Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2021, 10:16 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post

If I had to save myself from sin, then nobody who ever lived, except Jesus, would stand a chance. It takes faith to stop panicking and worrying over that. Accusing others is just a reflection of that anxiety. As a person's faith increases that will decrease, and they will stop seeing what is wrong in others and embrace the new that God has for them. Reward is how changes to behavior take place, not punishment. Punishment produces cowering, self-denial, depression, loss of confidence, loss of renewal, doubt before God and envy.

יְשׁוּעָה 'yeshuʽa or yeshua' = salvation

"It wasn’t so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It’s a wonder God didn’t lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah. Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. It’s God’s gift from start to finish!" ~MSG

Note:

1. God is salvation. He is not potential salvation: He IS salvation.

2. He is incredible love (His essence).

3. He requires no help from our sin dead lives: He does it all alone.

4. There is no rush, He has all the time in this world & the next.

5. Saving us is all His idea and ALL His work from start to finish.

NO HELP REQUIRED

Old 06-05-2021, 10:20 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Whether saved or lost, the mortal body goes to the grave awaiting the resurrections.

John 5:28-29

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The flesh is "they that have done evil" and the spirit is "they that have done good". These are the same judgments we were discussing in the previous posts. Look at the lead-in text to the scriptures you quoted:

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Paul summarizes these judgements for all Israel and Gentiles, both believers and unbelievers alike:

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Old 06-05-2021, 10:32 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
That's the works of the "flesh" being spoken of:

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The "flesh" does not inherit the Kingdom, Charlie24, it's corrupt:

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Did you know that your flesh too, like that spoken of in Rev 16:10-11, will also not inherit the kingdom of God?
Charlie, like far too many carnal-minded Christians, is completely conditioned and wedded to a physical body. It is the reason Jesus had to assuage our ancestors' fears of Spirits by appearing to have a physical body. They, like Charlie, were not remotely prepared to accept a Spiritual body. Apparently, many of us have not progressed far enough spiritually to do so either. I am bemused by the apparent fascination with and love of our physical bodies.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:34 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
The flesh is "they that have done evil" and the spirit is "they that have done good". These are the same judgments we were discussing in the previous posts. Look at the lead-in text to the scriptures you quoted:

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Paul summarizes these judgements for all Israel and Gentiles, both believers and unbelievers alike:

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
There are 2 resurrections plainly seen in Revelation. The first for the just and the second for the unjust, they are 1000 years apart.

Rev. 20:5-6

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

As far as the "flesh/they who have done evil" and the "spirit/they who have done good" that is some messed up stuff, Guru.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:56 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
As far as the "flesh/they who have done evil" and the "spirit/they who have done good" that is some messed up stuff, Guru.
This reveals your complete lack of spiritual understanding, Charlie. You are mostly carnal and flesh. You manifest too many of the negative attributes of the flesh and too few of the attributes of the Spirit. I recommend you work on manifesting more Spirit instead of creating discord and strife among others with your condemnation of sin and threat of Hellfire. Discord and strife are attributes of the flesh, Charlie, not the Spirit. Do you really want to be promoting the flesh instead of the Holy Spirit???

Old 06-05-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This reveals your complete lack of spiritual understanding, Charlie. You are mostly carnal and flesh. You manifest too many of the negative attributes of the flesh and too few of the attributes of the Spirit. I recommend you work on manifesting more Spirit instead of creating discord and strife among others with your condemnation of sin and threat of Hellfire. Discord and strife are attributes of the flesh, Charlie, not the Spirit. Do you really want to be promoting the flesh instead of the Holy Spirit???
I think my real problem with you is that I disagree on almost everything you say!

You've got some messed up stuff going on Mystic, it all came from your view of scripture.

If you can't believe the entire Word of God, is the Word of God, you're going to have some very, very serious problems, my friend!

Old 06-05-2021, 11:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
That's strange! Jesus ascended into heaven in a body of flesh, a glorified body.

John and Paul said that we will have the same body at the resurrection.

Here's a lesson for you Guru, mortal flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Immortal flesh will!
Welcome back, Green Lantern, do you have that magical ring or are you merely Superman?

Old 06-05-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
There are 2 resurrections plainly seen in Revelation. The first for the just and the second for the unjust, they are 1000 years apart.

Rev. 20:5-6

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

In the resurrection the judgements are of "spirit" and "flesh". They represent the two kingdoms of the soul that are now divided. Those two kingdoms are called "nations" that Christ divides to the left and right, "sheep" and "goats". Those are the judgements that Mat 25:31-46 speaks of.

As for Joh 5:29, the term "they" is being translated from the Gk. definite articles "οἱ" and "τὰ". The KJV is translating the articles like demonstrative pronouns. However, it does not need to be understood as "they" (as in body soul and spirit, complete), but rather as the definite article that it is: "that" or "that which" is doing the good or the evil. Look at the text:

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Gk: καὶ ἐκπορεύσονται οἱ τὰ ἀγαθὰ ποιήσαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν ζωῆς οἱ δὲ τὰ φαῦλα πράξαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν κρίσεως

As for the 1,000 year period spoken of in Rev 20:5, the time between judgements can be interpreted how ever you choose. I see it as a completed judgement, or period. It need not even be referencing "time" as we think of it, but rather denoting "completeness". Similar to how God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He owns all the cattle, not just those on a thousand hills.

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Last edited by jjGuru; 06-05-2021 at 12:09 PM..

Old 06-05-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
In the resurrection the judgements are of "spirit" and "flesh". They represent the two kingdoms of the soul that are now divided. Those two kingdoms are called "nations" that Christ divides as "sheep" and "goats". Those are the judgements that Mat 25:31-46 speaks of.

As for Joh 5:29, the term "they" is being translated from the Gk. definite articles "οἱ" and "τὰ". The KJV is translating the articles like demonstrative pronouns. However, it does not need to be understood as "they" (as in body soul and spirit, complete), but rather as the definite article that it is: "that" or "that which" is doing the good or the evil. Look at the text:

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Gk: καὶ ἐκπορεύσονται οἱ τὰ ἀγαθὰ ποιήσαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν ζωῆς οἱ δὲ τὰ φαῦλα πράξαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν κρίσεως

As for the 1,000 year period spoken of in Rev 20:5, the time between judgements can be interpreted how ever you choose. I see it as a completed judgement, or period. It need not even be referencing "time" as we think of it, but rather denoting "completeness". Similar to how God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He owns all the cattle, not just those on a thousand hills.

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
I think you are a Guru of some kind. How about the 1000 years being what the scripture said it is, in the verses I gave you.

"And they shall reign with Him 1000 years," sound anything like the Millennial reign of Christ on earth?

Old 06-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I think you are a Guru of some kind. How about the 1000 years being what the scripture said it is, in the verses I gave you.

"And they shall reign with Him 1000 years," sound anything like the Millennial reign of Christ on earth?
If you must know, I wanted the screen name pajamaGuru...lol but somehow ended up with jj. It was late at night and couldn't see the keyboard and somehow ended up with jj instead. Guru is a last name by the way. I'm not saying it's mine, but it could be.

Why on earth would you read and interpret the book of Revelations literally. Now you're just being carnal minded here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity