Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 04:02 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There are no fires burning in a fictitious PAGAN HELLHOLE. Again, your ignorance has blinded you to the truth, and there is no changing that fact. You will continue to believe, whatever you believe, debating isn't going to change your mind. The only thing you are attempting to do is force fit your particular beliefs on others that came from the mixing and blending of various beliefs - as the falling away happened centuries (millennium) ago. Only the foolish and blind cannot see it.
No fires burning in hell? The following was the prayer of the Psalmist.

Psa 140:10, Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

So, you are saying that God did not answer a prayer that was recorded in holy scripture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why would there be any need to condemn humans in the end? God made us. Why on earth would He need to condemn His own creation??? God our Father gave us rules because He wants us to avoid any negative consequences, as any human father would. He knows that if we don't become what we are supposed to become, we will suffer the consequences of our failures (reap what we sow). Where is the need to condemn us???
In your view there is no condemnation for Hitler.

I would love, also, to beiieve that Hitler will eventually make it in to the kingdom aftet justice has been served.

Thing is, the fires of hell don't purge away sin; only the blood of Jesus does that.

And if Hitler never avails himself of the blood of Jesus; if he blasphemed the Holy Spirit so that he will never accept what Jesus did for him on the Cross; then his sins will never be purged away; not even by the fire; and while he is suffering in hell he is going to add sin to sin because he will continue to have a sin nature.

Biblical redemption does not happen by purging in the lake of fire but through accepting what Jesus did for us on the Cross. It is not those whose names ARE written in the Lamb's Book of Life who are cast into that place of everlasting torments (Revelation 20:10-15).

Consider that in 1 Corinthians 3, it is not the person who is subjected to the fire but his works; and if any works remain after being subjected to the fire, he will receive a reward. As their composition is of gold, sliver, precious gems, wood, hay, stubble.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:05 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Consider that in 1 Corinthians 3, it is not the person who is subjected to the fire but his works; and if any works remain after being subjected to the fire, he will receive a reward. As their composition is of gold, sliver, precious gems, wood, hay, stubble.
You poor dear boy: Since you are incapable of hearing, Rosey will skip the Lake of Fire radiating with theion and theioo, which you surely cannot comprehend.

εἴ τινος τὸ ἔργον κατακαήσεται ζημιωθήσεται αὐτὸς δὲ σωθήσεται οὕτως δὲ ὡς διὰ πυρός

Work = ἔργον =

Anything (any product) one undertakes to do.

An enterprise/ undertaking accomplished by mind/ hand/ industry.

Shall be burned = katakaiō =

Burned by/ in fire.

He shall suffer loss = zēmioō =

Sustain damage/ injury / loss

δέ δέ δέ δέ = but but but but

"He himself shall be saved"

Saved = σῴζω =

Keep safe and sound/ rescue from danger or destruction/ injury or peril.

"By in/ through fire" =

διά πυρός

Old 07-28-2021, 05:43 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Are you telling me that when it comes to God you don't want to think? Maybe your life has been characterized by athletics? Some people are just doers.

In a way, this discovery tells me something. I don't think you are looking for argument to reveal anything. I am wasting my time trying to convince you. What you need is to be shown, somehow.

I was once where you are. Asking God the tough questions actually helped me. It turns out He does have answers for all of those pesky questions, like the problem of evil, if you care to hear.

I say, care to hear because His answers are not what most people think they are. In my experience, people get upset when you show them how much of the definition of God in their lives they've actually invented themselves, to satisfy something like the evolutionary paradigm. We place God in the same category as the forces which work toward survival of the fittest. That's not lined up with love. Instead, we get young men who think that love is about possession.
You guys keep annoying the pig with pearls, when will you get it? Piggy isn't interested, won't even question God. God says= 'Come, let us reason together', our 2 little piggies do not want that , they just want to go wee wee wee all the way home. These guys need a Damascus moment like Saul, that is the only thing that will save them.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:29 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
In your view there is no condemnation for Hitler.
There is. His flesh (the old and natural man of the soul, 1Co 2:14) was/is already condemned (Joh 3:18) and will not see life (Joh 3:36). And not only, but that flesh of his will be cast out of his soul in final judgement, and by fire (Mat 7:21-23, Mat 25:41, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 22:15, and every other scripture that you would like to include here).

Quote:
I would love, also, to beiieve that Hitler will eventually make it in to the kingdom aftet justice has been served.
And justice has been served. Jesus hung on the cross for Hitler (Rom 5:6-9), died for Hitler (2Co 5:14, 1Pe 3:18) and rose from the grave for Hitler (Rom 4:25), and in so doing, thereby: God forgave Hitler, justified Hitler and reconciled Hitler to Himself (2Co 5:19). What more justice do you need?

The question now becomes: Will Hitler's soul receive Christ's work on his behalf?: And, the answer is: Yes. (Php 2:10-11, paired with Isa 45:23). Make no mistake, neither life nor death can separate Hitler, nor anyone else, from God's love (Rom 8:38-39) for whom Christ died (2Co 5:14). Hitler will enter the Kingdom of God. And he'll do so by the mercy of God in Christ.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You guys keep annoying the pig with pearls, when will you get it? Piggy isn't interested, won't even question God. God says= 'Come, let us reason together', our 2 little piggies do not want that , they just want to go wee wee wee all the way home. These guys need a Damascus moment like Saul, that is the only thing that will save them.
My brother: I have complete confidence in the Fire God of glory. I also know we can do nothing against the truth, but only for it.

The two little piggies can wee wee wee to wherever, but in the end the Will of all wills prevails!

Old 07-28-2021, 08:09 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My brother: I have complete confidence in the Fire God of glory. I also know we can do nothing against the truth, but only for it.

The two little piggies can wee wee wee to wherever, but in the end the Will of all wills prevails!
I'm pretty sure the observing crowd see's it as I do, where is the evidence?

Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

LOL...you know, after the last 200 pages or so, we're simply dealing with two blind men leading each other on a merry-go-round. They themselves not knowing where they've been nor where they go.

No matter how much scripture we show them (and we do so by the love of Christ for them), they cannot and will not believe. I'm as amazed by this as Isaiah was regarding the Gospel (Rom 10:16).

Old 07-28-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
There is. His flesh (the old and natural man of the soul, 1Co 2:14) was/is already condemned (Joh 3:18) and will not see life (Joh 3:36). And not only, but that flesh of his will be cast out of his soul in final judgement, and by fire (Mat 7:21-23, Mat 25:41, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 22:15, and every other scripture that you would like to include here).

And justice has been served. Jesus hung on the cross for Hitler (Rom 5:6-9), died for Hitler (2Co 5:14, 1Pe 3:18) and rose from the grave for Hitler (Rom 4:25), and in so doing, thereby: God forgave Hitler, justified Hitler and reconciled Hitler to Himself (2Co 5:19). What more justice do you need?

The question now becomes: Will Hitler's soul receive Christ's work on his behalf?: And, the answer is: Yes. (Php 2:10-11, paired with Isa 45:23). Make no mistake, neither life nor death can separate Hitler, nor anyone else, from God's love (Rom 8:38-39) for whom Christ died (2Co 5:14). Hitler will enter the Kingdom of God. And he'll do so by the mercy of God in Christ.
My brother: The Lord of Glory has saved rotten sinners with ghastly backgrounds ad nauseum, and He will continue to do so. His grace and awesome love reaches to the deepest hell hole of depravity. There is no free ride, or get out of jail free card for anyone. The God of reconciliation changes each of us from the inside out, the good, the bad and the ugly.

"The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a time of pain and withdrawal that produces something joyfully inconceivable, like a monarch butterfly masterfully extracting itself from the confines of its cocoon, bursting forth into unexpected glory." -Gary Zukav

Old 07-28-2021, 08:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
LOL...you know, after the last 200 pages or so, we're simply dealing with two blind men leading each other on a merry-go-round. They themselves not knowing where they've been nor where they go.

No matter how much scripture we show them (and we do so by the love of Christ for them), they cannot and will not believe. I'm as amazed by this as Isaiah was regarding the Gospel (Rom 10:16).
Try to understand that it's very hard for us understand these wild interpretations of scripture without some plain ol' red meat to back it up.

If all doctrine was established this way we would all be in a lot of trouble with God!

Old 07-28-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I'm pretty sure the observing crowd see's it as I do, where is the evidence?
We've given you scripture after scripture, and you keep returning empty handed by way of the "Larry, Curly and Joe" merry-go-round...lol I don't know if there is really anything more that we can do for you.

We've done our duty Lord, and we are unprofitable servants:

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity