Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2021, 08:14 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I can agree with that. However, many universalists say it is unfair for God to punish forever. How does that jive with the lack of time in the next life?
There is no "time". It's an event without reference to time. And when the event (the flaming fires of judgment, righteousness and mercy) have accomplished their purpose, it's then that the soul shines forth like the sun, reflecting the righteous image of God, that it is.

Mat_13:43 'Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the reign of their Father. He who is having ears to hear—let him hear.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Because we were all born with a serpent, its why a serpent had to hang on a pole, its why Jesus told us to be innocent as doves, and wise as serpents.

A dove in the left eye, and a serpent in the right.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I can agree with that. However, many universalists say it is unfair for God to punish forever. How does that jive with the lack of time in the next life?
Within UR, there is a great deal of diversity of thought and opinion. UR is considered "outside" the bounds of traditional mainstream theology, or it's simply dismissed outright as being heresy.

The reason for this is that the idea of Universal Reconciliation is not fully revealed or developed using plain scriptural language. It's a spiritual and heavenly doctrine that is often not discernible at the surface of the text. And, perhaps the reason Paul was unwilling to delve deeper and reveal more concerning the subject than he did, or that God permitted.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

That's what brings me here to this thread, to hear others, learn from others and get feedback on my own thoughts and ideas concerning the subject.

Last edited by jjGuru; 11-15-2021 at 09:10 AM..

Old 11-15-2021, 09:23 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,182,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
You first need to recognize who AntiChrist is. John tells us who (or rather what) AntiChrist is and does:

1Jn_2:18 Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many—whence we know that it is the last hour;

1Jn_2:22 Who is the liar, except he who is denying that Jesus is the Christ? this one is the antichrist who is denying the Father and the Son;

1Jn_4:3 and every spirit that doth not confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is not; and this is that of the antichrist, which ye heard that it doth come, and now in the world it is already.

2Jn_1:7 because many leading astray did enter into the world, who are not confessing Jesus Christ coming in flesh; this one is he who is leading astray, and the antichrist.

It's the "flesh" and it's carnal nature within that denies Christ and His work. It's that, or those who live according to the flesh, who deny that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself (1Co 5:19), or how the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world, thereby denying both the Father and Son (1Jo 2:22).

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

It's those that openly deny that Christ has come in the flesh to take away the sin of the world.

Joh_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

That is what AntiChrist is: It is that which denies the Christology of Jesus. It is that which denies that Jesus fulfilled His reason for coming into the world to seek and to save that which was lost (Luk 19:10), to justify the ungodly (Rom 4:5), to draw all to Himself (Joh 12:32), to graciously give justification of life to all (Rom 5:18), to reconcile all things back to God (Col 1:20), to do the will of the Father who will have all men to be saved (1Ti 2:4), and give His life a ransom for all (1Ti 2:6), to be the very Saviour of all (1Ti 4:10).

And, it's the "flesh", the "old man", the "natural man" within that does that:

1Co_2:14 and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them , because spiritually they are discerned;

Rom_8:5 For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit;
Rom_8:6 for the mind of the flesh is death, and the mind of the Spirit—life and peace;
Rom_8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,

That is what AntiChrist is.

To get at the heart of your question: Did Christ Really Die for Antichrist? The answer is: No, not in the sense to save or redeem the flesh. The flesh was never lost, it's purpose was always vanity (Rom 8:20). Jesus' death set's us free from the flesh, and saves us from the works of the flesh (Gal 5:19-21) that offends our soul. Jesus was sent in the likeness of sinful flesh to condemn our sin's of the flesh in His flesh (Rom 8:3), so that we can now serve God in liberty as the children of God, according to the spirit (Rom 8:21).

AntiChrist was not, or is not, a single entity or being, such as Nero, or the Pope, Stalin or Hitler, or Pol Pot or any other villain you can name over the last 2,000 years, or any other villain yet to come. But rather it's already here, the "flesh", the "old man", the "carnal" and "natural man" within us, whom Paul said "nothing good" dwells therein (Rom 7:18).
So did Christ die for the antichrist and his followers ?

Old 11-15-2021, 09:30 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,182,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Because we were all born with a serpent, its why a serpent had to hang on a pole, its why Jesus told us to be innocent as doves, and wise as serpents.

A dove in the left eye, and a serpent in the right.
All are not born the serpents seed, some are born of the seed of the women. There are two seeds Gen 3:15, one that belongs to the seed of the women, and one that belongs to the seed of the serpent. Now both are born sinners, however one set of sinners will be given mercy for their sins, and the other set of sinners, belonging to the serpents seed, will be recompensed indignation and wrath from the lord for their sins.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
So did Christ die for the antichrist and his followers ?
I've already answered your question, specifically. See the second to last paragraph in my response. I don't think you're actually reading my responses though, making our dialogue somewhat pointless.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
All are not born the serpents seed, some are born of the seed of the women. There are two seeds Gen 3:15, one that belongs to the seed of the women, and one that belongs to the seed of the serpent. Now both are born sinners, however one set of sinners will be given mercy for their sins, and the other set of sinners, belonging to the serpents seed, will be recompensed indignation and wrath from the lord for their sins.
Again, the seeds represent "spirit" (woman) and "flesh" (serpent).

Old 11-15-2021, 11:33 AM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Crazy, people like you think Jesus is coming to separate the goats in one hand, and the sheep on the other as if he separates two kinds of people when in fact, it is the day of division where you are cut in half taking the goat out of you, just as the tare is in you, and if you dont separate yourself from the tare, the division will happen after you die.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:48 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,031,511 times
The narrative of Scripture is of a terrible disruption.

Man was made to know God and walk within Him in fellowship. The union that began in the beginning, became marred by disobedience, separation and death. The Grande Experiment of God became momentarily side-tracked, leading ultimately to Father's purpose within Himself, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Adam Adam where are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llab0E7X-CI

Old 11-15-2021, 11:51 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Within UR, there is a great deal of diversity of thought and opinion. UR is considered "outside" the bounds of traditional mainstream theology, or it's simply dismissed outright as being heresy.

The reason for this is that the idea of Universal Reconciliation is not fully revealed or developed using plain scriptural language. It's a spiritual and heavenly doctrine that is often not discernible at the surface of the text. And, perhaps the reason Paul was unwilling to delve deeper and reveal more concerning the subject than he did, or that God permitted.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

That's what brings me here to this thread, to hear others, learn from others and get feedback on my own thoughts and ideas concerning the subject.
I agree jj

There are things we can learn and should be taught directly from man and books

And other things that are only revealed at the appointed times and only when in the right spirit/mindset
by the Spirit if we are both “willing” and “prepared” - but this will only be “in part“
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity