Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 03:32 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Point it out, surly you can do that!
I’m not going to argue and debate with you

Ive pointed out what I want to, I’ll leave it at that

I know you want to stir things up, go ahead, do it, be the adversary! But I’m not playing that game with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 03:39 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I’m not going to argue and debate with you

Ive pointed out what I want to, I’ll leave it at that

I know you want to stir things up, go ahead, do it, be the adversary! But I’m not playing that game with you
Why would I want to stir things up with someone who does a hit and run because they don't like my posts?

Old 07-27-2021, 04:03 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Why would I want to stir things up with someone who does a hit and run because they don't like my posts?
I’m saying you want to stir up this forum which is why you brought JBF here (and succeeding very well)......... birds of a feather flock together

Old 07-27-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I’m saying you want to stir up this forum which is why you brought JBF here (and succeeding very well)......... birds of a feather flock together
What has that to do with "grandly building up myself?"

Old 07-27-2021, 04:59 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
What is remarkable about it, Meerkat, is that they seem not to realize that they and their message resemble Satan the adversary far more than they resemble Christ the Saviour. How have they managed to delude themselves into thinking they are spreading Christ's Good News Gospel??? It is an enigma!

Old 07-27-2021, 05:13 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
I don't think Duval did very well in his explanation and neither have you!

2 Tim. 3:16

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

What would you guys know about doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction when you deny most of scripture and see the rest as figurative?
Charlie, there was time that i would argue with Paul ( 1Cor2:14 ). Now i admit he was absolutely correct.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Charlie, there was time that i would argue with Paul ( 1Cor2:14 ). Now i admit he was absolutely correct.
I can understand that, even the apostles withstood him for a while. But the wisdom given him by Christ was to great, they had to give in and accept him.

Back to your first post, I don't take figurative language lightly. I have to have a good reason to translate it that way. If not, it can completely change what Paul is telling us, we can miss the lesson or worse yet, receive what he never meant for us to have.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
I can understand that, even the apostles withstood him for a while. But the wisdom given him by Christ was to great, they had to give in and accept him.

Back to your first post, I don't take figurative language lightly. I have to have a good reason to translate it that way. If not, it can completely change what Paul is telling us, we can miss the lesson or worse yet, receive what he never meant for us to have.
i read it and understood what it means. i offered my understanding to others not expecting everyone accepting my take, it is still there, printed, carefully read again and use intuition...as Paul said, constantly train your spiritual faculties in order to become mature.
"24And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,"
https://biblehub.com/lexicon/hebrews/10-24.htm

Old 07-28-2021, 02:46 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is a perversion of Scriptures is your views of HELL and ETERNAL PUNISHMENT.
Our views of hell and eternal punishment are biblical (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Comforter sent in Christ's name is our guide to what God has "written in our hearts," Charlie. You are using corrupted versions of Christ's Good News Gospel because you do not TEST anything claimed against God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. Anything attributed to Paul that is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit is NOT from Paul or Jesus or God, period!

My Christianity was not influenced by UR but it is compatible with it and it is compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.
But, you say that justice is not compatible with God's agape love.

So, a question I have for you Mystic.

You believe that someone who murders someone should not be punished but set free to commit the same crime another time, correct?

Because to punish the murderer would be justice and judgment.

But you say that justice and judgment are not in accordance with God's agape love.

So, you favour loving the serial killer at the expense of his victims.

You really believe that this is love?

I would say that you have a perverted point of view.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:59 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you willfully commit murder, you are held accountable, however you will not be punished for merely not believing.

This has been presented to me Jerwade, we obviously do not know who will be resurrected, how would you feel if hitler was resurrected?

I have thought about that much sir. I know how I would handle it, but would it stumble you if he was given the opportunity to live as one of your neighbors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity