Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 PM

37 posts, read 103,931 times

Advertisements

The Bible including the Book of Revelation deals in contrasting opposites. Particularly in Revelation you see two cities (New Jerusalem and Mystery Babylon) and two women (The Bride and the Harlot) contrasted from one another. In each case, the one is the true Church and the other is the couterfeit that pretends to be the Church.

The Beast is the world system or the Kosmos which is the counterpart to the Kingdom. The Kingdom is ruled by the Lord and supports the Bride which is the Church. The Beast is ruled by Satan and the Harlot rides upon this Beast.

As I see it, any religious system that is not ruled over by the Lord is the Harlot (counterfeit bride) or Mystery Babylon (the counterfeit habitation of God in the spirit).

The Bible gives wisdom that the Beast sits on 7 hills. Both Rome and Jerusalem are natural cities that are built on 7 hills and both appear to some as the center of their religious world. But, the true Kingdom is not of this world as Jesus proclaimed as its home base is Heaven. Any denomination or religious system that can point to an earthly city as their headquarters or to a man as their earthly head is part of the Harlot and not the Bride.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,705,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Whether America is the Babylon of the Bible and Revelation, and what to do about it, is kinda still open to serious debate. Without going into whether it is true or not, let's skip over that for just a minute, and let me toss this consideration into the mix...
For the sake of this discussion, let's pretend that somehow it is "officially decided" that we are the Babylon spoken of in the Bible. Then...consider the ramifications to American Christians:
Mass frenzy of evacuation as millions upon millions of Americans dispose of all their cars, possessions, careers, homes, property, etc. And...what to do about loved ones who refuse to move? (wife, husband, son, daughter...) What about grandpa, and grandma...who may be too old to move, or live in an assisted care facility? Any suggestions on where so many people could possibly move to? Do you think Alaska would be considered part of "Babylon", since it is seperated from the cont. USA? What about American territories and possessions, (like American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc? Canada maybe? (Brrrr!) Ok then, how about Mexico? Oh wait...they're moving HERE....
I once considered moving to either Australia or New Zealand, but could not "qualify" to immigrate, due to their strict immigration policy. (and I don't consider myself all that "undesireable"...I'm middle class, educated, reasonable health, etc) Anyway, at the time, you either had to have a small fortune to bring into their country to invest (like $250K..or more), or possess a trade that they were in desperate need of. (doctors, nurses, engineers...) I was "none of the above"...just an average Joe Scmuck. (still am)
Oh well....I guess there is always the 3rd world countries. Guyana anyone? I understand they speak English there...
How will you support yourself, and your family, if you move? What to do...what to do...what to do...?
Ok...I give up...I don't have the answer!

Hey....we could look on the bright side: maybe we all will get raptured outta here before all the really bad stuff happens...

Bud
I think it's all about the culture that America appears to profess...the greed, the materialism. If you're pretty ascetic, you might not be considered part of America. If you're not living "the American Dream" you might not be considered part of America.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 AM

322 posts, read 738,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I think it's all about the culture that America appears to profess...the greed, the materialism. If you're pretty ascetic, you might not be considered part of America. If you're not living "the American Dream" you might not be considered part of America.
You hit one of the nails right on the head! The pursuit of riches, and the attitude against those who are not rich or middle class, is one of the great sins. Of course, there are also a few who are lazy and refuse to work as they should and are poor by choice. I don't say that those persons who are premeditatedly poor, should be patted on the back. But so many materialisticly properous folks do have an upidy attitude.

Last edited by joedrsaved; 04-16-2008 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,772,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
The Bible including the Book of Revelation deals in contrasting opposites. Particularly in Revelation you see two cities (New Jerusalem and Mystery Babylon) and two women (The Bride and the Harlot) contrasted from one another. In each case, the one is the true Church and the other is the couterfeit that pretends to be the Church.

The Beast is the world system or the Kosmos which is the counterpart to the Kingdom. The Kingdom is ruled by the Lord and supports the Bride which is the Church. The Beast is ruled by Satan and the Harlot rides upon this Beast.

As I see it, any religious system that is not ruled over by the Lord is the Harlot (counterfeit bride) or Mystery Babylon (the counterfeit habitation of God in the spirit).

The Bible gives wisdom that the Beast sits on 7 hills. Both Rome and Jerusalem are natural cities that are built on 7 hills and both appear to some as the center of their religious world. But, the true Kingdom is not of this world as Jesus proclaimed as its home base is Heaven. Any denomination or religious system that can point to an earthly city as their headquarters or to a man as their earthly head is part of the Harlot and not the Bride.

John
A voice of reason in this thread!!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,078,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Severly punished? Every heard of Iraq?
So you equate 4,000 American lives and countless Iraqi civilian lives lost as severe punishment? Kind of like punching yourself in the eye isn't it?

Quote:
Have they even found a can of bug spray with saadams name on it?
Nor have they found a WMD with Saddams name on it either. Brilliant.

Quote:
The US has repeatedly threatened to attack Iran if they don't stop the nukes.
The U.S. can threaten all they like. Given our current military situation there isn't a snowballs chance in hell we enter that country. Lots of sabre rattling.. no real action other than sanctions.

Quote:
They have spearheaded economic sanctions, which is severe punishment.
And guess what.. in order to get those sanctions to work the U.S. has to rely on its ALLIES to make it effective. The U.S. can't do anything on its own. See Iraq circa 2003

Quote:
They will fight Iran, if it comes to that.
No they won't. Imagine.. a war on three fronts. That guarantees failure. Dubya is stupid.. but isn't that stupid. The new president (more than likely a democrat) wouldn't dare risk putting more troops at risk given the state of the current military assets, a huge defecit, a crappy economy, possible stagflation etc etc etc..

Quote:
Recently the US said it will put a missle base next door to Russia, in Poland.
yeah check again. There is a PROPOSED missle base. I believe the Polish governement has some say as to whether or not a missle base will be put there. Polish polls indicate the people aren't a big fan of the idea as such there is no agreement yet.

Quote:
Does that mean anything?
No.

Quote:
I was born in the latter 50's, grew up whatching the Vietnam and cold war on TV, participated in the cold war with the US military, saw the berlin wall and the Soviet Union colapse (on TV), and a 1000 and 1 other facts to support my statement.
Prior performance does not indicate future peformance. Rinse and repeat.

Quote:
But hey, watta I know? Since somehow you say I'm completely wrong about the US being the most dominant nation on Earth, Please tell me which single one is.
There isn't one now. In about 10-15 years China will be the superpower.

Quote:
You talked about nations that "will be" more dominant some day. I mostly agree with that. It's called the scarlet beast with seven heads and ten horns
Ok.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,453,476 times
Default Serious question...

Quote:
This topic has already been discussed in another thread. But it is so important, that it is worthy of further consideration. We do live very near the end. JESUS promised, that first the gospel would be preached in every nation, and then the end would come. Most serious biblical scholars agree that the gospel has now been preached in every nation. I believe that to be true, so now I expect the end to soon come.

In the Revelation, we read about a harlot sitting on a scarlet beast. Today the USA is the most dominant nation on Earth. No other nation can do anything of major consequence, without Americas aproval. Otherwise, that nation gets severely punished.

We also read about the beast with 10 kings who are going to hate the harlot and burn her with fire. GOD commands His people to leave Babylon. Babylon is the USA. Therefore, the Church should hurry and get out.

My goal is to help all true Christians in America understand that we should leave this nation before it is too late.
But where would you suggest we all go?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,943,454 times
Yes. Please leave.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,453,476 times
Smile Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Yes. Please leave.
Sure, right after you.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:08 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,943,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Sure, right after you.
But I never said I wanted to leave

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,893,433 times
Just went to the New Zealand gov. immigration site, and they are still looking for doctors and engineers. But....the links are broken that are supposed to take you to their complete list of "wanted" professions. I found at least 5 broken links. Looks to me that if you are a computer guru, you might have a fair shot at moving there....

So....where to, if we HAD to move? Well...for me it'd have to be predominately English speaking, still allow outsiders in without major hassle, and not be so totally modernized that the average person couldn't afford to live there. (Ok...I guess New Zealand isn't doable...it would have been my 1st choice) Then, right off the top of my head: Guyana, South America. There is always South Africa...but crime is very high there. Panama, maybe? Belize? Belize is in the Carribean...warm and sunny. Beaches. Swimming/Diving. Predominately Christian. Hmmmm!!!!! Ok, that's it...this is MY pick!
Belize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok, let's see what else Google can find...

Here's a list of English-speaking countries:
oceania

And another:
africa

And another:
central

Let me know when ya'll figure out where we're going....maybe I'll join you!

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 04-17-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity