Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 04:59 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and my Father will love him and I will love him and reveal myself to him.

This is who Jesus reveals himself to. He doesn’t reveal himself in a Mystical trans or while traveling in the desert like Paul the so called great Apostle.

No he reveals himself to the meek and merciful who keep His word and walk in His law.

As Jesus said; “Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me.”

Do you keep His commandments?

If so, has he revealed himself to you?

Describe.

Jesus said: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

I do that Free. Great subject for sure, really identifies Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 07:32 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
“He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and my Father will love him and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” This is who Jesus reveals himself to. He doesn’t reveal himself in a Mystical trans or while traveling in the desert like Paul the so called great Apostle. No he reveals himself to the meek and merciful who keep His word and walk in His law. As Jesus said; “Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me.”
Do you keep His commandments? If so, has he revealed himself to you? Describe.
Jesus did revealed who he was to the Apostles as well as to Paul. if he hadn't ,they wouldn't had became his true followers. as well as gain a Heavenly calling. the question should be, do we keep HIS Father's Commandments? EVERYTHING Jesus told us, he said it WASN'T from himself, but his Father ,(John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). Jesus has revealed himself to those who follow him, by means of his words we read. Jesus said these words concerning his true followers ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

MANY who claim to "believe" in Jesus, isn't really "FOLLOWING" Jesus. meaning they are NOT denying themselves. there are some who refuse to get to know his Father, the "ONLY TRUE GOD, (John 17:3). by saying that Jesus is the true God, even though Jesus had said this ,(John 13:16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him). MANY love the world and everything that's in it, more than they love his Father ,(1John 2:15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you). NOR do they really listen to Jesus words ,(Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?).

look around!... MANY who claim to be followers of Jesus follows the teachings and traditions of the world,(Colo.2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ). they have NOT yet clean themselves of certain acts that will NOT get them into Jehovah God's Kingdom. such as "fornicators, sexually immoral people, Adultery, hatred, Homosexuality." anything that's wrong in Jehovah's and Jesus eyes, (1John 5:17, Ephesians 5:4,5 ,Galatians 5:19-21 ,Thessalonians 4:3 and 1Cor. 6:9,10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God).

lastly Jesus says that his followers are NOT of this world, as he wasn't ,(John 17:16-19 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sake I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth). meaning neither accepted the ways of this world. because both knew that the world, (as in those being control), belongs to satan, (1John 5:19 We know we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one). see also (John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out). so we shouldn't just HEAR his words but obey them ,(James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves). peace

Old 08-12-2021, 08:26 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
“He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and my Father will love him and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”
This is who Jesus reveals himself to. He doesn’t reveal himself in a Mystical trans or while traveling in the desert like Paul the so called great Apostle.
No he reveals himself to the meek and merciful who keep His word and walk in His law.
As Jesus said; “Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me.”
Describe.
I found Him first as you show the gospel states, but also found Him deeper in other experiences.

I would be careful claiming what Jesus "doesn't do" (bolded),
suggesting the above is the 'only' way,
after all, the scriptures show many examples where Jesus makes Himself -His power/glory known to some,
even at just the pleading (intercession/prayer) of others,
and commands us to pray for one another just the same!

Last edited by CCCyou; 08-12-2021 at 09:09 AM..

Old 08-12-2021, 08:49 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
“He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and my Father will love him and I will love him and reveal myself to him.

Describe.
He did reveal himself to Paul. And Paul kept his commandments, including preaching Jesus for salvation, and planting churches.

Why would we want to disregard that?

Old 08-12-2021, 06:27 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He did reveal himself to Paul. And Paul kept his commandments, including preaching Jesus for salvation, and planting churches.

Why would we want to disregard that?
Paul was an imposter. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with His words and all of God’s words.

Paul never used Jesus’ words thereby nullifying Him as a follower. He made up his own doctrine replacing Jesus’ doctrine with his own.

It is hard to believe just like it was hard for the Jews to believe Jesus.

I get it, after all I thought Paul was genuine before too. I grew beyond that. Remember when Jesus was telling the disciples about a women giving birth. About growing pains. Well here it is.

Time to grow!

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

Time to be the good shepherd.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Paul was an imposter. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with His words and all of God’s words.
YOU are the imposter. YOU pretend you have been sent directly from God with nothing but your ignorant interpretation that by parroting the words in the Bible you are representing God and what He wants from us.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:00 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
YOU are the imposter. YOU pretend you have been sent directly from God with nothing but your ignorant interpretation that by parroting the words in the Bible you are representing God and what He wants from us.
OH. Right we are supposed to believe in mystic trances.

I quote Jesus as He instructed and you mock Him as you mock me.

Jesus was a parrot too!! He claimed to be speaking the words God gave Him just as all prophets do.

You on the other hand refuse His words but claim Him as your savior. Sorry, it doesn’t fly little birdie.

As it is written; “The LORD is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.”

Old 08-12-2021, 08:23 PM

11,510 posts, read 6,027,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
This was in response to what?
This...

Quote:
You really have no idea what your talking about.

Once you have the light walk in the light so you will see glory of the One who lives.
And this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The constant arguments between the “combatants” on the threads I would think
CONSTANT arguing, insults, name-calling, put-downs, and combativeness in all of the threads discussing any aspect of Christianity. Every thread comes to blows and descends into a fight.

Jesus would not approve. "Love your enemy". "Turn the other cheek". I rarely see that on a Christian thread. It is eventually just one big fight.

I understand that emotions run high because the stakes are so high, but there is way too much intolerance. There is a lot of "my way is the only way, go to hell if you don't think my way" on these threads. It would not be what Jesus would want.

Now watch, somebody will quote Matthew 21:12 with Jesus overturning the money changers tables in the Temple to show that even Jesus was intolerant.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:01 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
This...
And this...
CONSTANT arguing, insults, name-calling, put-downs, and combativeness in all of the threads discussing any aspect of Christianity. Every thread comes to blows and descends into a fight.

Jesus would not approve. "Love your enemy". "Turn the other cheek". I rarely see that on a Christian thread. It is eventually just one big fight.

I understand that emotions run high because the stakes are so high, but there is way too much intolerance. There is a lot of "my way is the only way, go to hell if you don't think my way" on these threads. It would not be what Jesus would want.

Now watch, somebody will quote Matthew 21:12 with Jesus overturning the money changers tables in the Temple to show that even Jesus was intolerant.
Our hearts are invariably revealed by what we are willing to defend and assert about God. We will account for what is in our hearts, NOT what book we believed and promoted. Religion is not about believing the right "precepts and doctrines of men." That is entirely of human origin. God has no interest in any of it. For a Christian, God as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ wants agape love from us, period.

Those Christians who promote anything else are anti-Christ. It is sheer human vanity and hubris to think we know precisely what God wants us to believe ABOUT Him. But for a Christian, He definitely wants us to believe His Son Jesus and His unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:21 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:

Describe.
what a load of garbage.

He reveals himself to sinner all the time and those who keep his commandment are those whom He has already revealed himself to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity