Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 07:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

You are part of his kingdom, if you are walking according to the principles and attitudes of love, mercy and grace. It's not something material, nor will you reap a material reward; a room in a mansion. It's about representation and touching the lives of others, treating them the way you would want to be treated, doing the right thing for the right reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 07:24 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You are part of his kingdom, if you are walking according to the principles and attitudes of love, mercy and grace. It's not something material, nor will you reap a material reward; a room in a mansion. It's about representation and touching the lives of others, treating them the way you would want to be treated, doing the right thing for the right reason.
that’s how I see it jerwade

Old 12-14-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
We are told to not be anxious - our Father knows what we need, so why worry? (be anxious?)

Seek peace, joy, beauty, harmony, health and happiness all attributes of the K of God.
The world, the worldly thought system (of nations) and ego seek and worry about these things.
We don't have to even be anxious about them..Jesus said.

I figured Jesus said to do this - I'm going to do it. It's like following an instruction manual.

I first 'tested this out', then continued after the first 2 weeks and never stopped
practicing that completely (since Jan 2006) all the time so I am on auto-pilot now, shooting down any thought
of fear or anxiety/worry like a sentry 24/7, (and oh, did worries come into my head esp the 1st month!)
What good do they do anyway?

And it's true:
If you seek God's world/kingdom/dwelling place/ home, heaven..peace and contentment first (within),
as your #1 priority, even, in the face of incredible difficulties,
everything comes.
You cast your cares and give away your burdens. (anxiety, fear, worry)

I've been talking about this for over a decade now...'trust and rely on God'...that's a major theme
of the Bible. It's one of the formulas of a happy life here.
For me, so far so good.

Does it sound illogical to drop anxiety about $$, food and shelter - of course ---this
is where faith in Jesus' words comes in.
Try it for 2 weeks.
My view is that yep, we are not to be anxious..... when reading the scriptures everyone has a different view because the scriptures are multi-layered, if you are not led to investigate, explore no worries...but if people are led to investigate, explore what they mean.... that’s ok too

Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The kingdom of God is repentance and the new birth, and letting God rule in your heart in this world in preparation for the next.
Quote:
What do you mean by preparation?
What does that look like to you Jimmie?

Old 12-14-2019, 08:04 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
We are told to not be anxious - our Father knows what we need, so why worry? (be anxious?)
Seek peace, joy, beauty, harmony, health and happiness all attributes of the K of God.
The world, the worldly thought system (of nations) and ego seek and worry about these things.
We don't have to even be anxious about them..Jesus said.
I figured Jesus said to do this - I'm going to do it. It's like following an instruction manual.
I first 'tested this out', then continued after the first 2 weeks and never stopped
practicing that completely (since Jan 2006) all the time so I am on auto-pilot now, shooting down any thought
of fear or anxiety/worry like a sentry 24/7, (and oh, did worries come into my head esp the 1st month!)
What good do they do anyway?
And it's true:
If you seek God's world/kingdom/dwelling place/ home, heaven..peace and contentment first (within),
as your #1 priority, even, in the face of incredible difficulties,
everything comes.
You cast your cares and give away your burdens. (anxiety, fear, worry)
I've been talking about this for over a decade now...'trust and rely on God'...that's a major theme
of the Bible. It's one of the formulas of a happy life here.
For me, so far so good.
Does it sound illogical to drop anxiety about $$, food and shelter - of course ---this
is where faith in Jesus' words comes in.
Try it for 2 weeks.
Beautifully spoken, Miss H.
couldn't rep you again!

I'm guessing that I've been pretty hard-headed most of my life, as it has taken decades and a handful of major calamities in my life for me to finally and truly put God first in my life.
I don't even dare to compare myself to JOB, but I kinda now know how he felt.

Oh, and to answer the OP - He and His kingdom is in our midst and will come TO US if we love Him and keep His commands!!

Last edited by CCCyou; 12-14-2019 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 09:13 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

Old 12-14-2019, 09:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What does that look like to you Jimmie?
Looks like gotquestions to me .

Old 12-14-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Looks like gotquestions to me .
We’ll see

Old 12-14-2019, 10:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
We’ll see
Well I guess un jimmy's world it is neither joy and peace in the Holy Ghost or God visiting is people

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,

to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

To him it comes with observation.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:32 AM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
The kingdom of heaven is at hand!

Actually Jesus describes it when He says “and His righteousness “, because those who are clothed in His righteousness are the kingdom of God and son of man.

I am the kingdom of God.

Seek the Lord and live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity