Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 05:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No, I would much rather not believe in that.

What would appeal to me more is the idea that there is no hell and everyone basically goes to heaven.

Of course, that is not sound doctrine but is the teaching of those to whom those with itching ears run to in order to tell them what they want to hear.
The fact that you believe you are going somewhere rather than knowing that that somewhere is in you, tells me everything I need to know about you. You have a set of beliefs, beliefs that you think will save you from hell and send you to heaven.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:32 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Those with itching ears go to teachers who deny basic truths of holy scripture such as the doctrine of eternal judgment; which is a basic doctrine of holy scripture according to Hebrews 6:1-3.
Those same scriptures you rely on failed God and He had to institute the New Covenant with Christ. In what universe does it make sense for you to use the failed scripture interpretations to interpret and overrule Jesus Christ (God Himself) about who God is, what His Holy Spirit is, and what He wants from us???

Old 03-05-2022, 05:40 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Those same scriptures you rely on failed God and He had to institute the New Covenant with Christ. In what universe does it make sense for you to use the failed scripture interpretations to interpret and overrule Jesus Christ (God Himself) about who God is, what His Holy Spirit is, and what He wants from us???
No, I am talking about scriptures that relate to us the words of Jesus (such as Matthew 25:41,46; Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50).

And the other scriptures did not fail God, they were inspired by Him (2 Timothy 3:16).

Because God is love (1 John 4:8,16) and love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8).

Old 03-05-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The fact that you believe you are going somewhere rather than knowing that that somewhere is in you, tells me everything I need to know about you. You have a set of beliefs, beliefs that you think will save you from hell and send you to heaven.
I have never said that I do not believe that the kingdom of heaven is within me.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I have never said that I do not believe that the kingdom of heaven is within me.
You are argue against it and anything remotely close to it as if it cannot be relied on like the Bible can be.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
You are argue against it and anything remotely close to it as if it cannot be relied on like the Bible can be.
I would only say that if anyone thinks that the kingdom of heaven is within them, but the kingdom within them contradicts the testimony of holy scripture, that the kingdom within them is the kingdom of hell rather than the kingdom of heaven.

If the kingdom that is within you is in conjunction with the testimony of holy scripture, then it can be relied upon because it is indeed the kingdom of heaven.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I would only say that if anyone thinks that the kingdom of heaven is within them, but the kingdom within them contradicts the testimony of holy scripture, that the kingdom within them is the kingdom of hell rather than the kingdom of heaven.

If the kingdom that is within you is in conjunction with the testimony of holy scripture, then it can be relied upon because it is indeed the kingdom of heaven.
That is not even scriptural..... That is a belief. What if the holy scriptures contradicts the kingdom? You can not manipulate the kingdom but you can most certainly manipulate the scriptures. proof being, many different denominations can look it a verse of scripture all disagree on its meaning. Those who know the kingdom, live by the peace that comes with it. A Peace the world cannot give.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
That is not even scriptural..... That is a belief. What if the holy scriptures contradicts the kingdom? You can not manipulate the kingdom but you can most certainly manipulate the scriptures. proof being, many different denominations can look it a verse of scripture all disagree on its meaning. Those who know the kingdom, live by the peace that comes with it. A Peace the world cannot give.
The holy scriptures will never contradict the kingdom because God has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).

Old 03-05-2022, 06:53 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
No, I am talking about scriptures that relate to us the words of Jesus (such as Matthew 25:41,46; Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50).
And the other scriptures did not fail God, they were inspired by Him (2 Timothy 3:16).
Because God is love (1 John 4:8,16) and love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8).
If the OT and Old Covenant did NOT FAIL God, why did He come Himself in person as Jesus to institute a New Covenant with His Divine Revelation of His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross???? Our ignorant primitive ancestors believed God needed blood sacrifices, but Jesus showed He actually wants compassion and forgiveness from us and used His human body to evoke it, NOT blood sacrifices.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
The holy scriptures will never contradict the kingdom because God has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).
Where's the scripture that say he magnified it over his kingdom ? You know, the kingdom the ones who know it live by it, the kingdom peace of God in their hearts, the kingdom of Christ in them and the one the scriptures testify of. And here you are rebelling against this because you know none of it, you keep slapping it down and elevating the Bible. By what authority are you doing this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity