Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 08:45 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Do whatever you feel right about doing, I guess. Just remember, Jesus also said, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." That's one bit of scripture that's probably worth paying special attention to.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, you can go ahead and knock yourself out. I'm just not convinced that your approach is working very well. Oh, and by the way, I'm not a "sir." I'm a "ma'am," if you feel you must be that formal.
I don't remember referring to you as "sir." I may have and just don't remember.

As far as judging, that is popular with folks to use in this type situation, it's the only recourse.

The judging Jesus spoke of is not well understood.

I have used before the example of a teenager who asks her parents if she can go and hang out at the mall with a friend from school and can she stay the night?

The parents have heard from other parents this girl is a drug user and nothing but in trouble all the time.

What would you do? Not judge the girl and let your daughter go with her, or use your common sense and tell her why she can't in looking out for her welfare?

I'm not judging as you would not be judging in your daughters case. You would be looking out for the welfare of your child, just as I'm looking out for the welfare of those here in the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 10:11 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

As far as judging, that is popular with folks to use in this type situation, it's the only recourse.

The judging Jesus spoke of is not well understood.

I have used before the example of a teenager who asks her parents if she can go and hang out at the mall with a friend from school and can she stay the night?

The parents have heard from other parents this girl is a drug user and nothing but in trouble all the time.

What would you do? Not judge the girl and let your daughter go with her, or use your common sense and tell her why she can't in looking out for her welfare?

I'm not judging as you would not be judging in your daughters case. You would be looking out for the welfare of your child, just as I'm looking out for the welfare of those here in the Lord.
Whatever you say, Charlie. Excuse me while I look elsewhere for meaningful dialogue. I'm just not finding it here.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:38 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
<snip>

No sir, as I've said before, that ain't gonna happen especially because you don't like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
<snip> Oh, and by the way, I'm not a "sir." I'm a "ma'am," if you feel you must be that formal.
Quote:

<snip>.
It might be a misunderstanding

Old 07-07-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It might be a misunderstanding
No doubt it was, I'll have to apologize for saying that even though I had no idea male/female.

It was more of a statement rather that referring to gender. But nevertheless I do apologize.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:00 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
No doubt it was, I'll have to apologize for saying that even though I had no idea male/female.

It was more of a statement rather that referring to gender. But nevertheless I do apologize.
Katzpur is a bit sensitive about that because highway54 continues to refer to her (and others) as “sir” even though he has repeatedly been told she is female

It is his way of seeming “polite” but it comes across as “obnoxious” and it seems to me he takes pride in it

Old 07-07-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Katzpur is a bit sensitive about that because highway54 continues to refer to her (and others) as “sir” even though he has repeatedly been told she is female

It is his way of seeming “polite” but it comes across as “obnoxious” and it seems to me he takes pride in it
I've noticed Hiway uses "sir" quite often. I think he uses it as I use it on occasion, as a statement without thought of gender. Just expressing something with "sir" attached, more of a habit than anything else. imo.

I don't really believe Hiway is doing that purposely, that's not his style. More like he doesn't remember or think about it that way, being he addresses so many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity