Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 03:18 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Until you tell us how you know what is inspired and what is not, no one will listen to your rantings.
I told you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Paul's words to Timothy are in fact inspired.

For Jesus substantiated Peter's writings in John 14:26, 16:13.

Peter substantiated Paul's writings in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

And Paul substantiated the rest of the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
Not at all. Why do you think Jesus kept saying to Peter to feed His sheep and that Peter would be unable to complete his mission.

The disciples were proxy’s. Jesus used them as stand ins for His future genuine disciples. They were never intended to succeed.

I will build what they could not.

“No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.”

Old 08-15-2021, 03:29 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I told you!
You can't ignorantly believe that you know what words to parrot just because you parrot them???? You did not answer and I am absolutely certain you have no answer. You are clueless.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You can't ignorantly believe that you know what words to parrot just because you parrot them???? You did not answer and I am absolutely certain you have no answer. You are clueless.
So you think you know because you have a so called Holy Spirit of agape love. Just admit it you made that up. What a croc of nothingness. There is no agape love. Gods love is in the son.
Your not him sooooo.

Son of man up. Be the parrot Jesus was. You can’t because your not among His sheep.

“and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water.”

No rivers of living water from your heart so your no believer.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:54 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
So you think you know because you have a so called Holy Spirit of agape love. Just admit it you made that up. What a croc of nothingness. There is no agape love. Gods love is in the son.
Your not him sooooo.
Son of man up. Be the parrot Jesus was. You can’t because your not among His sheep.
“and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water.”
No rivers of living water from your heart so your no believer.
My son, if Meerkat is correct about you, I have been alive about 5 times longer than you have and I have made nothing up. I don't have time or need for any such nonsense. But if you want to follow Jesus, you must TRY to emulate His agape love (no matter how imperfectly) as often as you can. Parroting words will not avail you much good because you know not of what you speak.

You cannot do anything wrong in God's eyes if you act out of agape love and sincere concern and consideration for its impact on everybody involved. What determines the spiritual import of whatever you do is what is in your mind and heart, NOT any specific set of rules or behaviors that are in themselves sinful or not. God Bless you, son.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Not at all. Why do you think Jesus kept saying to Peter to feed His sheep and that Peter would be unable to complete his mission.

The disciples were proxy’s. Jesus used them as stand ins for His future genuine disciples. They were never intended to succeed.

I will build what they could not.

“No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.”
Where in holy scripture did Jesus say that Peter would be unable to complete his mission?

Old 08-15-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Where in holy scripture did Jesus say that Peter would be unable to complete his mission?
John 21:18 NRS

Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go."

Old 08-15-2021, 10:41 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
John 21:18 NRS

Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go."
That does not say what you think it says.

Everybody dies some day.

Did you read the next verse?

Jhn 21:18, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
Jhn 21:19, This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:41 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is clearly a Person who has a mind and makes intercession for us; whether you identify Him as a "He" or an "It".

The holy spirit is not a being sir. Jesus told his apostles that he would send a helper, perhaps you agree that he was talking about the holy spirit, that was fulfilled on the following Pentecost, a person did not come rather God's holy spirit was poured out upon them. The account is found in Acts chap 2. Jehovah has sent many angels historically who did appear in person, but the holy spirit never has. It might help to research the words Ruach and Pneuma to see how they are translated, plus how the holy spirit has played in to God's purpose historically.

Several words are personified in the Bible. Wisdom for example in Pro chap 8. We feel however that is referring to Jesus.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:47 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What verse? Can you give me a single verse with it?

* Son.

He's the 2nd Person of the Trinity, God the Son.

The Holy Spirit is mentioned. He has a will, can speak, and can be lied to, as we see in Acts 5. And, as Peter says, He's God.

I am actually shocked BF that you are unaware of that. Sure:
(Isaiah 42:8) 8 I am Jehovah. That is my name. . .
(Matthew 1:20, 21) . . .Jehovah’s angel appeared to him in a dream, saying: “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take your wife Mary home, for what has been conceived in her is by holy spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus,. . .

Peter does not say the holy spirit is God sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity