Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
This part of your post intregued me.

which is in view; but the day and hour that it begins and ends is unpredictable.

So even if I am wrong, the thought reminds me of Hitler throwing the bodies into the fire. Some folks suffered longer than others.

With no set ending, it's akin to eternal damnation in my book.

Meaning it can last hella long......decades if not longer.

meaning annihilation is not necessarily a short time. It only means one second shorter than eternity which is forever. So by default, they have the same definition regarding time. Forever. Or one second short of eternity which essentially means, eternity.

Yes this is something with every fiber of my being I didn't want to believe in. Except the issue is, it's true.
It is only about correcting the errors man has been taught to believe, it has nothing to do with eternal damnation. Neither, is there anything about it being everlasting - it will happen in a blinking of the eye, and the dross will be removed, saving the man himself.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
thanks. Oh how I wish it wasn't literal!
I did not know you thought the Bible was literal....from previous posts, btw.
Quote:
pcamps: That horror does not exist to those that love has cast out fear.
God is not cleaning us up, he is raising Christ up in us.
You know when you google a famous person's quotes
like Einstein, Emmet Fox, Miester Eckhart, St. John of the Cross?
This should be included in 'pcamps notable quotes".
Quote:
Jerwade: The words endless torment (adialeipton timorion), eternal imprisonment (aidios eirgmos) and eternal punishment (aidios kalasin) do not appear anywhere in the Greek New Testament, at least not in conjunction. Neither, will you find the term aidios timorion or eternal torment. Therefore, whoever says that there is an eternal time set for punishment or torment beyond this life is sadly mistaken. It's a limited duration of aionion (αἰώνιον - a period of time as in an age) kalasin (Κόλασιν - chastisement or correction) which is in view; but the day and hour that it begins and ends is unpredictable.
If it were eternal, then the word Aidios would have been used. But not even Jesus used the word for eternal in conjunction with any kind of punishment or life for that matter.
I must say, I also didn't know you were this 'scholarly'! I'm getting way impressed by many people here.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-22-2018 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Keep seeing impressive posts!

Old 11-23-2018, 06:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You should introduce yourself to Finn Jarber sometime. You've got so many of the same thought processes as he does and I think he said he was an atheist at some point as well. You two might find you have a lot in common.
Are you saying ? (second thoughts i won't ask you)

Old 11-23-2018, 07:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Honestly I am not a Christian. So am here for the topic only if that makes sense. <snipped>...

For now, I might be one of the "athiests" you are describing. Yet minus the "nutty ideals" as I only study what Christians do, the Bible.
You posted this in a different thread yesterday:

Quote:
I went through this with our son. Lots of MY mistakes caused his anguish. Very serious issues. Since I am a Christian, took responsibility for it. But sadly, added insult to injury by not doing so at first. ...

Do you know the meaning of the word, “honestly”?

Old 11-23-2018, 08:07 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,031,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I did not know you thought the Bible was literal....from previous posts, btw.
You know when you google a famous person's quotes
like Einstein, Emmet Fox, Miester Eckhart, St. John of the Cross?
This should be included in 'pcamps notable quotes".
I must say, I also didn't know you were this 'scholarly'! I'm getting way impressed by many people here.
Dear Miss Hepburn: Never ever underestimate the depths of Jerwade.

"I used to debate these issues in times past, but have given that up for the most part. And have settled for that of "fortune" cookies or a commentary.

I have no intentions of getting up off the bench for every new kid on the block. My only desire is for people to open-up their hearts and minds to the possibility that we have erred in our attempts to understand everything there is, including that of a creator (God) and we have merely made the Spirit of life conform to our particular image.

There are things that go well beyond what we can imagine or perceive. But I do believe that love will never fail, if we put that first and foremost in our lives.

Although, there are many who have expectations that they must receive (a reward), if they are to give of themselves. And those that don't will be eternally damned, which is just asinine. Religion doesn't build unity, it causes separation and division with this "us" and "them" mentality. There is no one less or greater than anyone else. But when you deal with extreme fundamentalists, they believe they are the cats meow, and they will never listen to reason - as they have been indoctrinated to believe they are right and everyone else is wrong."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 11-23-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 11-23-2018, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
You posted this in a different thread yesterday:

Do you know the meaning of the word, “honestly”?
Great catch, Pleroo. Fundies lie. What a surprise.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:52 AM

14 posts, read 5,021 times
I happen to know for sure this much. I was judged pure of heart and chosen by a God. Now i think it is the first of all Gods but there is more than one God. What we have on this earth is fallen Gods guiding you down the wrong path. They do use religion to help them achieve that means.

One may ask how do I know for sure. Well I have had coffee reheat in my cup as I held it. I have a few witness that had the same thing happen to them. I have had vision of people both male and female. I have seen word blur out and new ones appear. I hear Lucifer whining to me about how he will never repent or agree to lead man down the path that i have seen. The fact is God gave me the vision of word where the ones printed blur out and new ones appear. He said You do not have to follow those commandments. So i thought it was he that was the Devil over those speaking to me. But when i read them I saw great evils in them. I knew than God does work with me to see the truth about all this as his Chosen. Serpent sign in the staff and a god that appears as a flame has historically been a sign of great evil about to be used to misguide man yet again. Just as eve Fell in the Garden of Eden so did Moses to the same signs.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Miss Hepburn: Never ever underestimate the depths of Jerwade.
Amen!

Quote:
"I used to debate these issues in times past, but have given that up for the most part. And have settled for that of "fortune" cookies or a commentary.

I have no intentions of getting up off the bench for every new kid on the block. My only desire is for people to open-up their hearts and minds to the possibility that we have erred in our attempts to understand everything there is, including that of a creator (God) and we have merely made the Spirit of life conform to our particular image.

There are things that go well beyond what we can imagine or perceive. But I do believe that love will never fail, if we put that first and foremost in our lives.

Although, there are many who have expectations that they must receive (a reward), if they are to give of themselves. And those that don't will be eternally damned, which is just asinine. Religion doesn't build unity, it causes separation and division with this "us" and "them" mentality. There is no one less or greater than anyone else. But when you deal with extreme fundamentalists, they believe they are the cats meow, and they will never listen to reason - as they have been indoctrinated to believe they are right and everyone else is wrong."
Well said.

(I think the misunderstanding about receiving rewards has something to do with not understanding that the reward is inherent in the giving of self.)

Old 11-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet Tom View Post
I happen to know for sure this much. I was judged pure of heart and chosen by a God. Now i think it is the first of all Gods but there is more than one God. What we have on this earth is fallen Gods guiding you down the wrong path. They do use religion to help them achieve that means.

One may ask how do I know for sure. Well I have had coffee reheat in my cup as I held it. I have a few witness that had the same thing happen to them. I have had vision of people both male and female. I have seen word blur out and new ones appear. I hear Lucifer whining to me about how he will never repent or agree to lead man down the path that i have seen. The fact is God gave me the vision of word where the ones printed blur out and new ones appear. He said You do not have to follow those commandments. So i thought it was he that was the Devil over those speaking to me. But when i read them I saw great evils in them. I knew than God does work with me to see the truth about all this as his Chosen. Serpent sign in the staff and a god that appears as a flame has historically been a sign of great evil about to be used to misguide man yet again. Just as eve Fell in the Garden of Eden so did Moses to the same signs.
Too much mulled wine and tryptophan yesterday?

Old 11-23-2018, 10:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Well said.

(I think the misunderstanding about receiving rewards has something to do with not understanding that the reward is inherent in the giving of self.)
When you give, you receive that which you have given.
It's not about buying a stairway to heaven or fire insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity