Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 05:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I say they cannot be BLINDLY believed. What is "written in ink" must be TESTED against the Holy Spirit (Comforter) who is our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. They can be believed when what they say AGREES with the descriptions, revelations, and unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature as agape love by Jesus!
And where do you find that in scripture? It just keeps going round and round, pure denial of God's Word.

I'll tell you where you can find what I've put in bold, in Mystic's mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 06:06 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Take it into the streets.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:13 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Take it into the streets.
Or you could just ignore it!

Old 02-19-2021, 06:40 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
And where do you find that in scripture? It just keeps going round and round, pure denial of God's Word.
I'll tell you where you can find what I've put in bold, in Mystic's mind!
You can only deny God's Word who is Jesus if you do not know and use the "mind of Christ." This thread is asking why Jesus did something. You cannot answer that not knowing what Jesus is like. You are using a book of 66 different authors (or more) AS IF they are ALL God's Word when we are told that Jesus is God's Word, NOT some compilation of books! The books tell us about Jesus but only understanding the "mind of Christ" enables us to know the "mind of God." That is why and how Jesus is God's Word. You basically ignore Him and call yourself a Christian because you believe 66 books about Him as if they were God's word instead of Him.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:14 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You 2 are counter-balances of each other

Charlie says the Scriptures are literal

Mystic says they are spiritual

But there is another way to look at the them - filled with symbolism from start to finish and the focus described by Paul is to gather together in peace to understand what the symbols mean in context

So food is not literal food, wives are not literal wives, water is not literal water, etc, etc those things are to be interpreted/translated

<<snipped for brevity>>
That is the primary issue that divides so many of you here. Some see the writing as spiritual, symbolic, and allegorical. Others think every word is literally true, factual and inerrant. The latter refer to the former as unbelievers, and to themselves as Bible believers. My observation is that the literal believers are unwilling to even admit that there are other ways to interpret the Bible. Whenever I mention it, they ignore my post. No mutual understanding will exist until people recognize this diversity as legitimate differences in interpretation.

Old 02-20-2021, 05:56 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Id like to know how 'unbelievers' can drive out demons in the name of God?

Can anyone give an example of this happening just one time?

It doesnt make sense, why would the demons obey and comply, with a human who does not even believe?

Simple, to gain more converts. Healing is a very powerful tool RS

Old 02-20-2021, 08:58 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That is the primary issue that divides so many of you here. Some see the writing as spiritual, symbolic, and allegorical. Others think every word is literally true, factual and inerrant. The latter refer to the former as unbelievers, and to themselves as Bible believers. My observation is that the literal believers are unwilling to even admit that there are other ways to interpret the Bible. Whenever I mention it, they ignore my post. No mutual understanding will exist until people recognize this diversity as legitimate differences in interpretation.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:19 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Yep

Right/wrong, black/white, us/them, offensive/defensive mentality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity