Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2021, 07:01 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
That’s because you haven’t been refined.
“I will change and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the LORD to serve Him with one accord.”
BS! Tell me what is this mysterious source of truth you use to tell what is God's word and what isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 07:04 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,329,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
BS! Tell me what is this mysterious source of truth you use to tell what is God's word and what isn't.
Another example of love in demonstration.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Another example of love in demonstration.
I do not claim to be Jesus or remotely like Him, Charlie, but I do try. Some of you here make that extremely difficult.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:10 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,726,315 times
Quote:
It is not about the whole chapter. It is a specific reference to the process of refinement. It has nothing to do with your preposterous parroting nonsense.
I disagree that the refining is only in the passage that has the actual word refinement in it - we need to look at the whole because refining is a process

There is separation and the purpose of the separation, which we need to understand in its greater context

Old 08-14-2021, 07:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I disagree that the refining is only in the passage that has the actual word refinement in it - we need to look at the whole because refining is a process

There is separation and the purpose of the separation, which we need to understand in its greater context
Indeed, refining (purifying) is a process to reach its goal through removing the dross or undesired elements.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:25 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,329,310 times
Quote:
I do not claim to be Jesus or remotely like Him, Charlie, but I do try. Some of you here make that extremely difficult.
All joking aside, it does get very frustrating when two can't come together on doctrine.

Believe me when I say I've felt your frustration! Sometimes it's just best to take a break, check in with the Boss, and confirm you are doing His will. Load up and get back to work till He says you've finished your course.

I want to hear a voice saying, well done my good and faithful servant! Pleasing Him is all I want anymore.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, refining (purifying) is a process to reach its goal through removing the dross or undesired elements.
Yep

The process is explained using natural phenomena, as an example

Then what is the be refined is elaborated on in the verses that come after

Mal 3:4**Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

Mal 3:5**And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Offering
H4503***(Strong)
מִנְחָה
minchâh
min-khaw'
From an unused root meaning to apportion, that is, bestow; a donation; euphemistically tribute; specifically a sacrificial offering (usually bloodless and voluntary): - gift, oblation, (meat) offering, present, sacrifice.

And this is not relating to any individual being “refined” or tormented after death

Old 08-14-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I was simply giving ONE example of the existence of the process of refining. As long as it exists and is an option, God the Father would use it over anything permanent or eternal, IMO.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I was simply giving ONE example of the existence of the process of refining. As long as it exists and is an option, God the Father would use it over anything permanent or eternal, IMO.
I know you were mystic, and I’m not criticising you, I’m just following what people are expounding, processing, adapting of the ideas and putting forth things that I am thinking of - I personally don’t believe we are to stifle/criticise/censor so much when they do bring things forward (but that’s just me, anyone can do what they feel led to do)

Old 08-14-2021, 08:46 PM

3,220 posts, read 928,674 times
Quote:
The son reveals it. I’m not talking about Jesus. I’m saying that God reveals it as I have said many times.

“The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.”

Be the son, parrot the Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity