Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 08:20 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All ideas about the Trinity are off-topic
Well, that's true.

Quote:
and irrational anyway!!!
As for your inability to accept the truthfulness of the Trinity, the problem is with you. . .not with the concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Well, you're wrong. The 3rd person of the Trinity is the Holy Spirit and he is not the Father who is the 1st person of the Trinity. Nor did the 3rd person of the Trinity incarnate. It was the 2nd person of the Trinity who incarnated. Jesus is the 2nd person of the Trinity. Not the Holy Spirit.

God is one in essence, not in person.

Your ideas about the Trinity are heretical. Period.
Wrong.

Your ideas about the Trinity are heretical. They fall in the category of Tri-theism.

We have one God (James 2:19) who incarnated in flesh, becoming the 2nd Person of the Trinity, primarily being distinct from the Father because He is come in flesh; being the same Spirit as the Father (John 4:23-24, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4).

I am not denying, by the way, that the Holy Ghost is distinct from the Father.

What is the origins of the Holy Ghost? it is that God is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4); even God the Father (John 4:23-24).

It is that same Spirit who became Jesus Christ and who dwelt in Jesus Christ (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

Then, Jesus released that same Spirit back to the Father who dwells outside of time (Isaiah 57:15) and who, in the descending to become Jesus Christ, did not cease to dwell outside of time (see Ephesians 3:11).

Thus the Father, under the title of Holy Ghost, dwelt side-by-side with the Father in eternity; as it is written,

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with <the Father> and the Word was <the Father>" (John 1:1)

Which is algebraically inferred from such passages as Romans 15:6, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:6, and James 3:9 (kjv).

Quote:
All ideas about the Trinity are off-topic and irrational anyway!!!
Not necessarily off-topic when one of the main contentions of the Jehovah's Witnesses, in declaring that God's name is Jehovah, is to deny the Trinity.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-17-2021 at 10:44 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 12:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Another, Pagan concept that entered Christianity in order to reconcile all the various beliefs of multiple gods.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:58 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A name is not who you are, names can be changed - it's merely what people call you.

In Jehovah's case that is not true sir. Jehovah personally selected His name. Why? It has meaning! It means causes to become. No other god can say that, as Jehovah is the sole creator.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
In Jehovah's case that is not true sir. Jehovah personally selected His name. Why? It has meaning! It means causes to become. No other god can say that, as Jehovah is the sole creator.
I am who I am, and always will be.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am who I am, and always will be.
I will be what I will be...

Old 08-19-2021, 03:03 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I will be what I will be...
That is a step in the right direction, Richard! But the scripture plainly shows us you will not get there on the premises of being numbered among the Jews, who God gave the Law, and the promises through your fathers.

Oh no! There is something else you must do in accepting His chosen Redeemer for all of mankind. Without that all is lost, even for the Jew!

Old 08-19-2021, 08:57 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That is a step in the right direction, Richard! But the scripture plainly shows us you will not get there on the premises of being numbered among the Jews, who God gave the Law, and the promises through your fathers.

Oh no! There is something else you must do in accepting His chosen Redeemer for all of mankind. Without that all is lost, even for the Jew!
::Sigh:: This is wrong on so many levels, Charlie. What Jesus accomplished has no conditional acceptance clause in it. Whether or not we individually benefit BEYOND our salvation is dependent on what we BECOME spiritually and how closely it resonates with the perfect Holy Spirit of agape love achieved by Jesus. When will we stop trying to be "Special" in God's eyes over everyone else????

Old 08-19-2021, 08:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I speak English sir, and write it as well, therefore when I use God's name it will be in the English form of Jehovah.
Crazy that a guy that seems so concerned about God's name is ok with knowingly mispronouncing it.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:01 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
::Sigh:: This is wrong on so many levels, Charlie. What Jesus accomplished has no conditional acceptance clause in it. Whether or not we individually benefit BEYOND our salvation is dependent on what we BECOME spiritually and how closely it resonates with the perfect Holy Spirit of agape love achieved by Jesus. When will we stop trying to be "Special" in God's eyes over everyone else????
Lord, Mystic, this is like a broken record. I'll continue to play the broken record by asking you to show me that in scripture. That's how we fundies operate, by the Word of Almighty God.

So go ahead and show me that's what He wants. If you can't, isn't it time to replace that broken record?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity