Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 06:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If the OT and Old Covenant did NOT FAIL God, why did He come Himself in person as Jesus to institute a New Covenant with His Divine Revelation of His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross???? Ourignorantprimitive ancestors believed God needed blood sacrifices, but Jesus showed He actually wants compassion and forgiveness from us and used His human body to evoke it, NOT blood sacrifices.
God enacted the Old Covenant to set the stage for the coming of the New.

The animal sacrifices point to what Jesus would do for us on the Cross.

His sacrifice on the Cross was actually a blood sacrifice, you know.

Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where's the scripture that say he magnified it over his kingdom ? You know, the kingdom the ones who know it live by it, the kingdom peace of God in their hearts, the kingdom of Christ in them and the one the scriptures testify of. And here you are rebelling against this because you know none of it, you keep slapping it down and elevating the Bible. By what authority are you doing this ?
I would say that God's name is magnified above His kingdom.

By the authority of Christ whom I encountered in waves of liquid love.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:09 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God enacted the Old Covenant to set the stage for the coming of the New.
The animal sacrifices point to what Jesus would do for us on the Cross.
His sacrifice on the Cross was actually a blood sacrifice, you know.
Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Hogwash. Our ignorant primitive ancestors can be forgiven for thinking such barbaric rubbish, but you cannot. If you actually felt the agape love and forgiveness of Christ as you claim, there is no way you could accept such barbaric thinking.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where's the scripture that say he magnified it over his kingdom ? You know, the kingdom the ones who know it live by it, the kingdom peace of God in their hearts, the kingdom of Christ in them and the one the scriptures testify of. And here you are rebelling against this because you know none of it, you keep slapping it down and elevating the Bible. By what authority are you doing this ?
He misidentifies God's Holy Spirit with the Bible instead of Jesus Christ! It is such a shame.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Hogwash. Our ignorant primitive ancestors can be forgiven for thinking such barbaric rubbish, but you cannot. If you actually felt the agape love and forgiveness of Christ as you claim, there is no way you could accept such barbaric thinking.
I don't need to be forgiven for believing what I believe. For I am believing correctly; therefore there is no sin involved.

You are not realizing that if God forgives some, He does not forgive others.

Especially since His forgiveness is provided for in the Cross and it is appropriated through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.

Therefore those who do not have faith in these things have not appropriated the forgiveness of the Cross.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I don't need to be forgiven for believing what I believe. For I am believing correctly; therefore there is no sin involved.

You are not realizing that if God forgives some, He does not forgive others.

Especially since His forgiveness is provided for in the Cross and it is appropriated through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.

Therefore those who do not have faith in these things have not appropriated the forgiveness of the Cross.
None of that is true. It is just your misinterpretations and misunderstanding based on your strong indoctrination and conditioning in the primitive OT beliefs about our ancestors' War God. Your mind is blinded and the veil is over your heart preventing the guidance from the Holy Spirit. 2nd Corinthins 3:14-17

Old 03-06-2022, 07:11 AM

614 posts, read 172,698 times
I keep warning you, the gospels are not a good thing to put your faith in. They are most likely made up to such a point that the truth they contain cannot be gleaned without decades of detective work on the part of scholars. You can tell that something of who Jesus was is in them, but you can't tell what.

Nobody wrote anything down. They didn't write anything for 40 or 50 years. Paul got his gospel from a vision. There were stories, I'm sure, but when it came time to write the gospels, the authors had to fill things in. Unless you believe that they all had revelation knowledge, it is ridiculous to rely upon the gospels. Wow, what a blow!

Yeah, but I still believe. I know something most people don't. The whole story, Old and New Testaments, is about saving all of man. The early Christians weren't wrong to use the Old Testament. In fact, if you view it in light of how Jesus would have taught them, it made the best teacher.

And, then, you have the book of Acts. That is the most important book in the bible. I think there are several versions of it, but the one that is in the bible is the only one I am concerned with. It incontrovertibly conveys the Holy Spirit's story.

Genesis and Acts are bookends. In Genesis the Spirit left them. In Acts, because of Jesus' work, He came back. He came back to the world because He could stand us. Or was that it? It certainly looks like that is the message. That living in a man who was fashioned for the purpose allowed God to approach us in a way He couldn't before, when we had accepted the knowledge of good and evil, which the Father had warned them not to.

For the same Spirit who was poured out on man at Pentecost was the one who left them when they partook of the fruit of the tree. This is crucial, and why the Old Testament works so well. That Spirit was the one who lived on Mt Sinai. That Spirit was the one who went with the Israelites on the Ark. That Spirit was the one who dwelt in the Temple. That Spirit was the one who lived in John, and then fell upon Jesus at His baptism. I think you can understand the baptism happened because there are corollaries in the Old Testament that support it happening. It may not have happened like it is written about in the gospels, but it probably happened.

At some point in there, the Spirit fell upon the household of Cornelius. We haven't made a tradition out of that, nobody traces it back to Peter, but that means so much more than people credit it with. It did not come by accident. It came at the end of a coordinated effort by God to signal His true intentions toward man, that He loves, and saves, all mankind.

Similarly, Revelation is the same story that was written about many times in the Old Testament. Revelation is more real than the gospels, go figure. It's this heavily discounted book, but it has more veracity.

I'm telling you this so that you won't make shipwreck of your faith, when you discover this on your own. Overcoming living by the knowledge of good and evil was Jesus' message. It haunts the passages, but was not written down. It lies at the heart of saying, 'Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." For the Lord's prayer is actually one of those things you can imagine being passed with any sort of accuracy through all of those decades before anything was written down, but you can't even trust that.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:31 PM

Quote:
None of that is true. It is just your misinterpretations and misunderstanding based on your strong indoctrination and conditioning in the primitive OT beliefs about our ancestors' War God. Your mind is blinded and the veil is over your heart preventing the guidance from the Holy Spirit. 2nd Corinthins 3:14-17
The reality of the matter is that you are rejecting the only truth that can save you by saying that none of that is true.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
None of that is true. It is just your misinterpretations and misunderstanding based on your strong indoctrination and conditioning in the primitive OT beliefs about our ancestors' War God. Your mind is blinded and the veil is over your heart preventing the guidance from the Holy Spirit. 2nd Corinthians 3:14-17
Quote:
The reality of the matter is that you are rejecting the only truth that can save you by saying that none of that is true.
I do not reject the only truth that can save me because that truth is Jesus Christ and I definitely do not reject Him. You, on the other hand, do seem at risk of rejecting Him in favor of the Bible that only testifies about Him, brother.

Old 03-07-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I do not reject the only truth that can save me because that truth is Jesus Christ and I definitely do not reject Him. You, on the other hand, do seem at risk of rejecting Him in favor of the Bible that only testifies about Him, brother.
Yes, the Bible testifies about Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7)...

And rejecting Jesus as He is defined for you in the Bible is to reject Jesus altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity