Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 12:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, the redemptive work of Christ was finished 2000 years ago and He is seated at the right hand of the Father until His enemies are made His footstool.

But the scripture says "whosoever will may come" it's a choice, Guru. Not all will come, you yourself can see that on this forum!

The scripture shows no second chances either, that is a man made declaration.

The scripture shows no quenching of the fire once they are cast in the lake of fire.

The scripture shows no end to the torment of the lake of fire, also a man made declaration.

Those cast in the lake of fire whose names are not found in the Lamb's Book of Life are never heard of again in scripture.
Death does not limit, nor set one's eternal destiny - life continues beyond the grave.
And, it is not one of eternal punishment and damnation, based on a mistaken belief.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Death does not limit, nor set one's eternal destiny - life continues beyond the grave.
And, it is not one of eternal punishment and damnation, based on a mistaken belief.
Life certainly does continue after the grave. It's what we do with the One called Christ in this life before the grave that determines our eternal destiny.

The scripture does not show any second chances!

Matt. 25:46

"And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Warning Jerwade!!! If you pull anymore of those pranks as you just did a few minutes ago, I'm going begin to embarrass you to the 3rd degree. I'm trying to be nice, but if you want it I will surly give it!

I'm hoping we can get along but that is up to you!

Old 07-30-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Life certainly does continue after the grave. It's what we do with the One called Christ in this life before the grave that determines our eternal destiny.

The scripture does not show any second chances!

Matt. 25:46

"And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Warning Jerwade!!! If you pull anymore of those pranks as you just did a few minutes ago, I'm going begin to embarrass you to the 3rd degree. I'm trying to be nice, but if you want it I will surly give it!

I'm hoping we can get along but that is up to you!
I do not succumb to intimidation, so don't go embarrassing yourself.
Personally, I don't give a damn what you think or what you believe.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
We'll see how it goes, my friend!

Old 07-30-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
We'll see how it goes, my friend!
You might begin by answering a simple question, that you refused to answer.
Because they will only get more difficult for you:

"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

BTW - a magpie is an intelligent bird, however you never seem to grasp much of what is being said.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
you are wrong as these other two scripture attest.

Is. 45:23

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Ro.14:11

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Neither of those verses say that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord; sorry.

Quote:
Obviously you had to go back and reread those scriptures. So if those scriptures are speaking of eternal torment as you believe please enlighten to us why the righteous stand in the everlasting burning?
Those verses do not say that the righteous will stand in everlasting burning. They say that his waters shall be sure. If you think about it, the waters spoken of might be able to quench the fire of everlasting burnings even if they were applied.

But the first part of verses 15-16 are not a direct answer to verse 14. If you read the whole of the answer, you will see that it is saying that the righteous are not included in what is spoken of in verse 14 (Isaiah 33).

Also, I did not "have to go back and re-read those scriptures". I have known their proper interpretation for quite some time now.

I did read it the way that you do at first; but of course that was not a comforting thought. As I continued to think about it, the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) showed me the real interpretation.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-30-2021 at 01:55 PM..

Old 07-30-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:

"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

BTW - a magpie is an intelligent bird, however you never seem to grasp much of what is being said.
That's another thing Jerwade, this is what the 25th time I've seen coming from you "question, that you refused to answer." And every time I read that it is the first time I've seen it!

That kind of thing is annoying, no reason for that. It's like you have a purpose to punish anyone who disagrees.

As far as your question that seems to be a type of a personal problem, that should be taken to the Lord.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:13 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I did read it the way that you do at first; but of course that was not a comforting thought. As I continued to think about it, the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) showed me the real interpretation.
Sadly, since I very much doubt you were in ANY of the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, I would be concerned about what Spirit was actually guiding you because it could NOT have been the Comforter.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:16 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, since I very much doubt you were in ANY of the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, I would be concerned about what Spirit was actually guiding you because it could NOT have been the Comforter.
Basically a lie from the pit, my friend.

And you also have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

Old 07-30-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:
That's another thing Jerwade, this is what the 25th time I've seen coming from you "question, that you refused to answer." And every time I read that it is the first time I've seen it!

That kind of thing is annoying, no reason for that. It's like you have a purpose to punish anyone who disagrees.

As far as your question that seems to be a type of a personal problem, that should be taken to the Lord.
It's not the first time, but as I said before - if you cannot or do not want to answer then don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity