Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 09:46 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You once said Paul was a crackpot. If you believe what you have posted here, I'm afraid the reality of the Law has escaped you and the crackpot is in the mirror.

This is pure self-righteousness on display!
Kinda like Jesus calling himself the son of God you mean!

“It is enough for the disciple to become as the teacher, the slave to be like his master.”

“You are the light of the world.”

Notice Jesus wants His followers to be just like Him.

Christianity prevents it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Whoopdy doo. Even the Pharisees could keep commandments. There's nothing great in that. But look at their hearts and how they lived. Busted!

God had a people trying to live under the law, and everyone failed. Jesus came with a new way. Maybe someday you'll get a clue as to what mattered to Jesus.
You really have no idea what your talking about.

Once you have the light walk in the light so you will see glory of the One who lives.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
For once Charlie, I agree with you

It could have been written "Look at me boasting. Look at what I can do. Now all you others explain yourselves." Reminds me of that scripture that talks about those standing tall and boasting, that they be careful because they may topple over.
I have to admit this isn’t what I intended. I’m not boasting. I’m not wired that way. I put down scripture that Jesus spoke and you guys blast me for saying I’ve done it. You should be commending me but instead you blast me just like the soldiers taunting Jesus to save himself.

Just trying to get you guys to the next level but your too caught up in the religious indoctrination.

Just trying to make you think about things Jesus said that people don’t concentrate on because it’s hard to comprehend.

Jesus didn’t say it because nobody could do it.

Anyone can do it. People are just thinking about it in the wrong way.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:10 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
According to 1 Peter 1:2, sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ (and therefore justification, Romans 5:9) is something that happens alongside of obedience and after we have been sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

There is also a sanctification by the blood (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7); while sanctification by the Spirit comes first.

First in our behaviour and then we are cleansed from all sin according to holy scripture.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:13 PM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Christians are out own worst enemies. All we do is argue with each other and defend our own positions. I don't see how Christ is pleased with that.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Christians are out own worst enemies. All we do is argue with each other and defend our own positions. I don't see how Christ is pleased with that.
This was in response to what?

Old 08-11-2021, 11:31 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
This was in response to what?
The constant arguments between the “combatants” on the threads I would think

Old 08-12-2021, 02:09 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Kinda like Jesus calling himself the son of God you mean!

“It is enough for the disciple to become as the teacher, the slave to be like his master.”

“You are the light of the world.”

Notice Jesus wants His followers to be just like Him.

Christianity prevents it.
Law vs Grace 101/ taught by the master of Law, the Apostle Paul, as given to him by Christ.

Rom. 8:2-4
"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

The two most powerful laws in the universe.

1)The Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus

2)The Law of sin and death

Every person who has ever lived on earth will fall into one of these categories of Law.

Paul brings these two Laws to our attention to explain Grace and The Law of Moses.

He compares the Law of Moses as walking after the flesh, and Grace as walking after the Spirit. (vs. 4)

What the Law of Moses could not do (vs. 3) in that it was weak through the flesh, is referring to trying to live by the Law apart from the New Covenant in Christ. It is living by ones own will power to keep the Laws of God and man cannot do it. That's how the Law of Moses was weak and could not offer salvation to any man through his own doing!

The New Covenant is faith in Christ and what He did on the Cross for us, this faith in Christ is walking in the Spirit with all the benefits of Grace and mercy when we fail, but cannot be found in the Law of Moses which only could point to Christ for mercy in the Sacrificial System of the Law.

When we fail to keep the required 10 commandments of the Law in the New Covenant faith, we have an advocate with the Father in Christ Jesus (1 Jn. 2:1) that covers that sin in mercy and grace by faith, He ever lives to make intersession for us, (Heb. 7:25), but not so under Law, you are forever condemned under the breaking of that Law with no mercy, and that is where the Sacrificial System of the Law steps in before Christ. The faith in that sacrifice saved them from the curse of the Law, which they could not keep.

But Paul tells is we are no longer under the Law, but under the Grace of the New Covenant in Christ's Blood!

Old 08-12-2021, 03:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
So you can keep the 10 commandment perfectly? Didn't James say whoever breaks one commandment of the Law has broken all the commandments?

Didn't Jesus show us that keeping the Law is impossible? Ever seen that drop dead gorgeous thing in her heels and short skirt walking down the sidewalk? For a split second you had that wrong thought!

What did Jesus say about that?

Matt. 5:28

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Now you are guilty of the whole Law of God and condemned! There is no grace, there is no mercy in Law!

So, you can keep the Law and all is well?
When did he say that no one is able to keep the law perfectly?...

Old 08-12-2021, 03:38 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
When did he say that no one is able to keep the law perfectly?...
I said He showed us not said it!

Did you ever notice that when Christ explained the Law and gave deeper meaning of keeping it, that He showed us how utterly impossible it is to keep it?

Read Matt. 5:21-22, Matt. 5:27-28, Matt. 5:31-32, Matt. 5:33-37, Matt. 5:38-42, Matt. 5:43-48.

Then tell me you have kept the Law perfectly according to Christ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity