Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2020, 10:22 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times

Advertisements

Another thing is, the scriptures tell us that God works all things according to the counsel of His will, so I don't believe that we have total freedom like most people believe. We can make choices but they are limited and subject to God's sovereign will.

Ephesians 1: 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up* of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory...

summing up- anakephalaloomai- in the mid. voice, gathering together again, to reunite under one head, (Key Word Study Bible)

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-19-2020 at 10:48 AM..

Old 01-19-2020, 10:49 AM

952 posts, read 323,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Unfailing love, the scriptures tell us that sinners are lost. They are deceived. Jesus came to set the captives free. This means that anyone who hates his or her own Creator, is lost, deceived, a captive to sin. They are unenlightened and they are in darkness. In John 1, we are told that the true light that enlightens every man has come into the world.

You are not free if you are living in darkness and sin. You are a slave to sin.
Many people in total freedom make the choice to go to prison , and live as a slave under lock and key .
Your are confusing free choice of a lifestyle that you or I may not freely choose for ourselves .
Why would you like someone to be forced to choose to go to here or there against their will or even taking
it to a greater extreme remove their ability to choose altogether ?

Old 01-19-2020, 10:56 AM

It is not about what I want, unfailing presence. It is about what God wants and what He has purposed, planned to do through Jesus Christ.

He will subject all to Himself. (1 Cor. 15)

His purpose is reunite all in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1)

He will again the allegiance of all (Isaiah 45)

He is the Savior of all people (1 Timothy 4)

This is His plan and we really can't argue with it.

Remember this verse in the song, I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see? Anyone who rejects His own Creator is lost and blind. God is able to find the lost and open the eyes of the blind. This is God's work.
The scriptures tell us that all will be made subject to God. This is His plan, His purpose and as God, He has every right to do this. Many don't like this, but it is what it is.

God bless.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:07 AM

"Because man is a created being, he does not own himself. God owns all that He has created. All the land belongs to God. It is true that man has been given a level of authority, but man does not have ultimate sovereignty over his "land," that is, himself. For this reason, man has been given the right to sell his land temporarily. He may sell himself into sin for a while, even for a lifetime. But he has never been given the right to sell his land for all time. His land will always have to revert back to God at the Jubilee.
In other words, no man can be so great a sinner that he cannot be set free at the year of Jubilee. No man can go so far into debt that he cannot be set free in the year of Jubilee. No man has either the authority or the ability to incur a debt that is greater than the year of Jubilee can remedy. This is the law of God, not man's law.

When man sinned, the "land" was sold. That is, Adam and his children and his entire estate were sold into sin. In essence, God lost His inheritance in the earth. It is for this reason that Jesus Christ came into the world to redeem His lost inheritance. He came as a near Kinsman in order to secure the RIGHT of redemption. By His own blood, He paid the full price of the sin of the entire world from Adam to the end of time. .." The Law of Jubilee, Dr. Stephen E. Jones

Old 01-19-2020, 11:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
Could you please describe God's "judgement & correction" of a lifelong child rapist
who despises the name of Jesus and even invokes the name of Jesus in the actual torture
and abuse of children, as you understand it ? ty.
Could I take a crack at it?
Not everything is as it appears. In fact, nothing is.
Many don't see farther than this one lifetime - that's why
so many things seem unjust. (And many things ARE! Don't get me wrong.)

Here we go, Possible scenarios:

-The rapist could have been the one brutally raped as a child (we're talkin in another life) by the very
one he was now raping.

-Or, the present rapist could have been the best friend, in past lives, of the child he was
now raping - he supported the past rapes, doing nothing--changed his ways and is now trying
to show the child, his buddy from the past -
"See, this is what you have been doing..now stop. See how terrible this is?"

-The child is not a child at all 'really' - but, a soul that has caused constant harm to others in multiple lives...go
way back to the Spanish massacres in South Am in the 1500s.
And is now getting his payback...in the form of a lesson, due to his thick head,
to open his eyes -"This is not a good thing, so stoppit!!"

-The rapist deliberately came back this life to get caught and punished - he set the whole thing up to
place himself in a self-imposed punishment, prison, to burn off years of bad karma...
2 birds with one stone? The child was his buddy doing his past crimes.

Sound preposterous, sure, when you don't get that we have had many lives.
I can say I know past lives exist, knowing 3 of mine - I don't need 100 stories from Dr. Brian Weiss' sessions to believe that.
(Ha, one session with a troubled couple they remembered under hypnosis...they had been together 52 xs ...and each time one killed the other!)

Nothing is what it seems. These crimes effect everyone close, there is a huge matrix,
like a multi-faceted 3D web of inter-connectedness that is mind blowing
when you see it...I have had 2- 3 flashes of 'my life before me'
and have seen how every single thing that has happened - just meeting one person...was part of plan - so intricate it works
like one of Kepler's formulas, from the 1500s, used today by NASA to send a probe to land on an asteroid
10 yrs away hurtling in space! The Universe and our lives in it are like a Swiss Watch!
Nothing is a coincidence or by chance.

Am I speaking on many deaf ears here, youbetcha...but so what.
I gave you a diff ans to your question!

Btw, What? You're from Syr? Small world! Glad the storm is over.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Many people in total freedom make the choice to go to prison , and live as a slave under lock and key .
Your are confusing free choice of a lifestyle that you or I may not freely choose for ourselves .
Why would you like someone to be forced to choose to go to here or there against their will or even taking
it to a greater extreme remove their ability to choose altogether ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
It is not about what I want, unfailing presence. It is about what God wants and what He has purposed,

God bless.
So a God that removes the ability to choose in order to make submission possible appeals to you ?
Really?

Old 01-19-2020, 11:56 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
So a God that remove all ability to choose appeals to you ?
It is not about removing our ability to choose, it is about God changing our choices through trials and tribulations

Old 01-19-2020, 12:07 PM

Yes and He does not remove our ability to make choices. He removes all blinders and binders so that we make the correct choice in the end. All will realize that He is their Savior and God. They will return to Him willingly. They have to see that they are lost first, and in need of a Savior. It is like the prodigal son who had to experience the consequences of his bad choices before he realized that he needed to return home.

But He works all things according to the counsel of His own will. This is His design. He has a plan and He will accomplish what He has planned.

It is not whether or not something appeals to me unfailing presence. It is about what God has revealed to us.

But it you want to go that way, what appeals to me is the realization that God is love and that He is the Savior of the world. Nothing is too difficult for Him. He is able to defeat sin and death and He is able to win the hearts of all of His creatures, even the most hardened heart. He knows how to reach it. He brings healing and life to His creation. He does not abandon the multitudes to sin and death and end up with a few.

He will restore them all to Himself.

The same all that came out of Him will one day return to Him.

His will will be done and it is good.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-19-2020 at 01:11 PM..

Old 01-19-2020, 12:51 PM

It is like having a roomful of students who lied about something or cheated on a test, for example, if this helps. If the teacher is able to show not just one but all of the students that they were wrong in what they did, and they all admit that they were wrong and they promise not to do this again, this means that the teacher was successful in what he or she set out to do. God will be successful in showing the unbelievers that they are lost sinners, that they were wrong, that they need to return to Him. He is able to convince all because He has all power and He knows the heart of every person. He will also destroy the flesh or sin that is in each one and bring healing and life in the end.

Psalm 22:27

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

God bless.

Old 01-19-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Could I take a crack at it?
Not everything is as it appears. In fact, nothing is.
Many don't see farther than this one lifetime - that's why
so many things seem unjust. (And many things ARE! Don't get me wrong.)

Here we go, Possible scenarios:

-The rapist could have been the one brutally raped as a child (we're talkin in another life) by the very
one he was now raping.

-Or, the present rapist could have been the best friend, in past lives, of the child he was
now raping - he supported the past rapes, doing nothing--changed his ways and is now trying
to show the child, his buddy from the past -
"See, this is what you have been doing..now stop. See how terrible this is?"

-The child is not a child at all 'really' - but, a soul that has caused constant harm to others in multiple lives...go
way back to the Spanish massacres in South Am in the 1500s.
And is now getting his payback...in the form of a lesson, due to his thick head,
to open his eyes -"This is not a good thing, so stoppit!!"

-The rapist deliberately came back this life to get caught and punished - he set the whole thing up to
place himself in a self-imposed punishment, prison, to burn off years of bad karma...
2 birds with one stone? The child was his buddy doing his past crimes.

Sound preposterous, sure, when you don't get that we have had many lives.
I can say I know past lives exist, knowing 3 of mine - I don't need 100 stories from Dr. Brian Weiss' sessions to believe that.
(Ha, one session with a troubled couple they remembered under hypnosis...they had been together 52 xs ...and each time one killed the other!)

Nothing is what it seems. These crimes effect everyone close, there is a huge matrix,
like a multi-faceted 3D web of inter-connectedness that is mind blowing
when you see it...I have had 2- 3 flashes of 'my life before me'
and have seen how every single thing that has happened - just meeting one person...was part of plan - so intricate it works
like one of Kepler's formulas, from the 1500s, used today by NASA to send a probe to land on an asteroid
10 yrs away hurtling in space! The Universe and our lives in it are like a Swiss Watch!
Nothing is a coincidence or by chance.

Am I speaking on many deaf ears here, youbetcha...but so what.
I gave you a diff ans to your question!

Btw, What? You're from Syr? Small world! Glad the storm is over.
Not any application to accepted biblical precepts that I can see , but thanks for the effort .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity