Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 10:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your magical assumptions are the reason you are misguided and accept the "precepts and doctrines of men" instead of the clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus.
There is nothing "magical" about my "assumptions".

However, I think that you very likely rely on magic in order to determine (falsely, I may add) that all of holy scripture is not inspired of the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 11:00 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Trusting the "precepts and doctrines of men" doth make thee ignore Christ in favor of a Book.

Your magical assumptions are the reason you are misguided and accept the "precepts and doctrines of men" instead of the clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus.
You have been told that this refers to the Hebrew scriptures, NOT the politically collated Book represented in the Bible. You refuse to test what is claimed against the ONLY standard of Truth we have - Jesus Christ's revelation and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love. You will regret your rejection of the Comforter and what God has "written in our hearts."
Good grief, Mystic! Does not Paul explain what is written in our hearts and why?

I can assure you that your theology does not meet the standard of the Apostle Paul!

You deny the Holy Bible because it doesn't line up with the perverts in the UR!

Old 07-27-2021, 11:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Good grief, Mystic! Does not Paul explain what is written in our hearts and why?

I can assure you that your theology does not meet the standard of the Apostle Paul!

What is a perversion of Scriptures is your views of HELL and ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:30 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Trusting the "precepts and doctrines of men" doth make thee ignore Christ in favor of a Book.

You have been told that this refers to the Hebrew scriptures, NOT the politically collated Book represented in the Bible. You refuse to test what is claimed against the ONLY standard of Truth we have - Jesus Christ's revelation and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love. You will regret your rejection of the Comforter and what God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
The Comforter sent in Christ's name is our guide to what God has "written in our hearts," Charlie. You are using corrupted versions of Christ's Good News Gospel because you do not TEST anything claimed against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. Anything attributed to Paul that is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit is NOT from Paul or Jesus or God, period!

My Christianity was not influenced by UR but it is compatible with it and it is compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
The Comforter sent in Christ's name is our guide to what God has "written in our hearts," Charlie. You are using corrupted versions of Christ's Good News Gospel because you do not TEST anything claimed against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. Anything attributed to Paul that is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit is NOT from Paul or Jesus or God, period!

My Christianity was not influenced by UR but it is compatible with it and it is compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.
The Laws of God written in my heart by the accomplishment of Christ and Him crucified, have been placed there by the Holy Spirit.

He works in my life by the faith given me through accepting Christ as my Saviour. He is the inspiration of the written Word that agrees perfectly with that Word in the sanctification of who I am, a child of God! Ever drawing me closer to Him by my communication with Him in reading His Word.

The scripture says that the Written Word is alive, and how is that? As you read it, it reads you, it speaks to you and points out how you can draw closer to Him, shows yourself in the reading as guilty before God in a certain deed. It brings forth righteousness that brings forth fruit. Ever pointing you to the Crucified One.

It is the communication of the written Word and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life that will lead me to those gates. And there is nothing in this world that will separate me from my Bible but death itself! But then I will be with Him!

Old 07-27-2021, 02:42 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
The Laws of God written in my heart by the accomplishment of Christ and Him crucified, have been placed there by the Holy Spirit.

He works in my life by the faith given me through accepting Christ as my Saviour. He is the inspiration of the written Word that agrees perfectly with that Word in the sanctification of who I am, a child of God! Ever drawing me closer to Him by my communication with Him in reading His Word.

The scripture says that the Written Word is alive, and how is that? As you read it, it reads you, it speaks to you and points out how you can draw closer to Him, shows yourself in the reading as guilty before God in a certain deed. It brings forth righteousness that brings forth fruit. Ever pointing you to the Crucified One.

It is the communication of the written Word and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life that will lead me to those gates. And there is nothing in this world that will separate me from my Bible but death itself! But then I will be with Him!
Your response in “the least of these” thread should be what you think and dwell upon rather than grandly building yourself up

Quote:
I'm ashamed to admit that I really do believe this same thing would have happened if he had come to my church!

Not that they don't love the things of the Lord, but we have been so blessed by God we don't even take the time to relate to the circumstances of others.
A Tree and Its Fruit
Luk 6:43**For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44**For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45**A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Build Your House on the Rock
Luk 6:46**And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47**Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48**He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49**But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Godlessness in the Last Days
2Ti 3:1**This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2**For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3**Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4**Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5**Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6**For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7**Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8**Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9**But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Your response in “the least of these” thread should be what you think and dwell upon rather than grandly building yourself up

A Tree and Its Fruit
Luk 6:43**For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44**For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45**A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Build Your House on the Rock
Luk 6:46**And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47**Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48**He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49**But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Godlessness in the Last Days
2Ti 3:1**This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2**For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3**Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4**Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5**Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6**For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7**Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8**Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9**But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
How am I grandly building up myself?

Old 07-27-2021, 03:19 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Yes, but ONLY those words that are compatible with the Holy Spirit. By accepting ALL the words as scripture you have corrupted what we are supposed to understand and become.
Quote:
True, but ONLY by reading ONLY His Word in the states of mind guided by the Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and demonstrated by our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Quote:
The scripture says that the Written Word is alive, and how is that?
No it says the opposite. The words "written in ink" lead to death. ONLY the Spirit leads to life.
Quote:
As you read it, it reads you, it speaks to you and points out how you can draw closer to Him, shows yourself in the reading as guilty before God in a certain deed. It brings forth righteousness that brings forth fruit. Ever pointing you to the Crucified One.
True, but ONLY if you are in the same state of mind as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by the Crucified One!
Quote:
The bold SHOULD say "there is nothing in this world that will separate me from Jesus but death itself! But then I will be with Him!" because the Bible is NOT Jesus or God.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:24 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
How am I grandly building up myself?
Read your own posts as if you were the “other” person, and it is not just you but who you gather together with (you are of one “mind”) so one “body”

I believe that is part of Those judgement verses in the gospels where the measure you use to judge the “other” it’s the same one used for yourself/body/gathering

Old 07-27-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Read your own posts
Point it out, surly you can do that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity