Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 10:37 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since that contradicts His Sovereign Will in giving us Dominion over what happens here, No, I do not! God is counting on our EVENTUALLY maturing spiritually NOT stagnating at the "carnal milk" level and forever ignoring the clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus! Some of us get it now and more will eventually, Charlie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The "milk of the word" is not identified in scripture as carnal; but as sincere (1 Peter 2:1-3).

Of course it is to be fed to those who are carnal (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) in order that they might grow up.

But milk, even in the natural, is still healthy for grown-ups and we are to desire it according ot the first passage referenced.
The "carnal milk" was specifically needed because our carnal-minded ancestors did not have the spiritual understanding necessary to comprehend all that Jesus wanted them to learn. He definitely expected that eventually, we would be ready for the "spiritual solid food" under the guidance of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) of Jesus.

Instead, we stagnated at the "carnal milk" level of understanding and failed to even seek the "spiritual solid food" from the Comforter. In fact, you specifically ignore what God has "written in our hearts" and forego the guidance of the Holy Spirit by NOT TESTING the "carnal milk" against the Holy Spirit to discern the "spiritual solid food" therein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 03:02 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Let's have another Jesus seminar right here on these forums.

(for those of you who don't know what that is, it was a seminar where people looked at every scripture and decided on the basis of their own judgment what was spoken by Jesus and what was not).

Of course I'm being facetious.

Here's my take on it.

Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

All of God's works (including the Protestant kjv Bible) are known unto Him from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).
But to some he came to separate, and to some he came to unite

It depends on the motivations, if the motivations are evil the congregation/assembly eventually is to be separated/divided one from the other, if the motivations are good the congregation/assembly is to be gathered united

How His people have interpreted, translated, and used the Scriptures has always been under their own free-will and they are judged generationally on those interpretations and translations of meaning that have produced their literary “works” upon His words

The multitudes (Lesser) are judged differently from the hierarchy (Greater) each according to their own “estate” “part” “division” in His kingdom

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Rev 20:11**And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12**And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13**And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
But to some he came to separate, and to some he came to unite

It depends on the motivations, if the motivations are evil the congregation/assembly eventually is to be separated/divided one from the other, if the motivations are good the congregation/assembly is to be gathered united

How His people have interpreted, translated, and used the Scriptures has always been under their own free-will and they are judged generationally on those interpretations and translations of meaning that have produced their literary “works” upon His words

The multitudes (Lesser) are judged differently from the hierarchy (Greater) each according to their own “estate” “part” “division” in His kingdom

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Rev 20:11**And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12**And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13**And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Evolution proceeds imperfectly by achieving minor changes over time that accumulate to achieve the next stage. Spiritual evolution is no different and your insightful interpretations of the scriptures from that perspective are a valuable addition to this forum Meerkat.

Unfortunately, very few are ready or able to discern the "spiritual solid food" you attempt to reveal. It seems too disrespectful of the many generations that preceded us to expose their spiritual errors and accept a more refined understanding of God and our relationship to Him.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:27 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Evolution proceeds imperfectly by achieving minor changes over time that accumulate to achieve the next stage. Spiritual evolution is no different and your insightful interpretations of the scriptures from that perspective are a valuable addition to this forum Meerkat.

Unfortunately, very few are ready or able to discern the "spiritual solid food" you attempt to reveal. It seems too disrespectful of the many generations that preceded us to expose their spiritual errors and accept a more refined understanding of God and our relationship to Him.
Exactly

It is not my insights as such though mystic, what I offer has been developed from all the bits and pieces that everyone on this forum have brought to the “table” along with reading where the Scriptures came from, I just look at it all and try to reflect upon all the different perspectives, not myself being judge and jury

Old 08-04-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Exactly

It is not my insights as such though mystic, what I offer has been developed from all the bits and pieces that everyone on this forum have brought to the “table” along with reading where the Scriptures came from, I just look at it all and try to reflect upon all the different perspectives, not myself being judge and jury
That is the value of these fora, Meerkat, and it exposes the major drawback of dogma. When consideration is restricted to dogmatic points of view developed by prior generations and mindsets there can be no progress or evolution of understanding. Jesus clearly expected that we would not stay drinking "carnal milk."

Unfortunately, that's exactly what we have done using the excuse that it is a sign of our faith in God!! That is what has caused the stagnation at the "carnal milk" level of understanding and the rejection as heresy even considering a more "spiritual solid food" level of understanding.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:42 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
It is the "sincere milk of the word" (1 Peter 2:1-3)...

And, it should be clear that we continue to drink milk even after we are fully-grown.

1Pe 2:1, Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3, If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
It is the "sincere milk of the word" (1 Peter 2:1-3)...

And, it should be clear that we continue to drink milk even after we are fully-grown.

1Pe 2:1, Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3, If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
We disagree on who the Word IS, JBF. You are drinking the spiritual milk of the Bible and ignoring spiritual solid food. I am drinking the mature spiritual wine and eating the spiritual solid food of the crucified Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
We disagree on who the Word IS, JBF. You are drinking the spiritual milk of the Bible and ignoring spiritual solid food. I am drinking the mature spiritual wine and eating the spiritual solid food of the crucified Lord Jesus Christ.
No; for I agree that Jesus is the Word (capital "W").

However, when the word is spoken of in holy scripture (small "w") it is speaking of holy scripture (the Protestant kjv Bible).

Old 08-05-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
No; for I agree that Jesus is the Word (capital "W").

However, when the word is spoken of in holy scripture (small "w") it is speaking of holy scripture (the Protestant kjv Bible).
If the scriptures written by men were sufficient to understand God, Jesus's unambiguous demonstration of God's agape love and His efforts to correct their misunderstanding would NOT have been needed!

Old 08-05-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
If the scriptures written by men were sufficient to understand God, Jesus's unambiguous demonstration of God's agape love and His efforts to correct their misunderstanding would NOT have been needed!
You do not originally hear about Jesus' demonstration of God's agape love, except in the pages of holy scripture.

But you presume it upon yourself that you are an adequate judge of what verses in holy scripture are in conjunction with God's agape love.

And yet there are certain verses, that are not against that standard, that you also reject; because those verses actually substantiate the idea that the whole of the Bible is inspired of God and is therefore in conjunction with God's idea of agape love; even if in your own carnal understanding you cannot understand how justice and judgment can be in accordance with that.

Scripture is clear:

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity