Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:00 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
You do realize Jesus forgave those who did that to him right?
Are you familiar with the concept of contrition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Yes, God is ever ready to forgive. He is patient and long suffering.

Unfortunately, it doesn't follow that everyone wants forgiveness or wants anything to do with God if it means giving up their treasured pet sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 10:06 AM

1,001 posts, read 789,762 times
because it is direct disloyalty to Deity.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:58 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yet, you can actually believe God is punishing anyone! What good does punishment do especially if it never ends or produces any positive outcome??? A lot of us become attached to our treasured pet sins and we eventually suffer the consequences, if not here on earth, then after death.

But they are consequences we have earned or brought on ourselves. They have nothing to do with God, or sin, or punishment! God would prefer we not be so stupid and incur the consequences. God actually wants us to BECOME what we are supposed to become without incurring any negative consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The point is this! Jesus came the first time as a Lamb prepared for the slaughter, as Isaiah said. The Jews were looking for a warrior Messiah to deliver them from Rome. They believed they were already saved by being given the Law. But Jesus came to make it possible for all men to be saved, including the Jews, for the scripture says that both the Jew and Gentile are counted in unbelief.

Jesus plainly said that He came not to judge but to give Himself a sacrifice for man. At the Second Coming of Christ we see a different Messiah, the warrior Messiah the Jews looked for the first time but rejected.

This time He is the Judge of man, He does take out wrath on man as clearly seen in Revelation. You can ignore this Messiah of Judgement if you like, Mystic, but the scripture shows us exactly what He will do.

Of course, the entire problem is that you don't believe the scripture, you do not see this Messiah of Judgement in scripture because you have chosen not to see Him! Those who are in Christ, who have been washed in His blood see Him clearly for there can be no mistake of this in scripture.
You can claim to be "in Christ," Charlie, but if you are not in the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness, you are NOT! You spend a lot of time in states of mind that are the exact OPPOSITE of Christ's Holy Spirit. That should worry you, but you are actually proud of it.

You seem to relish and look forward to a warrior Jesus coming in the future. You accept the interpretations of scripture using the context of a War God instead of the God of Jesus Christ. You do not know either God or Jesus, IMO.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
You can claim to be "in Christ," Charlie, but if you are not in the states of mind associated with His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness, you are NOT! You spend a lot of time in states of mind that are the exact OPPOSITE of Christ's Holy Spirit. That should worry you, but you are actually proud of it.

You seem to relish and look forward to a warrior Jesus coming in the future. You accept the interpretations of scripture using the context of a War God instead of the God of Jesus Christ. You do not know either God or Jesus, IMO.
I am in Christ for the reason the scripture states, my faith in Christ!

Eph. 2:8

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

The War God you refer to has nothing to do with salvation! The state of mind you refer to is one of faith and not all that extra baggage junk you add!

You are so sold on UR that you will change any and everything to keep your dream alive.

God is not pleased with this, Mystic! You will pay the piper for leading others astray, bottom line!

Old 09-11-2021, 01:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
You will pay the piper for leading others astray, bottom line!
So, your reason for being on this forum is to condemn others.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have no power to condemn, you should know that! In order to condemn you must have the power to execute. What I am saying is not condemnation, it is the promise of God that I'm reminding you of.

We need to understand these things before we accuse another of something they are not doing!

Old 09-11-2021, 01:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
I have no power to condemn, you should know that! In order to condemn you must have the power to execute. What I am saying is not condemnation, it is the promise of God that I'm reminding you of.

We need to understand these things before we accuse another of something they are not doing!
But isn't seeing yourself as a sinner, self-condemnation?

Old 09-11-2021, 01:50 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Quote:
I am in Christ for the reason the scripture states, my faith in Christ!
Eph. 2:8
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

The War God you refer to has nothing to do with salvation! The state of mind you refer to is one of faith and not all that extra baggage junk you add!
You are so sold on UR that you will change any and everything to keep your dream alive.
God is not pleased with this, Mystic! You will pay the piper for leading others astray, bottom line!
Be honest, Charlie, if you found out that I am correct in my understanding of the True Nature of God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross and there is no piper to pay for it, will you be disappointed???

Old 09-11-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Be honest, Charlie, if you found out that I am correct in my understanding of the True Nature of God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross and there is no piper to pay for it, will you be disappointed???
I'm not for anybody missing out on anything God has to offer! But as long as you think you have nothing to be forgiven for Mystic, you can't be forgiven. We all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, that's why Jesus had to come on our behalf.

I'm telling you from 25 years of scriptural study, that will not get you into heaven! If we don't repent of our sins it has been made clear in scripture we will remain separated from God!

So the answer to your question is that I know for a fact you are not right! I'm sorry to say!

Old 09-11-2021, 02:19 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Are you familiar with the concept of contrition?
he forgave them without them being contrite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity