Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 11:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,861,513 times

Advertisements

1Co 6:9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 02:27 AM

23,255 posts, read 10,531,252 times
)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
1Co 6:9, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Lol.

Jesus was speaking of the higher zoe kingdom, the liars, and murders and thieves like me, we arent allowed within the city, but that doesnt mean we arent saved.

1 Corinthians
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, HE SHALL RECIEVE A REWARD.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You see that?

Even as you burn in the lake of fire watching your work burn, YOU ARE STILL SAVED

Hebrews 8 teaches us of the 3 kingdoms from least to greatest, and you have willingly chosen to be the least, on top of that, you are somehow proud to be counted in the outer court, the least of 3 kingdoms by your own choosing.

Revelation.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Those liars and dogs, they are all Gentiles stuck in the outer court of Gentiles/darkness, BUT THEY REMAIN, STILL.

Christian's literally choose that outer court of Gentiles and they are proud if it, it doesn't make any sense.

Do you know what the reward is?

It is the immortal house you were building with Christ except Christian's build on their own foundation not God's

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-15-2021 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: 14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates

Old 07-15-2021, 02:47 AM

23,255 posts, read 10,531,252 times
Revelation
And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Good luck getting through the gate, cause only Gentiles adopted into Israel will pass, only Israel gets through the gates, Jews and adopted Gentiles who both love the commandments of God

Old 07-15-2021, 04:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,100,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Congrats!

I don’t believe there is a secret formula to relationships

Romantic relationships are not just about physical intimacy, that is just a part of it, it is also about mutual respect that develops, and to get the best out of a relationship you both should be listening and communicating with each other about what is important to each of you
Yea, as my wife often says, sex is the glue that holds the marriage together and not the end all be all of the marriage...True love is a desire to just be around the other person...

Old 07-15-2021, 07:57 AM

1,196 posts, read 756,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
We are both middle aged and she is much stronger in her Christian faith than I am. (Although I am working on that.) She is adamant about not having sex before marriage, so after our dates we will simpy kiss for a minute or so. She also said she is not a prude, but doesn't want to put herself into any situation that will make her do something unholy. For the experienced and chaste Christians on here, what exactly is my role here in regards to physical intimacy? Do you suggest that I just let her lead the way when we embrace? I'm tired and admit I haven't done a search on this forum, but imagine this has been a popular topic before. Apologies in advance.
understand, if we even unlock and crack that door, satan and his demons bum-rushes in! in other words, we are weak when it comes to demons. being alone and having a passionate kiss, (is what you seem to be saying). can and will lead to fornication, which is what she's trying to avoid! Jehovah God's words through Paul says this ,(Colo. 3:5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world). kissing will soon turn into LUST and for the need to go further.

see also (1Thess. 4:3,4 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor). she said that she "doesn't want to put herself into any situation that will make her do something unholy." but she's doing just that! I'm a servant of Jehovah God and have been single for years. I don't intend on getting remarried, so I don't aloud myself to be in any situation with a man that could lead me to do something against Jehovah God and myself. regarding "physical intimacy", are you truly seeking a righteous answer. or are you seeking one that goes inline with what you really want to hear?

you have to be honest with yourself, because Jehovah God already knows. if you're seeking the advice of man, you might just get the words of satan, sorry, but it's true. our opinions can lead at times one down the wrong path. this is why, if you're trying to become a "christian", you have to focus on God's word ONLY! you asked "Do you suggest that I just let her lead the way when we embrace?" you asking imperfect man's advice, seek God's word. if you love her, help her to obey God's word. you can do this by NOT engaging in anything that can lead to fornication. if you love her, you seek what's best for her ,(1Cor. 13:4-5: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs").

and if you love her and she feels the same, than make it right in God's eyes ,(1Cor. 7:1,2 It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband). see also (1Cor. 7:8,9 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion). which ever road you chose, make sure you both seek Jehovah God's approval. and seek each other's needs instead of your own. peace

Old 07-15-2021, 08:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
)

Lol.

Jesus was speaking of the higher zoe kingdom, the liars, and murders and thieves like me, we arent allowed within the city, but that doesnt mean we arent saved.

1 Corinthians
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, HE SHALL RECIEVE A REWARD.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You see that?

Even as you burn in the lake of fire watching your work burn, YOU ARE STILL SAVED

Hebrews 8 teaches us of the 3 kingdoms from least to greatest, and you have willingly chosen to be the least, on top of that, you are somehow proud to be counted in the outer court, the least of 3 kingdoms by your own choosing.

Revelation.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Those liars and dogs, they are all Gentiles stuck in the outer court of Gentiles/darkness, BUT THEY REMAIN, STILL.

Christian's literally choose that outer court of Gentiles and they are proud if it, it doesn't make any sense.

Do you know what the reward is?

It is the immortal house you were building with Christ except Christian's build on their own foundation not God's
Had no idea you identify as a Christian.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, as my wife often says, sex is the glue that holds the marriage together and not the end all be all of the marriage...True love is a desire to just be around the other person...
Had no clue you identify as a Christian. When did you place your faith in Jesus as the Messiah?

Old 07-15-2021, 10:39 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know what you mean, that's what soured me from dating, it gets so frustrating and tiresome with being treated like a peace of meat, I am much more than a pretty face.
I'm sure you are.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:44 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
understand, if we even unlock and crack that door, satan and his demons bum-rushes in! in other words, we are weak when it comes to demons. being alone and having a passionate kiss, (is what you seem to be saying). can and will lead to fornication, which is what she's trying to avoid! Jehovah God's words through Paul says this ,(Colo. 3:5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world). kissing will soon turn into LUST and for the need to go further.

see also (1Thess. 4:3,4 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor). she said that she "doesn't want to put herself into any situation that will make her do something unholy." but she's doing just that! I'm a servant of Jehovah God and have been single for years. I don't intend on getting remarried, so I don't aloud myself to be in any situation with a man that could lead me to do something against Jehovah God and myself. regarding "physical intimacy", are you truly seeking a righteous answer. or are you seeking one that goes inline with what you really want to hear?

you have to be honest with yourself, because Jehovah God already knows. if you're seeking the advice of man, you might just get the words of satan, sorry, but it's true. our opinions can lead at times one down the wrong path. this is why, if you're trying to become a "christian", you have to focus on God's word ONLY! you asked "Do you suggest that I just let her lead the way when we embrace?" you asking imperfect man's advice, seek God's word. if you love her, help her to obey God's word. you can do this by NOT engaging in anything that can lead to fornication. if you love her, you seek what's best for her ,(1Cor. 13:4-5: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs").

and if you love her and she feels the same, than make it right in God's eyes ,(1Cor. 7:1,2 It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband). see also (1Cor. 7:8,9 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion). which ever road you chose, make sure you both seek Jehovah God's approval. and seek each other's needs instead of your own. peace
Religious fanaticism at its finest! And, watch out for that demon which raises its ugly head in lust?

Old 07-15-2021, 10:47 AM

10,122 posts, read 6,480,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Had no clue you identify as a Christian. When did you place your faith in Jesus as the Messiah?
How did anything in Richard's post lead you to that assumption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity