Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 01:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What do you think "God will be the ALL in ALL" could possibly mean, Charlie???
It means when God's plan of redemption for man, created before the foundation of the world is completed, and all who will come have come, the "All in All" will have come full circle.

As I've said many times, God has slowly revealed His plan of redemption over thousands of years.

One would ask why? Everything that God does is by a set of rules, those rules revealed by the prophets over the centuries gives us the plan itself.

There must be rules to condemn man in the end, it is our responsibility to learn those rules and abide by them or suffer the consequences. It's all plainly written in scripture for us to see, we will have no excuse! It's all been carefully documented for us in the scripture!

Old 07-27-2021, 02:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
There must be rules to condemn man in the end, it is our responsibility to learn those rules and abide by them or suffer the consequences. It's all plainly written in scripture for us to see, we will have no excuse! It's all been carefully documented for us in the scripture!
Rules to condemn man in the end? And we must learn those condemnation rules?
Or suffer the consequence? You have a very skewed view of the god you worship.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:23 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
It means when God's plan of redemption for man, created before the foundation of the world is completed, and all who will come have come, the "All in All" will have come full circle.

As I've said many times, God has slowly revealed His plan of redemption over thousands of years.

One would ask why? Everything that God does is by a set of rules, those rules revealed by the prophets over the centuries gives us the plan itself.

Why would there be any need to condemn humans in the end? God made us. Why on earth would He need to condemn His own creation??? God our Father gave us rules because He wants us to avoid any negative consequences, as any human father would. He knows that if we don't become what we are supposed to become, we will suffer the consequences of our failures (reap what we sow). Where is the need to condemn us???

Old 07-27-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Why would there be any need to condemn humans in the end? God made us. Why on earth would He need to condemn His own creation??? God our Father gave us rules because He wants us to avoid any negative consequences, as any human father would. He knows that if we don't become what we are supposed to become, we will suffer the consequences of our failures (reap what we sow). Where is the need to condemn us???
He condemns us because man has the audacity to reject the One who gave everything for us to save us from the wages of sin.

Clearly warning us our sins will forever separate us from a Holy God, man will insist on rejecting Him in the free will He has given us.

Actually it's not God that condemns man, man does that to himself by rejecting his only way out. God doesn't make you do anything in this life, everything is your choice in His world. He has warned us over and over again, shown us in history those who He has rejected and would never enter into His rest.

God pleads with man, begs him to come to Christ, we see it in scripture. But if man wants separation from God in his sin, he will receive separation from God in his sin. We also see that in scripture.

But nowhere in scripture do we see the UR way of things taking place! None of them can show us because it doesn't exist. You know as well as I that's true, Mystic!

I agree it would be wonderful, but show me the money! I'm sorry to say that money came from illegal means scripturally speaking!

Old 07-27-2021, 03:26 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Rules to condemn man in the end? And we must learn those condemnation rules?
Or suffer the consequence? You have a very skewed view of the god you worship.
Our God who made the all, and pronounced it very good has reached a conclusion. Instead of making man in my image and character, I have a nifty idea, lets torment most of them with unending torment without end.

"One of the delusions of the day, is that an evangelical believing in Christ lies within the power of the unrenewed man, so that by performing what is naively called 'a simple act of faith' he becomes a renewed man. In other words, it is supposed that man is the beginner of his own salvation. He takes the first step, and God does the rest; he 'believes' and then God comes in and saves him. This is nothing but a bald and blank denial of the Spirit's work altogether. If there is one time more than another when the sinner lies in need of the Spirit's power—it is at the beginning. He who denies the need of the Spirit at the beginning, cannot believe in His work at the after stages—nay, cannot believe in the need of the Spirit's work at all. The mightiest and most insuperable difficulty lies at the beginning. If the sinner can get over that without the Spirit, he can easily get over the rest. If he does not need the Spirit to enable him to believe, he will not need Him to enable him to love." -Horatius Bonar

Old 07-27-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Our God who made the all, and pronounced it very good has reached a conclusion. Instead of making man in my image and character, I have a nifty idea, lets torment most of them with unending torment without end.
Only the ones who insist on the torment through neglect from the pleasures of sin!

Old 07-27-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
What do you think "God will be the ALL in ALL" could possibly mean, Charlie???
You poor dear: are you not aware that it should be all in some, not all in all.?

I give up saith the Lord, all in all is not possible.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
You poor dear: are you not aware that it should be all in some, not all in all.?

I give up saith the Lord, all in all is not possible.
LOL, you really should read the context of that scripture, Rosie!

Oh, I forgot, the UR can't do that it exposes them for who they are.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:39 PM

ὅταν δὲ ὑποταγῇ αὐτῷ τὰ πάντα τότε καὶ αὐτὸς ὁ υἱὸς ὑποταγήσεται τῷ ὑποτάξαντι αὐτῷ τὰ πάντα ἵνα ᾖ ὁ θεὸς τὰ πάντα ἐν πᾶσιν

All things = πᾶς =

The radical all

Shall be subdued = hypotassō =

To submit to one's control.

To yield / obey / be subject.

That God = Theos =

The supreme Creator of all.

May be πᾶς ἐν πᾶς

Everything in the heavens, earth & underworld.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 AM

614 posts, read 172,773 times
Quote:
I was in the mindset to understand what He has given us to understand, that will take a lifetime to understand. Not what we dream up in our heads, but what He has given us.

This mess trying to figure out God leads to all ungodliness and strife. Take what He has said and fulfill that in your life instead of trying to reason what he hasn't given us.
Are you telling me that when it comes to God you don't want to think? Maybe your life has been characterized by athletics? Some people are just doers.

In a way, this discovery tells me something. I don't think you are looking for argument to reveal anything. I am wasting my time trying to convince you. What you need is to be shown, somehow.

I was once where you are. Asking God the tough questions actually helped me. It turns out He does have answers for all of those pesky questions, like the problem of evil, if you care to hear.

I say, care to hear because His answers are not what most people think they are. In my experience, people get upset when you show them how much of the definition of God in their lives they've actually invented themselves, to satisfy something like the evolutionary paradigm. We place God in the same category as the forces which work toward survival of the fittest. That's not lined up with love. Instead, we get young men who think that love is about possession.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 07-28-2021 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: the writing process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity