Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 03:21 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times

Advertisements

From a spiritual understanding is there are white serpents which can have spiritual authority of false religion clean of the outside and wicked on the inside of people , as these serpents are fallen angels , then there is red serpents who have spiritual authority of proud , and yellow serpents who have spiritual authority of timid , and green serpents who have spiritual authority sexual perversion , all of these are fallen angels which need to be loosed in Jesus blood authority and bound up then in Jesus name sake to be free indeed ..... See the ways of Jesus Christ are spiritual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 03:34 PM

23,221 posts, read 10,508,445 times
There is a serpent in your right eye that sees flesh, and the right hand reaches for what the right eye sees. The left eye is supposed to give power to not sin, the left eye sees what the right arm reaches for and the fight is supposed to begin.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said it.
Textual critics have identified two distinct alternative endings: the "Longer Ending" (vv. 9-20) and the unversed "Shorter Ending" or "lost ending",[¹] which appear together in six Greek manuscripts, and in dozens of Ethiopic copies. Modern versions of the New Testament generally include the Longer Ending, but place it in brackets or otherwise format it to show that it is not considered part of the original text.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_16
Since there are alternate endings to Mark, they can't both be authentic and are obviously later additions.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.....never heard this before. Blessings....

Old 10-23-2019, 11:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Yes, sadly, they still exist. And the practice is stupid. It's based on Mark 16:17-18 which isn't even original to the Gospel of Mark. People die doing this. Mark 16:9-20 isn't authentic. It's a later addition (there are different versions of the ending) added by scribes who didn't think that Mark 16 should have ended as it did and wanted to give the Gospel a better ending.
There are a few of these churches in my state (KY), actually you would be surprised how many people are NOT harmed or injured, over years and years.

I have heard about some people being bitten doing this and even dying from it...but you also have to consider, for every 1 of those, there are 10 others, who are not bitten or harmed in anyway, so....? Luck is not an explanation either, if it were 1 or 2 times, yes, they would be lucky if they werent harmed, but some of these people handle snakes multiple times per week and are not harmed...thats something more than luck!

Plus, another thing these churches do, is drink poison...when is the last time you heard of anyone dying from this? I cannot ever recall hearing of any.

Im not endorsing these churches, but its very clear, something is going on here that is protecting them for the most part.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are a few of these churches in my state (KY), actually you would be surprised how many people are NOT harmed or injured, over years and years.

I have heard about some people being bitten doing this and even dying from it...but you also have to consider, for every 1 of those, there are 10 others, who are not bitten or harmed in anyway, so....? Luck is not an explanation either, if it were 1 or 2 times, yes, they would be lucky if they werent harmed, but some of these people handle snakes multiple times per week and are not harmed...thats something more than luck!

Plus, another thing these churches do, is drink poison...when is the last time you heard of anyone dying from this? I cannot ever recall hearing of any.

Im not endorsing these churches, but its very clear, something is going on here that is protecting them for the most part.
I have a friend that has been bitten by rattle-snakes, so many times that he has built up an immunity.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:13 AM

17,846 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have a friend that has been bitten by rattle-snakes, so many times that he has built up an immunity.
After doing some reading on the web some snake experts have said that snakes are actually able to normalize that environment to where they are used to it and it is not as threatening to them. Others say that many of the snakes in snake handler churches are poorly maintained and are too exhausted to be aggressive and have less potent venom.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 AM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
After doing some reading on the web some snake experts have said that snakes are actually able to normalize that environment to where they are used to it and it is not as threatening to them. Others say that many of the snakes in snake handler churches are poorly maintained and are too exhausted to be aggressive and have less potent venom.
Very interesting about that snakes actually able to normalize the environment.
We had a snake around the property and before we could figure out if was poisonous or not it was accidently killed by a Lawn Service mower. They and us felt badly, but at least the snake died quickly.
Even thought pictures were taken, since the head part was totally destroyed they could Not figure out what type it was.

As far as snake-handler churches we need to keep in mind that Mark's account ends at Mark 16:8.
After verse 8 the style of writing changes.
There are No corresponding cross-reference verses as there is with the rest of Mark after verse 8.
Jerome and Eusebius both believed Mark ended at 16:8
So, those spurious verses were Not part of the original.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:32 AM

33,332 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the info.....never heard this before. Blessings....
You're welcome.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:41 AM

33,332 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Poisonous snakes don't always inject poison when they bite. And I would question your ratio of 10 to 1 not being harmed (if they are bitten). As for drinking poison, what kind of poison is it? How much of it do they drink?

The whole thing is stupid and is based on a passage which isn't even authentic to the Gospel of Mark.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:14 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,075 times
Quote:
Poisonous snakes don't always inject poison when they bite. And I would question your ratio of 10 to 1 not being harmed (if they are bitten). As for drinking poison, what kind of poison is it? How much of it do they drink?

The whole thing is stupid and is based on a passage which isn't even authentic to the Gospel of Mark.
Another inspired screw up known as the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity