Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 02:25 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times

Advertisements

"In love he chose us before he laid the foundation of the universe! Because of his great love, he ordained us, so that we would be seen as holy in his eyes with an unstained innocence. For it was always in his perfect plan to adopt us as his delightful children, through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One, so that his tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify his grace —for the same love he has for the Beloved, Jesus, he has for us. And this unfolding plan brings him great pleasure!Since we are now joined to Christ, we have been given the treasures of redemption by his blood—the total cancellation of our sins—all because of the cascading riches of his grace. This superabundant grace is already powerfully working in us, releasing all forms of wisdom and practical understanding. And through the revelation of the Anointed One, he unveiled his secret desires to us—the hidden mystery of his long-range plan, which he was delighted to implement from the very beginning of time. And because of God’s unfailing purpose, this detailed plan will reign supreme through every period of time until the fulfillment of all the ages finally reaches its climax—when God makes all things new in all of heaven and earth through Jesus Christ." ~TPT

Old 08-17-2022, 02:27 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"In love he chose us before he laid the foundation of the universe! Because of his great love, he ordained us, so that we would be seen as holy in his eyes with an unstained innocence. For it was always in his perfect plan to adopt us as his delightful children, through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One, so that his tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify his grace —for the same love he has for the Beloved, Jesus, he has for us. And this unfolding plan brings him great pleasure!Since we are now joined to Christ, we have been given the treasures of redemption by his blood—the total cancellation of our sins—all because of the cascading riches of his grace. This superabundant grace is already powerfully working in us, releasing all forms of wisdom and practical understanding. And through the revelation of the Anointed One, he unveiled his secret desires to us—the hidden mystery of his long-range plan, which he was delighted to implement from the very beginning of time. And because of God’s unfailing purpose, this detailed plan will reign supreme through every period of time until the fulfillment of all the ages finally reaches its climax—when God makes all things new in all of heaven and earth through Jesus Christ." ~TPT
Blessings to you R2L.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:29 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Probably because Augustine didn't believe the scriptures.
Thanks for taking the time to type up that lengthy response to the Judas question.

But thanks to this post, any credibility you had is gone.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Thanks for taking the time to type up that lengthy response to the Judas question.

Why? I've read Augustine's works.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Why? I've read Augustine's works.
Please cite where Augustine stated that he didn't believe the Scriptures.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Actually there are many things I differ with Augustine on. I found his writings to be rather lifeless. Dead. Little to no spiritual awakening and revelation from Christ. Perhaps why it appeals to the RCC? Anyway just my own personal thoughts on Augustine.

Do you have any comments regarding my post concerning Judas?

Old 08-17-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Please cite where Augustine stated that he didn't believe the Scriptures.
I didn't say that he stated he didn't believe scripture, but rather he did not believe scripture.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:05 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Blessings to you R2L.
My brother, it is always a delight beholding you again!

All over the earth the earth the Spirit is moving; to be a small part of it as He joins us to Himself is enough.

Our will joined with His Will = At-one-ment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Rl7Cn0WpM

Old 08-17-2022, 03:13 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
To answer your question, I don't believe Judas will "be damned" for the following reasons:

The soul of Judas was and is owned by God (Eze 18:4). Jesus tells us that God is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him (Luk 20:38). Judas lives to God, for all live to Him, including Judas.

Paul tells us that Judas was created in Christ and for Christ (Col 1:16, Gk text). Paul further tells us that all, including Judas, live, move and have their being in Him (Act 17:28). Not some, but rather all. All includes Judas.

Jesus tells us that He hand picked Judas (Luk 6:13) to betray Him (Joh 6:71) as the lost son of perdition (Joh 17:12). Jesus also tells us that He came to save the "lost" (Luk 19:10), a title given to Judas by Christ. Jesus calls Judas the lost "son of perdition" (Joh 17:12), a title Judas was also given to fulfill scripture. Judas simply did what he was ordained to do (Luk 22:3, Joh 13:27), and Judas did so according to the flesh (Rom 8:5-8).

Regarding Judas and Mat 26:24: The text does not say "better for him had he never been born", as you quoted it, but rather "καλὸν ἦν αὐτῷ εἰ οὐκ ἐγεννήθη ὁ ἄνθρωπος ἐκεῖνος", translated as: "better would it be for him if not had been born that man".

The emphasis of Mat 26:24 is not regarding the birth of Judas, per se, but rather with respect to what God had ordained Judas to do. It would have been better for Judas not to have been born "that man". It would have been better for Judas had he not been ordained by God to betray Jesus. That is what the text in Mat 26:24 actually says.

Paul tells us that Christ justifies the ungodly (Rom 4:5), a description that Judas certainly meets. Judas was justified to life in Christ, by Christ's one act of righteousness for him (Rom 5:18).

Paul tells us that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself (2Co 5:18). Judas certainly meets that criteria too (Joh 17:12). Judas was reconciled to God, in Christ. Again, Judas was created in and for Christ, that God will be all in all (1Co 15:28). All means all and includes Judas being subdued and made subject to Christ also (1Co 15:25-28).

The scriptures tell us that Judas went to his own place (Act 1:25). Solomon tells us where that place is, here:

Ecc 12:5 they are afraid also of what is high, and terrors are in the way; the almond tree blossoms, the grasshopper drags itself along and desire fails; because man goes to his eternal home, and the mourners go about the streets;
Ecc 12:6 before the silver cord is snapped, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern,
Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Judas' eternal home is, and always will be, with God in Christ according to the spirit, and as dust that returns to the earth, according to the flesh.
Bless you, brother! Your posts are enormously valuable interpretations.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Actually there are many things I differ with Augustine on. I found his writings to be rather lifeless. Dead. Little to no spiritual awakening and revelation from Christ. Perhaps why it appeals to the RCC? Anyway just my own personal thoughts on Augustine.
Nice cheap shot.

Quote:
Do you have any comments regarding my post concerning Judas?
No. The Fathers and the dogmas of the Church, and even the Matthew 26 text itself all speak for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity