Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 06:07 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
What does the Bible promise for the future?

“The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it. Psalm 37:29

“The earth remains forever.” Ecclesiastes 1:4

“He will swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces.” Isaiah 25:8

“At that time the eyes of the blind will be opened, and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. At that time the lame will leap like the deer, and the tongue of the speechless will shout for joy. For waters will burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert plain.” Isaiah 35:5, 6

“He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

“They will build houses and live in them, and they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build for someone else to inhabit, nor will they plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.” Isaiah 65:21, 22
The Bible promises DEATH - for the future.

It's inescapable. The grave is in everyone's future.

But our journey to that lonesome valley is strewn with lies and misconceptions and not a little self-delusion.

The Bible tells us that God will be with those who turn to Him and beg His forgiveness and presence in their lives.
The Bible tells us that most people will reject God and deal with the grave as best they can without Him.

Human society constantly invents ways for all of us to ignore what is coming to each of us. Put it off. Its all about the mall girls and shopping and sporting events that divert our attention elsewhere.

Even when it's hours and minutes away I've seen people put DEATH out of their mind - until they close their eyes for the last time. If they ignore it, will it go away?

DEATH is inevitable.

At the beginning of the Lenten season, devout Catholics, Episcopalians and Lutherans have ashes placed upon their heads. Their priest reminds them, "Dust thou art and unto dust shall thou return."

The Bible says there are two possible destinies following physical DEATH.

One is immortal life given by a gracious God to those who embraced Him in earthly life.
The second is total destruction - absolute deletion without so much as an ash remaining.

Jesus spoke to His disciples saying, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he were dead yet shall he live."

So which is it? Death as an empty future or life as a hope?

Shall we bow to priests and ministers and wallow in the expectation of inevitable DEATH or shall we follow the Master of the Universe and hope for immortality?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 03-05-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 10:23 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
I see 'No promise of Death for the future' because as 1st Corinthians 15:26 says that under Christ ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth.
There will be No death because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Rev. 22:2.
No one will say, " I am sick...." according to Isaiah 33:24. People will be healthy as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.

So, as for the 'figurative humble sheep ' at the coming 'time of separation' as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37 those humble people can remain alive on Earth and come through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Rev. 7:14,9 to be part of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The anti-Christ roams to, and fro seeking whom it can devour.
In Scripture there is No one anti-Christ person, but anyone who is against Christ is anti-Christ.
False clergy who seat themselves in the ' temple ' ( meaning houses of worship ) and think they are God when in reality they are anti-God.

The Bible promises: good health for the future - Jeremiah 33:6; Isaiah 33:24; Isaiah 25:8 and Isaiah 35th chapter.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 AM

3,061 posts, read 918,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I see 'No promise of Death for the future' because as 1st Corinthians 15:26 says that under Christ ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth.
There will be No death because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Rev. 22:2.
No one will say, " I am sick...." according to Isaiah 33:24. People will be healthy as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter.

So, as for the 'figurative humble sheep ' at the coming 'time of separation' as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37 those humble people can remain alive on Earth and come through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Rev. 7:14,9 to be part of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . Verse 18; "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years. The seventh day from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that DAY.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors." Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."
To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord of whom Enoch was the cornerstone.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

The reason that you see 'No promise of Death for the future' is because of your total ignorance to that which is recorded in the Holy Scriptures.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:37 PM

After the thousand years have ended there is one final releasing of Satan.
Then, just as 1st Corinthians 15:26 says that ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8
No more sin equals = No more death . No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24

Old 03-24-2020, 10:45 PM

3,061 posts, read 918,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
After the thousand years have ended there is one final releasing of Satan.
Then, just as 1st Corinthians 15:26 says that ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8
No more sin equals = No more death . No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
The concept that the death of the body is the end of 'YOUR LIFE' will be defeated, "Now death, where is your victory, now where is your sting."

Isaiah 65:20; "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed."

The death of the body will remain. All that we perceive as matter must one day return to the energy from which it was created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity