Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 03:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^Love it.
Me, too...could not rep her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I. What little that can be discerned in it describes an awful God
and an awful consequence.
It is NOT the God Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously.
Thank you. You really said a mouthful.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:01 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Rev. 7:14,9 is Not about any so-called tribulation but a coming ' great tribulation ' before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, establishes global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Peace on earth depends on reaching and changing persons of ILL will. Persons of Goodwill are NOT the problem.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
Quote:
I am NOT living in any fear but those who believe they understand Revelation ARE whether or not they recognize it. What little that can be discerned in it describes an awful God and an awful consequence. It is NOT the God Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously.
" And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.â€-Revelation 21:3,4

Seems legit.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:44 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
I don't understand every detail of the book.

But even non religious sources report on the overall theme

"The imagery shows that good triumphs over evil, that faithfulness will be rewarded and justice will be done."-https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/texts/revelation.shtml

Good triumphs over evil
faithfulness has its rewards
Justice will be done

Why are some uncomfortable with those themes?

Old 07-20-2019, 10:45 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I don't understand every detail of the book.

But even non religious sources report on the overall theme

"The imagery shows that good triumphs over evil, that faithfulness will be rewarded and justice will be done."-https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/texts/revelation.shtml

Good triumphs over evil
faithfulness has its rewards
Justice will be done

Why are some uncomfortable with those themes?
Guilt

Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Ten days till your death, will you go all the way to death? YOU CHOOSE.

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Look, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison to test you, and you will suffer tribulation for ten days. Be faithful even unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Whoever reads the book risks being put in prison for ten days, AND THIS IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO THEM

Will this literally happen to the reader of the book?

Why ten days?

Those ten days begin on Rosh Hashanah, and they end on Yom Kippur, everyone who practices the same religion as Christ, they know exactly what those ten days are, and why judgment has come.

What happens on Rosh Hashanah? What is Rosh Hashanah appointed to do? Why do you die on the tenth day? What prison can the devil put you in?

It's just mind blowing to me that the concept of the feasts taking place IN THE TEMPLE (and we are now His temple), which is what Revelation is about, should be such a stumbling block to so many. If the natural physical temple was used for such, why on earth would He NOT do the same with us as His temple??? Blessings....

Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Peace on earth depends on reaching and changing persons of ILL will. Persons of Goodwill are NOT the problem.
Indeed, people of GOODWILL are not the problem.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:17 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's just mind blowing to me that the concept of the feasts taking place IN THE TEMPLE (and we are now His temple), which is what Revelation is about, should be such a stumbling block to so many. If the natural physical temple was used for such, why on earth would He NOT do the same with us as His temple??? Blessings....
It should be a given that we are the temple and that the comings and goings of the temple are for us to walk through 7 visitations, and because we know that we are the temple, those 7 appointed visitation days should interest us more than anything on earth, especially because it is all about us.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:26 AM

This is getting good. Glad I started this now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity