Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 04:03 PM
nng

695 posts, read 294,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
John 5:25

"Very truly, I tell you, the hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

John 5:29

those who have done good, shall rise to live,
and those who have done evil shall rise to be damned."

Notice that those who do good live.

So Jesus actually tells us that to hear His words ,his voice ,one must do good.

Let us not forget that He also said that whoever is of the truth hears His voice.

So again as I have said, it is all about spreading the word and keeping it alive.

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

So those who do good, who spread the truth and spread Gods word, hear God's word and rise to live.

Can you see it?
I truly believe god wants us to do good and be good. I have watched Priscilla shirers video on YouTube about hearing gods voice.. Apparently, God's/jesus' sheep will know and hear his voice or something like that. Fascinating stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 05:45 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,416,831 times
Quote:
"I do not know you!?"
"I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life. "
Do you possess the light of life?
Do you know how the Father knows the son because that is how the son knows His sheep?
I can show you if you come to me.
The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it!
way past hearing over here, my friend- my home is the doing home:"Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them....These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

You're welcome to come over any time and join us!

Old 08-24-2019, 06:25 PM

3,220 posts, read 935,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
way past hearing over here, my friend- my home is the doing home:"Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them....These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

You're welcome to come over any time and join us!
I can tell you do not hear because doing is hearing.

So guess your not really doing either.

"If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you, my Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple."

What is the fruit?

What does the vine and the branches story say that cleans the branch?

Old 08-24-2019, 07:48 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,416,831 times
Peace, brother.
I hear ya.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:30 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,496,052 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuPrlZxj6I

Old 08-25-2019, 11:06 AM

1,196 posts, read 760,417 times
Quote:
Notice that those who do good live. So Jesus actually tells us that to hear His words ,his voice ,one must do good. Let us not forget that He also said that whoever is of the truth hears His voice. So again as I have said, it is all about spreading the word and keeping it alive. "Whoever is of the truth hears my voice." So those who do good, who spread the truth and spread Gods word, hear God's word and rise to live. Can you see it?
yes those who hear Jesus voice are spreading the truth. but he doesn't just mean speak or hear his words, (James 1:22 But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves). MANY speak what Jesus say, but do we actually try to follow in the steps he set for us? or follow our own selfish, immoral ways? ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). MANY still follow the ways of satan's wicked system ,which is wrong ,(James 4:4)

see also (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

it's also about being obedience in how we live. Jesus did exactly what his Father asked of him ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the WILL OF THE FATHER which had sent me). Jesus said calling on him ISN'T (alone) going to SAVE us ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

living "Good", isn't the same as trying to Live Righteously. MANY today are "Good" people, many help the needy, give to the poor, and feed the hungry. but they also live in such manner ,(1Cor. 6:9,10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God). see also (Gal. 5:19-21).

we have to chance from what we were. we had enough time to live as we pleased ,(1Pet. 4:3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries). we're now living in the "LAST DAYS", of satan's wicked system. we need to do away with living the ways of this world, (Titus 2:11,12 For the grace of God that bring salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world). peace

Old 08-25-2019, 04:43 PM

3,220 posts, read 935,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
yes those who hear Jesus voice are spreading the truth. but he doesn't just mean speak or hear his words, (James 1:22 But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves). MANY speak what Jesus say, but do we actually try to follow in the steps he set for us? or follow our own selfish, immoral ways? ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). MANY still follow the ways of satan's wicked system ,which is wrong ,(James 4:4)

see also (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

it's also about being obedience in how we live. Jesus did exactly what his Father asked of him ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the WILL OF THE FATHER which had sent me). Jesus said calling on him ISN'T (alone) going to SAVE us ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

living "Good", isn't the same as trying to Live Righteously. MANY today are "Good" people, many help the needy, give to the poor, and feed the hungry. but they also live in such manner ,(1Cor. 6:9,10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God). see also (Gal. 5:19-21).

we have to chance from what we were. we had enough time to live as we pleased ,(1Pet. 4:3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries). we're now living in the "LAST DAYS", of satan's wicked system. we need to do away with living the ways of this world, (Titus 2:11,12 For the grace of God that bring salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world). peace
Doing good leads to life. No two ways about. Jesus said those who hear His words live and those who do good live so your post conflicts with His word.

Who misunderstands here ?

Apparently you do not hear nor do you live because they go hand in hand.

Those who belong to the world think like the world and speak in a worldly way but the one who comes from above, from heaven, testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God for the One who is sent by God He speaks the words of God.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Doing good leads to life. No two ways about. Jesus said those who hear His words live and those who do good live so your post conflicts with His word.

Who misunderstands here ?

Apparently you do not hear nor do you live because they go hand in hand.

Those who belong to the world think like the world and speak in a worldly way but the one who comes from above, from heaven, testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God for the One who is sent by God He speaks the words of God.
Doing good is not sitting on daddy's lap mouthing his words like a puppet.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:05 PM

23,340 posts, read 10,639,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Doing good is not sitting on daddy's lap mouthing his words like a puppet.
He has no father, no beginning and no end, I pray that he doesn't call a curse on you, YOU SINNER YOU.

I mean really, do you really think you are righteous enough to speak back to our Lord in such a way?

You need to tighten up, step your game up, WAY BEHIND!!!.

Jus saying, you don't know the Lord after all this time?

What is his name? If you knew his name, then you could cut your hair and toss it to the fire as a Nazarite, but no, I see doubt in you, freaking Judas.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He has no father, no beginning and no end, I pray that he doesn't call a curse on you, YOU SINNER YOU.

I mean really, do you really think you are righteous enough to speak back to our Lord in such a way?

You need to tighten up, step your game up, WAY BEHIND!!!.

Just saying, you don't know the Lord after all this time?

What is his name? If you knew his name, then you could cut your hair and toss it to the fire as a Nazarite, but no, I see doubt in you, freaking Judas.
With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted G0D? Shall I come before him with – burnt offerings – with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams – with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgressions – the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does GOD require of you – only to do that which is just; and to love mercy, walking humbly with him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity