Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,559,741 times

Advertisements

As for me and my household, we will be striving to be ready when God choses to call us home, and leave the rest to Him !
You can argue this theory 'til the cows come home, and most likely none of you will be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,449,119 times
Smile Yes! Spread The Word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

If we all left..
Then who would remain here to spread the gospel, and do the work of the church??
Just curious
Besides what's the sense in instilling this type of fear, The devil is everywhere
you run...
If God be for us, who can be against us"?
Someone's has to believe in God's word, so it might as well be us
don't you agree,
You do believe in the 2nd coming of Christ don't you...
Wonderful! I do, I do believe in the 2nd coming of Christ. I know that I said at 2:00 pm about a day ago? Well, I live about an hour away from Key West and we had some pretty bad weather down this way yesterday and today; which included tornado watches. So it was off to Home Depot and Publix to do the hurricane preparing bit.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. What is the purpose of running away? To get away from the devil? Really? Can anyone name a place, city, town, state, etc, etc, that is "free from the wiles of the devil"? Besides Heaven; NONE! Like my brother Yhwhshalomjr said: If God be for us, who I ask, who can be against us? Absolutely nothing can be against us! Absolutely no one can be against us! Put your faith in the Lord Jesus I urge you! There is no refuge than that of the Almighty!!

Psalms 46- God the Refuge of His People and conqueror of the Nations

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though it's water roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved: God shall help her, just at the break of dawn. The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of host is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Come, behold the the works of the Lord, Who has made desolations in the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth: He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two: He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of host is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

I believe this promise of our Lord. He promises that I will be protected in time of trouble. He has never fail me yet! I am the one that failed Him time and time again. I am not worthy of His salvation. But He Loves me anyway! And He loves you too! Put your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ my friends. You do not have to live in fear of what's coming to this earth pretty soon. Give yourself over to Jesus and He will do the rest! Glory to the Most High!

Your sister in Christ Jesus.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 PM

713 posts, read 1,959,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
As for me and my household, we will be striving to be ready when God choses to call us home, and leave the rest to Him !
You can argue this theory 'til the cows come home, and most likely none of you will be right.
Do you know how many people missed God's first coming on this earth because they ignored the prophecies of His words?

"He would be born in Bethlehem"

"Sold for 30 pieces of Silver."

"Pierced for our transgressions"

And 300+ more prophecies were scattered accross the Bible telling the people what to look out for.

Likewise, we are no living in a time where prophecies of God's second coming are coming around. And although we argue and debate, God loves that kind of curiousity about Him. He even gives knowledge to those who seek.

So please do not repeat history. Study His word and study what God has for us in the future.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,637,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Do you know how many people missed God's first coming on this earth because they ignored the prophecies of His words?

And 300+ more prophecies were scattered accross the Bible telling the people what to look out for.

Likewise, we are no living in a time where prophecies of God's second coming are coming around. And although we argue and debate, God loves that kind of curiousity about Him. He even gives knowledge to those who seek.

So please do not repeat history. Study His word and study what God has for us in the future.
Amen!! Great post, Souper. I said something very similar to the part of your post I highlighted in one of my posts. What better way to honor our Father than to be interested and want to understand His Word? I think it's fascinating!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,559,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post

Thank you for your concern. I have been 'studying' hhe word of God for 42 years, and continue to study it.
I believe the warnings are aimed at those who do not know God, and have not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ. The warnings are God's effort to bring all to Him.
I shall continue to stay close to Him, and trust that He will care for His, as He has promised.
I am concerned for all that do not prepare for their own judgement. That is the main reason I am posting on these threads. If one does know God, and does obey the gospel, and remains faithful until the end of their life, they will have no reason to fear whatever is to come.

" And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt.10. 28 NASB

Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 AM

322 posts, read 738,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I agree that we are in the last days, but I'm not sure that America is the Babylon that the Bible speaks of. It sure sounds like it, though. I do believe that America is going to suffer tremendously real soon. I don't know how or when, but soon. I'm not sure that leaving America is going to allow anyone to escape God's wrath, which will affect the whole world after the rapture and the beginning of the tribulation. There won't be anywhere to hide. The best thing that anyone can do is repent, accept Christ, live a Godly life and be ready for anything.
One day more than four years ago, I was suddenly in the SPIRIT. GOD showed me a holy vision of His anger. He spoke to me and said, "This is the anger of GOD towards the secular Americans. GOD is not angry with the Church." There was more to the vision. The LORD showed me the land of ancient Egypt. He showed me the arm of the Pharoah raised before Moses. The Pharoah was angry, and said to Moses, "Go." There was more to the vision.

For the last four years I've studyed and prayed for understanding of the awesome holy vision. I now see that America is Babylon from scripture study. GOD loves His children. But He will destroy the unrepented secular Americans and all the unrepented wicked in all the Earth.

But you all must pray untill the LORD reveals the truth to you about this very serious matter. Ask the One Who knows. Trust only in The LORD ALMIGHTY. Ask Him to lead you according to His holy will. Ask Him for revelation about America. Trust Him, not me, though the message I give is from the LORD, put all your trust in JESUS ALMIGHTY LORD!

He loves His children so, so much! Just pray and obey Him. Bless all who trust in JESUS.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,637,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
One day more than four years ago, I was suddenly in the SPIRIT. GOD showed me a holy vision of His anger. He spoke to me and said, "This is the anger of GOD towards the secular Americans. GOD is not angry with the Church." There was more to the vision. The LORD showed me the land of ancient Egypt. He showed me the arm of the Pharoah raised before Moses. The Pharoah was angry, and said to Moses, "Go." There was more to the vision.

For the last four years I've studyed and prayed for understanding of the awesome holy vision. I now see that America is Babylon from scripture study. GOD loves His children. But He will destroy the unrepented secular Americans and all the unrepented wicked in all the Earth.

But you all must pray untill the LORD reveals the truth to you about this very serious matter. Ask the One Who knows. Trust only in The LORD ALMIGHTY. Ask Him to lead you according to His holy will. Ask Him for revelation about America. Trust Him, not me, though the message I give is from the LORD, put all your trust in JESUS ALMIGHTY LORD!

He loves His children so, so much! Just pray and obey Him. Bless all who trust in JESUS.
Visions and dreams are part of end time prophecy. I'm still waiting for mine. I'm praying and waiting. Not that I need one....I already know the Truth. Thanks for sharing this, Joe.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM

94 posts, read 135,699 times
Default Ascending OUT OF THE EARTH

I've read your posts "joedrsaved" and find your analysis very interesting. I will have to say I agree with you.

Let me get this straight: You say America is the "Babylon" of Revelation. The reasons given are quite appropo' but I would be more expletive by turning your attention to Revelaion 13:11 where it describes ANOTHER beast - a wild one - which at first is like "a lamb" which later speaks as "a dragon". Certainly other attributes follow:

- performs great signs {American technology admired thruout world}

- makes "fire" come down out of heaven {electricity developed in 1700s}

- tells world to make an "image" {MORE ON THIS MUCH LATER}

- puts all free/slaved men under compulsion to carry "sign"/"mark"
{all trade is based on $ dollar system}

- kills all those who do not worship "image"
{AGAIN, MORE ON THIS LATER}

- no one may buy or sell except those who carry "sign/mark"
{boycotts,sanctions, political pressure have been placed on one country after another since US entered into modern age}

. . . . certainly these are but a few attributes of this last power on man's earth coming ONLY FROM the Book of Revelation. Imagine all the other signs from other books.

Thank you for any input.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:51 PM

713 posts, read 1,959,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netprophet View Post
I've read your posts "joedrsaved" and find your analysis very interesting. I will have to say I agree with you.

Let me get this straight: You say America is the "Babylon" of Revelation. The reasons given are quite appropo' but I would be more expletive by turning your attention to Revelaion 13:11 where it describes ANOTHER beast - a wild one - which at first is like "a lamb" which later speaks as "a dragon". Certainly other attributes follow:

- performs great signs {American technology admired thruout world}

- makes "fire" come down out of heaven {electricity developed in 1700s}

- tells world to make an "image" {MORE ON THIS MUCH LATER}

- puts all free/slaved men under compulsion to carry "sign"/"mark"
{all trade is based on $ dollar system}

- kills all those who do not worship "image"
{AGAIN, MORE ON THIS LATER}

- no one may buy or sell except those who carry "sign/mark"
{boycotts,sanctions, political pressure have been placed on one country after another since US entered into modern age}

. . . . certainly these are but a few attributes of this last power on man's earth coming ONLY FROM the Book of Revelation. Imagine all the other signs from other books.

Thank you for any input.
That is the Antichrist NOT Babylon

Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,037,082 times
I'm still trying to figure out what the point is to all this. To leave for Canada because someone claims he had a vision? Does his vision include substantial real estate holdings in Canada?

What difference does it make if America is Babylon? Again, there is NO proof the Bible is talking about America. Christ could return in 2000 years. Will America still be around? My guess is no.

I think this whole conversation is bordering on the ridiculous. Haven't people for been claiming the same things we're reading on this post? The Rapture is imminent. Everything prophesied is coming together. Let's assume that this is the case now. So? What are you going to do about it? Stop it? Run to Canada and hide? So much of what I'm reading is truly embarrassing.

By the way, Soupster, you're right Jesus wasn't mentioned in the Old Testament. So what? He was mentioned in the New Testament. I stand my by assertion that America is not mentioned in the Bible. That's a fact. To assume America is Babylon is merely and ASSUMPTION, an OPINION. You do NOT have that type of clairvoyance. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity