Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Christ places no significance on the physical birth, but everything on the spiritual birth!

Matt. 12:46-50

"While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

We can only do the Father's will when we place our faith in His Son!

That is the qualification to be in the Family of God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 07:15 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Christ places no significance on the physical birth, but everything on the spiritual birth!

"While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

He never said the bold, Charlie. That is all YOU! He just said, "do the will of my Father which is in heaven." That is what I have been telling you is the way we demonstrate our faith in Jesus, NOT proclaiming to believe some "precepts and doctrines of men" that we cannot choose to believe anyway.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He never said the bold, Charlie. That is all YOU! He just said, "do the will of my Father which is in heaven." That is what I have been telling you is the way we demonstrate our faith in Jesus, NOT proclaiming to believe some "precepts and doctrines of men" that we cannot choose to believe anyway.
When you mix a little Calvinism with Universalism, then throw in your own twist with agape love, this is the result! Sad to say the least!

Old 07-22-2021, 07:42 PM

Hey Mystic, does John 3:16 say,

" For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever has agape love in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

or does it say,

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Did Jesus say,

"If you don't have agape love you shall die in your sins."

or did He say,

"If you believe not I am not He you shall die in your sins."

Old 07-22-2021, 07:47 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, Jesus did pretty much say the bold though in a slightly different way.
John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
It's the will of the Father that everyone should believe in Jesus, which means to trust him, and that those who do shall have eternal life and will be resurrected on the last day.

Those who do not believe in Jesus remain under condemnation as stated in John 3:18.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:30 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Actually, Jesus did pretty much say the bold though in a slightly different way.
John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
It's the will of the Father that everyone should believe in Jesus, which means to trust him, and that those who do shall have eternal life and will be resurrected on the last day.
Those who do not believe in Jesus remain under condemnation as stated in John 3:18.
There is a purpose to belief. Belief itself is not the purpose. Belief in Jesus leads to doing what He did and loving as He loved which is doing what the Father actually wants. This silly idea that God is interested in the belief itself is just nonsense.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:47 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Christ places no significance on the physical birth, but everything on the spiritual birth! /snip/
Backwards as always, Charlie!

"For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Doing Gods will elevates one (the same is) to the level of those who ARE Jesus's brother, sister, mother and ALREADY His Family!!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Backwards as always, Charlie!

"For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Doing Gods will elevates one (the same is) to the level of those who ARE Jesus's brother, sister, mother and ALREADY His Family!!
Afraid not! Christ's brothers and sisters by birth and even his mother were not on the level of the soon to be Apostles. If you notice, He didn't point to them, He pointed to those who were about His Father's business.

I'm seeing your view as backwards, CC.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:14 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Afraid not! Christ's brothers and sisters by birth and even his mother were not on the level of the soon to be Apostles. If you notice, He didn't point to them, He pointed to those who were about His Father's business.I'm seeing your view as backwards, CC.
No thank you - I'll stick with John's perspective - Revelation 12:1

Old 07-22-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
No thank you - I'll stick with John's perspective - Revelation 12:1
And what do you see as John's perspective in Rev. 12:1?

I know it's all about Mary for the Catholics, but I have news for you, the "woman clothed with the sun" is not Mary, it's national Israel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity