Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 10:19 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Sorry my friend, but you've lost this battle. You're down for the count, whipped like cream, played like a banjo and put in the fridge where the egg's are coolin, butter's gettin hard, and the light don't shine.

Quoting one of my Laker favorites: Chick Hearn...LOL

Old 07-30-2021, 10:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Look at Mystic trying to take a victory lap, lol!

Hold on there Doc, this ain't over yet! By a long shot.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:20 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
They don't say that the person "shall" confess that Jesus Christ is Lord either.

But you may certainly quote where it does say that if I am wrong on this matter.

you are wrong as these other two scripture attest.

Is. 45:23

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Ro.14:11

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Quote:
Of course I can see that you were counting on my not knowing the full context of that scripture.

Isa 33:14, The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isa 33:15, He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
Isa 33:16, He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

Obviously you had to go back and reread those scriptures. So if those scriptures are speaking of eternal torment as you believe please enlighten to us why the righteous stand in the everlasting burning?

Old 07-30-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I know we debate these two knuckleheads for the sake of others but only a Damascus moment will cure them. What arrogance and pride especially in Charlie's posts, opposite of humility. Is this a fruit of the spirit ?
That is in Gods hands and timing brother all we can do is plant the seed even if we plant it in stony ground.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
We've already provided the text (Php 2:10-11). And also the reason why the verbs are being used in the aorist tense, subjunctive mood. The subjunctive mood is being used within a dependent (or rather purpose) clause (the word "that", Gk "ἵνα", signaling purpose, or reason, and being dependent on v.9). And, within that context, the verbs mean "will" bow and "will" confess, not should, but rather "will". I explained this to you in a previous post, and even showed you accurate and literal translations of the text, but I obviously failed.

The reason, I believe, that Paul chose that grammatical usage, is that it perfectly expresses the "willingness" for all to confess Jesus is Lord. It was simply the perfect way for Paul to say it. And it leaves no room for doubt. All will confess to the saving of the soul (Rom 10:10).
yup but it will be ignored again

Old 07-30-2021, 11:27 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Look at Mystic trying to take a victory lap, lol!

Hold on there Doc, this ain't over yet! By a long shot.
Jesus said it was finished 2000 years ago (Joh 19:30). You sound like a tired old wolf making his last taunts at the Good Shepherd's sheep. Trust me, the sheep have been taking victory laps around your ol' wolf pack for a good while now. You just haven't noticed.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
LOL. I love that UR spirit, that's why I'm here, to break it little pieces, little by little!

I just simply love it!
and therein is your problem you do not want to understand you only want to argue and you keep loosing the arguments but don't see that either.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:35 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Jesus said it was finished 2000 years ago (Joh 19:30). You sound like a tired old wolf making his last taunts at the Good Shepherd's sheep. Trust me, the sheep have been taking victory laps around your ol' wolf pack for a good while now. You just haven't noticed.
Yes, the redemptive work of Christ was finished 2000 years ago and He is seated at the right hand of the Father until His enemies are made His footstool.

But the scripture says "whosoever will may come" it's a choice, Guru. Not all will come, you yourself can see that on this forum!

The scripture shows no second chances either, that is a man made declaration.

The scripture shows no quenching of the fire once they are cast in the lake of fire.

The scripture shows no end to the torment of the lake of fire, also a man made declaration.

Those cast in the lake of fire whose names are not found in the Lamb's Book of Life are never heard of again in scripture.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
all he and his cohort are doing is laughing at God saying He started to build a tower and is unable.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:37 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity