Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 06:37 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God actually had a vested interest in the process of the kjv being translated and took an active part in it.

And of course, he inspired to be written the manuscripts from which the kjv is derived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 09:10 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But I would NOT reject it BECAUSE it IS compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love. Your interpretation of what it means is wrong because you equate God's word with the Bible instead of Jesus whose name is exalted above all names. Why do you have so much difficulty comprehending this process of testing scripture to make sure it IS scripture from God???? I do not blindly reject scripture. Why do you blindly accept it????
Quote:
Do you have any scripture that says that the word (small "w") is not the Holy Bible?

I have scripture that tells me that the word of God was spoken (Hebrews 13:7). How then is the word of God Jesus and not the Holy Bible? Do you not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh? How is Jesus the word of God since the word of God was spoken?
Words only have meaning in consciousness (Spirit). God IS Spirit. Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit to His human consciousness which means He brought the Word of God to His human conscious in His living flesh.
Quote:
It seems to me that you reject those scriptures that are not compatible with the theology that you have preconceived in your own mind. Therefore, you have formed your religion of your own thinking and then take the Bible and pick and choose verses to substantiate your thinking.
You keep lying about this. I had NO theology preconceived or otherwise. I just had the consciousness I encountered. I discovered that consciousness in the Christian narrative because Christ's consciousness exactly matched the consciousness I encountered. It is Christ's consciousness that I use to decide what is and is not the word of God and adopt Christianity as my religion, NOT my own religion or theology.
Quote:
But you would do well not to pick and choose. You would do well to form your religion from the whole of what the Bible says.
After all, it is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
And, known unto God are all His works (including the protestant kjv Bible) from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).
This is all inference and the claims you make cannot be found stated anywhere in the untested scriptures you blindly accept. I repeat I do not blindly reject scripture. Why do you blindly accept it????

Old 08-08-2021, 01:19 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Mystic,

Jesus said,

Jhn 16:7, Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Jhn 16:8, And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Is this compatible or incompatible with your concept of God's agape love?

Has the Lord yet convicted you of judgment?

The judgment of the Lord is revealed in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, and Romans 11:9-10.

Do you believe in the judgments of the Lord?

Do you agree that Jesus' statement in John 16:7-8 is in accordance with Jesus' consciousness?

Do you yet feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit in your life as concerning sin and righteousness and judgment, as the expression of Christ's consciousness to your conscience?

Old 08-08-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Mystic,

Jesus said,

Jhn 16:7, Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Jhn 16:8, And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Is this compatible or incompatible with your concept of God's agape love?
It is compatible. To reprove means to scold or correct usually gently or with kindly intent.
Quote:
Has the Lord yet convicted you of judgment?
I have explained this before. Judgment refers to the existence of spiritual consequences. Our primitive ancestors believed ALL consequences were the result of God's wrath or benevolence as punishments or rewards. They were incapable of seeing it any other way but they are NOT. They are the result of what kind of Spirit we have become.
Quote:
The judgment of the Lord is revealed in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, and Romans 11:9-10.
Do you believe in the judgments of the Lord?
Do you agree that Jesus' statement in John 16:7-8 is in accordance with Jesus' consciousness?
Do you yet feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit in your life as concerning sin and righteousness and judgment, as the expression of Christ's consciousness to your conscience?
You continue to apply your human concept of justice demanding punishment. You resist the explanation of correction and refinement using your absurd notion that God allows sin to continue forever. Get over it. There ARE negative consequences, but none of them are punishments imposed by God and none of them are eternal.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:27 PM

There is definite everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46) that is meted out by the Lord to those who commit iniquity (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50).

The educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Jesus while the common people heard Him gladly.

Which corresponds to educated Greek and Hebrew scholars of today; who are also inclined to reject Jesus...as opposed to those who read the Bible in their own language; which corresponds to the common people.

Personally, I do not believe that God is going to entrust His unadulterated message to those who are inclined to reject Him. He is going to give it to the common people.

For this reason, I believe that arguing about words is to the subverting of the hearers (see also 2 Timothy 2:14, 1 Timothy 6:4-5). What we read in common English is trustworthy and there is no need to go back to the original Greek and Hebrew.

And therefore, when it says, "everlasting punishment" in Matthew 25:46, I believe it as I read it in the English.

And I also believe that scripture inteprets scripture (1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)); so that Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50 show us clearly what that everlasting punishment consists of in its description; that in it there is "wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Old 08-08-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
There is definite everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46) that is meted out by the Lord to those who commit iniquity (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50).

The educated scribes and Pharisees rejected Jesus while the common people heard Him gladly.

Which corresponds to educated Greek and Hebrew scholars of today; who are also inclined to reject Jesus...as opposed to those who read the Bible in their own language; which corresponds to the common people.

Personally, I do not believe that God is going to entrust His unadulterated message to those who are inclined to reject Him. He is going to give it to the common people.

For this reason, I believe that arguing about words is to the subverting of the hearers (see also 2 Timothy 2:14, 1 Timothy 6:4-5). What we read in common English is trustworthy and there is no need to go back to the original Greek and Hebrew.

And therefore, when it says, "everlasting punishment" in Matthew 25:46, I believe it as I read it in the English.

And I also believe that scripture inteprets scripture (1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)); so that Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50 show us clearly what that everlasting punishment consists of in its description; that in it there is "wailing and gnashing of teeth."
That is just ignorant close-minded irrationality and wishful thinking that your preferred beliefs are true. You are in for quite an unpleasant surprise upon your death, JBF.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
That is just ignorant close-minded irrationality and wishful thinking that your preferred beliefs are true. You are in for quite an unpleasant surprise upon your death, JBF.
It is certainly not wishful thinking on my part. I could wish that it might be otherwise.

But the things that I believe, I believe, because they are proclaimed by holy scripture.

The things that you believe, you are able to believe because you discount certain things in holy scripture.

Therefore is it not your ideology that is based on wishful thinking?

For you believe what you believe because it is what you want to believe; as evidence by the fact that you pick and choose what scriptures you believe are inspired and which ones you believe are not inspired.

Therefore it is your religion that is not based in the word of God but in your own idea.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
It is certainly not wishful thinking on my part. I could wish that it might be otherwise.

But the things that I believe, I believe, because they are proclaimed by holy scripture.

The things that you believe, you are able to believe because you discount certain things in holy scripture.

Therefore is it not your ideology that is based on wishful thinking?

For you believe what you believe because it is what you want to believe; as evidence by the fact that you pick and choose what scriptures you believe are inspired and which ones you believe are not inspired.

Therefore it is your religion that is not based in the word of God but in your own idea.
Why do you keep saying this lie. It is NOT my own idea or wish. It is what Jesus Christ Himself revealed and unambiguously demonstrated as God's Holy Spirit of agape love that decides whether or not some claim in the Bible is compatible or not!!!!

Old 08-10-2021, 12:32 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,846,084 times
The King James Version of the Bible is the definitive word of God.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep saying this lie. It is NOT my own idea or wish. It is what Jesus Christ Himself revealed and unambiguously demonstrated as God's Holy Spirit of agape love that decides whether or not some claim in the Bible is compatible or not!!!!
It is no lie to say that you are determining what is inspired or not in scripture based on your own judgment.

However, your judgment is off-base.

For you appear to believe that God's judgment of the murderer ought to be that He let him get off scott-free with his crime and be set free to commit it another time.

Because if this is not what you believe, then you would agree with me that the murderer is to be cast into the lake of fire for all of eternity where he cannot commit his crimes ever again.

I think that what you don't realize is that when God offers salvation He offers you a change in your heart so that you will no longer be sinful in your nature.

As long as you have sin in your nature, you will continue to be a sinner (even throughout eternity); and the only remedy for this is the Cross.

So, if you do not ever avail yourself of the Cross, you will continue to be a sinner throughout eternity.

It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

So, your opportunity to be born again is only going to last as long as you are alive.

If you "die in your sins" (John 8:24), then that is the end for you; you will continue to be a sinner throughout eternity and will have to pay for your sins throughout eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity