Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 04:13 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
It is mystical. look up meru.org
in is way above my pay grade but I understand a bit.
similarly with Greek of NT.
I spent too much time with people like Rudolf Steiner to think otherwise.
I had some experiences myself, i can not dismiss that.
The highest is above all of our pay grades

We are told Each has their own part, and not to think more highly of our own selves, but to be humble - we are to understand our own limitations as well as others limitations, not just focus on others limitations and think we know more than others

This is how you and mystic support each other in your mystical awareness thinking that is the only thing that counts, whereas the creation is immense,

Rom 12:3**For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Rom 12:4**For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5**So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Rom 12:6**Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7**Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8**Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 04:19 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The highest is above all of our pay grades

We are told Each has their own part, and not to think more highly of our own selves, but to be humble - we are to understand our own limitations as well as others limitations, not just focus on others limitations and think we know more than others

This is how you and mystic support each other in your mystical awareness thinking that is the only thing that counts, whereas the creation is immense,

Rom 12:3**For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Rom 12:4**For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5**So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Rom 12:6**Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7**Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8**Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
"Each has their own part" is ancient Gnostic wisdom.

Old 05-11-2021, 04:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
This thread is in response to the following quote by MysticPhD from the "Christianity and the LGBTQ Community (Part 3)" thread:

What I'm getting from this and from other posts of his is that Mystic views Jesus as being in stark opposition to the God presumably portrayed in the Old Testament.

I've never been able to engage Mystic on this topic, so I started a new thread.

Jesus referenced and quoted many Old Testament prophets approvingly and spoke often of judgment and hell. What specific examples do we have of a dichotomy between Christ and the OT God?
I don't see it as having his approval for the most part, although he did use their written words to make a point.
Neither did he speak more on judgment and hell, as His emphasis were on the Kingdom and that of love itself.

Old 05-11-2021, 04:24 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
The examples of Jesus at odds with Father God are rare, but one rare example is Luke 9:52-56 ... ``Jesus sent messengers before His face, And having gone, they entered into the village of the Samaritans, so to make ready for Him ...... And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem ...... James and John saw this as said Lord `will you, that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elijah did? .... And Jesus rebuked them saying `` you don't know what kind of spirit you are of ``.....`` For the son of man is not come to destroy men's lives but to save them ``................................................ ... See here is Jesus rejecting the Work of Father God through Elijah the prophet did as Elijah in His day rejected to false prophets and brought down fire from heaven, and then he killed hundreds of false prophets ..... Still Jesus love Father God and glorified Him

Old 05-11-2021, 04:47 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you are saying that he is the one who ordered or commanded the slaughtering of innocent women, children, infants, and their animals? And, he is also the one who says to love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you - in the New Testament?
Yes. The ones who were dedicated for destruction were the peoples connected to the giant clans which had to do with the Nephilim. Though I don't expect you to understand.

Old 05-11-2021, 04:49 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
1John 1;1 In the beginning.
Jesus demonstrated His creative power throughout His ministry as well as His authority over the elements and the demons as well. And to this day His name still has authority through those that believe Him.
Even a man that has just repented and asked Jesus into his heart can discover this relationship and life-changing power.
But a man practicing deception will learn nothing. God is not fooled. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
But God will not always strive with man and the day will come when mercy is ended and the Holy Spirit is withdrawn from the earth. He is withdrawn because men ignore the gift of the Holy Spirit, preferring the opinions of men, fearing men more than God.

Old 05-11-2021, 04:53 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Yes. The ones who were dedicated for destruction were the peoples connected to the giant clans which had to do with the Nephilim. Though I don't expect you to understand.
Primarily because it is not understandable. It is an irrational acceptance of contradiction solely to support the unjustified belief that scripture is the word of God and NOT human corruption.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Primarily because it is not understandable. It is an irrational acceptance of contradiction solely to support the unjustified belief that scripture is the word of God and NOT human corruption.
It is very understandable to those who do not have a one dimensional view of God. You are not the arbiter of what is understandable to anyone but yourself.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
In other words, you are saying that he is the one who ordered or commanded the slaughtering of innocent women, children, infants, and their animals? And, he is also the one who says to love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you - in the New Testament?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I understand many things, although I may not agree with your views of fallen angels.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I understand many things, although I may not agree with your views of fallen angels.
Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity