Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2020, 04:33 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears that you are the adversary; the hateful one of mankind.
Who hides behind his cloak of falsehood and dagger of deception.

Golly Annointed, if you done went and made Jerwade talk like this , well O boy, you're in trouble.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:21 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Dr. George de Benneville

In spite of the loss of both parents, I was an unruly child, he thought. No wonder they sent me to sea at the age of twelve! He recalled the episode in Algiers where his ship had docked. Some Moors had brought refreshments to sell and one of them had slipped and torn his leg. Two of his companions had kissed the wound, shedding tears upon it, until de Benneville had complained about the noises they were making.

He had been told that their tears were cleansing the wound and that the supplications to the sun were prayers offered in their fallen comrade’s name. He remembered tears forming in his young eyes as he had said within himself: “Are these Heathens? No, I confess before God they are Christians, and I myself am a Heathen! “It had been my first lesson in understanding that the heart of religion is how people treat one another, not always what they say they believe. He closed his eyes and prayed: “Infinite and eternal God, thou seest us. Have mercy upon us. Guide us daily in the ways of truth. Let our mind’s eye be directed entirely upon Thee. Amen.” It was long past midnight when he fell asleep.

https://christianuniversalist.org/re...-debenneville/

Old 10-17-2020, 10:42 AM

Thank God for the radical transformation of our thoughts from our early beginnings in Him. There are those who are satisfied to dwell in their present experience, but alas, growth requires expansion of thinking and being.

Life into the Lord of glory is one of progressive stages. Each stage requires fresh faith that corresponds to what breaks upon you in the unveiling of Him.

The children of Israel took 40 years traveling to a destination that was 11 days journey. I am becoming painfully aware that my wee experience in Him has required 40 years of His patient waiting.

Everlasting life is not one of simply duration, but quality of life within Him.

"This is everlasting life, that we may know You..."

“I don’t believe in universalism, but I do believe in Jesus Christ, the reconciler of all.” -Karl Barth

Old 10-17-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears that you are the adversary; the hateful one of mankind.
Who hides behind his cloak of falsehood and dagger of deception.

“Who, after all, is saying something more objectively atrocious, or more aggressively perverse? The person who claims that every newborn infant enters the world justly under the threat of eternal dereliction, and that a good God imposes or permits the imposition of a state of eternal agony on finite, created rational beings as part of the mystery of his love or sovereignty or justice? Or the person who observes that such ideas are cruel and barbarous and depraved? Which of these two should really be, if not ashamed of his or her words, at least hesitant, ambivalent, and even a little penitent in uttering them? And which has a better right to moral indignation at what the other has said? And, really, don’t these questions answer themselves?

A belief does not merit unconditional reverence just because it is old, nor should it be immune to being challenged in terms commensurate to the scandal it seems to pose. And the belief that a God of infinite intellect, justice, love, and power would condemn rational beings to a state of perpetual torment, or would allow them to condemn themselves on account of their own delusion, pain, and anger, is probably worse than merely scandalous. It may be the single most horrid notion the religious imagination has ever conceived, and the most irrational and spiritually corrosive picture of existence possible. And anyone who thinks that such claims are too strong or caustic, while at the same time finding the traditional notion of a hell of everlasting suffering perfectly unobjectionable, needs to consider whether he or she is really thinking clearly about the matter at all." -David Bentley Hart-

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

Old 10-17-2020, 03:18 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,058 times
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, or so say the Holy Scriptures, and God has declared that the penalty of sin is death, and that the LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies. Nahum 1: 2.

But the adversary sneaks in, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, and convinces the gullible, that the Lord is some sort of love doll, and no one should fear him, or even believe him, who said, Death is the penalty of sin.

Because the prophets of the Lord, whose words are recorded in the Hebrew bible, 'The OT,' from which Jesus and his apostles taught, were primitive barbaric tellers of false stories, and nothing they have said can be trusted, because the Father of their little love doll would never have done what those primitive barbaric so-called prophets of the Lord God our savior have said, he would never have committed, that which those poor souls who have been deceived by that wolf in sheep's clothing has convinced them, were heinous crimes against Mankind.

Jesus, who was born ‘Son of God,’ not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord, with which he was filled on the day of his baptism.

Jesus who said in Matthew 7: 16; “Not everyone who calls me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do what my Father wants.”

The Father of Jesus, whose acts as recorded in the Holy Scriptures those poor deceived souls appear to believe, were barbaric and savage acts against mankind.

Jesus, who in Matthew 25; speaks of the time “When the Son of Man comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne, 32and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the righteous people on his right and the others on his left. 34Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!

The one of who it is said in Revelation 3: 20- 21; Listen! I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they will eat with me. To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne.

Revelation 21: 5-8; Then the one who sits on the throne said, “And now I make all things new!” He also said to me, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” (THESE WORDS ARE TRUE AND CAN BE TRUSTED) And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

He does the will of his heavenly Father, in whose throne he now sits, and those poor deceived souls say that anyone who claims to Love and follow the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who chose Jesus as his heir, has a spirit that is in serious jeopardy.

Those messengers of the lying adversary, will try to convince the world, that which was spoken by the Lord was "NOT TRUE AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED."

Old 10-17-2020, 03:59 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Those messengers of the lying adversary, will try to convince the world, that which was spoken by the Lord was "NOT TRUE AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED."
The fear of God was necessary to tame our savage and barbaric ancestors but it was only the beginning of wisdom NOT the end. The spiritually immature who retain the ancient savage and barbaric beliefs about God in fear have not spiritually matured beyond our primitive ancestors. The inspirations of God that were interpreted by our primitive, ignorant, and spiritually immature ancestors CANNOT BE COMPLETELY TRUSTED WITHOUT SPIRITUALLY MATURE INTERPRETATION.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The fear of God was necessary to tame our savage and barbaric ancestors but it was only the beginning of wisdom NOT the end. The spiritually immature who retain the ancient savage and barbaric beliefs about God in fear have not spiritually matured beyond our primitive ancestors. The inspirations of God that were interpreted by our primitive, ignorant, and spiritually immature ancestors CANNOT BE COMPLETELY TRUSTED WITHOUT SPIRITUALLY MATURE INTERPRETATION.
Thank God for the radical transformation of our thoughts from our early beginnings in Him. There are those who are satisfied to dwell in their present experience, but alas, growth requires expansion of thinking and being.

Life into the Lord of glory is one of progressive stages. Each stage requires fresh faith that corresponds to what breaks upon you in that unveiling of Him.

The children of Israel took 40 years traveling to a destination that was 11 days journey. I am becoming painfully aware that my wee experience in Him has required 40 years of His patient waiting.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:37 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Life into the Lord of glory is one of progressive stages. Each stage requires fresh faith that corresponds to what breaks upon you in that unveiling of Him.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:36 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So how do you pick and choose what to believe or disbelieve from the words of those prophets of the Lord, who you accuse of being primitive story tellers of barbaric events that you believe never happened, or prophecies of future events that you see as false stories of barbaric events that are said by those primitive prophets of the Lord, are still to happen in our future, when the Lord gathers all the nations surrounding the land of Judah, who attempt to destroy his chosen people and drive them into the sea, as revealed in Isaiah 63: 1-6.

“Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?”

“It is the LORD, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory.”

2“Why is his clothing so red, like that of someone who tramples grapes to make wine?”

3 The LORD answers, “I have trampled the nations like grapes, and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. 4I decided that 'THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; IT WAS TIME TO PUNISH THEIR ENEMIES.' 5I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. 6In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them. I poured out their lifeblood on the ground.”

Obviously the biblical God is not your God.

He is not the jealous and avenging God as described by Nahum the prophet of the Lord who said; "The LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies.

What a wonderful God and savior of his chosen people, is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Old 10-18-2020, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
What a wonderful God and savior of his chosen people, is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
The prophet who foresees that “He shall deliver the needy, when he cry's; the poor also, and him that has no helper” (Psalm 72:12); no less declares that He “loves righteousness and hates iniquity” (Psalm 45:5, 7; Heb. 1:9), and that “He comes to judge the world with equity and the people with His truth” (Psalm 96:13). Some of His elect may think, that, because they are elect, He will not judge them. But because He is the Truth, He must judge all wrong, and judge it even more in those who know and are near Him, than in those who know Him not. For He reveals Him who said of old, “You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore will I punish you for your iniquities” (Amos 3:2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity