Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 07:46 AM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times

Advertisements

Google search brings up stay at home moms, stay at home single dads and other's related to covid. Stay at home is getting the covid results.

Give us an easy to understand definition: What is a stay at home Christian. Sure it's a Christian who stays home since millions of pastors have told the world that you don't get to heaven by going to church. This may be why the % of the world population that is Christian is falling. I think it's around 39% this year.

Putting aside "you don't get to heaven by going to church"
we'd like a more easy to understand biblical or other reference to the term "stay as home Christian." Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 10:27 AM

11,106 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Many stay at home - and avoid church - because of all the nonsense they witness going on these days (political posturing, judging those outside the walls of the church, speaking in tongues, simpleton songs repeating the same few words dozens of times, etc.)

Staying away from church might be the best and healthiest move a authentic Christian could make. And it has nothing to do with COVID. There are other kinds of sicknesses and diseases (mentally, socially, spiritually) that one might pick up in that environment.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-30-2021 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-30-2021, 01:55 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
It has nothing to do with COVID

Stay at home mom, dad, etc predated COVID and is where the house and children are looked after - it is a good thing!

You seem to be making out that it is not valuable

Western society has become so focused on productivity and money and careers that there has developed a need for both parents to work, and being at home looking after the children is now looked on as not essential or valuable in its own right and is becoming a put down

Stay at home Christian would be a Christian who stayed with a simple belief/faith and did not buy into all the hype and agenda that is going around as Thoreau says in his post, however I do believe that the individual churches are the “home” for many Christians which are being influenced by the denominational hype and agendas so for some sometimes it’s best to remove yourself from your original “home”

It is a natural process for children to mature and leave parents and make there own way in the world, and for the past 2000 years there has been this natural generational cycles for Christianity, diversifying itself

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-30-2021 at 02:09 PM..

Old 08-30-2021, 02:08 PM

11,106 posts, read 7,174,871 times
^ Good post above. Yes, we don't need to be creating issues that aren't there. Some seem incredibly bored, either to investigate matters before running with them, or in need of stirring up bogus matters to keep themselves awake.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:12 PM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Many stay at home - and avoid church - because of all the nonsense they witness going on these days (political posturing, judging those outside the walls of the church, speaking in tongues, simpleton songs repeating the same few words dozens of times, etc.)

Staying away from church might be the best and healthiest move a authentic Christian could make. And it has nothing to do with COVID. There are other kinds of sicknesses and diseases (mentally, socially, spiritually) that one might pick up in that environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

Stay at home mom, dad, etc predated COVID and is where the house and children are looked after - it is a good thing!

You seem to be making out that it is not valuable

Western society has become so focused on productivity and money and careers that there has developed a need for both parents to work, and being at home looking after the children is now looked on as not essential or valuable in its own right and is becoming a put down

Stay at home Christian would be a Christian who stayed with a simple belief/faith and did not buy into all the hype and agenda that is going around as Thoreau says in his post, however I do believe that the individual churches are the “home” for many Christians which are being influenced by the denominational hype and agendas so for some sometimes it’s best to remove yourself from your original “home”

It is a natural process for children to mature and leave parents and make there own way in the world, and for the past 2000 years there has been this natural generational cycles for Christianity, diversifying itself

Old 08-30-2021, 02:26 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
I have not been to church for a while as my job is very strict and takes the temperature every shift and no matter vaccine or not, masks are required, and threat of infection with laid off for weeks, so I Miss church for my job ....... Actually going to Church is a blessing as the people will pray for Christians which have good gifts of the Lord, and the people who go to church will see their family and all believers are family ..... Still there are many in the church who believe that the vaccine is the mark of the beast, and it is reported that this spiritual abuse against God as God has to round up more antichrist devils because it is not God time for the end time yet .... See, God has to fix the mistakes of His children, just like parents have to fix the mistakes of their children ...

Old 08-30-2021, 02:29 PM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

Yes you are on the right track of our understanding why some Christians begin to stay home on Sunday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You misunderstood. Google searches for stay at home Christians got results linked to stay at home single moms and dads and Covid. Single dads, moms, covid have nothing to do with the question.

It's about why Christians are staying home on Sundays.

Old 08-30-2021, 04:03 PM

88,620 posts, read 84,875,076 times
My reason is simple. I really like the priest as a person, but his sermons are annoying and I can't relate to them.

Old 08-30-2021, 05:37 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My reason is simple. I really like the priest as a person, but his sermons are annoying and I can't relate to them.
I can relate to that

Old 09-04-2021, 08:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
I've never met a Christian that didn't go to church that wasn't "off" in their theology. They always have something strange in their beliefs. Their reasons for not going to church are seldom what they say it is. The bottom line is that they usually just prefer to sleep in and not go out of their way to grow spiritually while meeting for encouragement, and to encourage others. It's selfishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity