Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 02:30 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I'm not for anybody missing out on anything God has to offer! But as long as you think you have nothing to be forgiven for Mystic, you can't be forgiven. We all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, that's why Jesus had to come on our behalf.

I'm telling you from 25 years of scriptural study, that will not get you into heaven! If we don't repent of our sins it has been made clear in scripture we will remain separated from God!

So the answer to your question is that I know for a fact you are not right! I'm sorry to say!
Well, if you know it for a FACT, that is certainly impressive. How did it become fact and not just your firm belief and conviction???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 03:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well, if you know it for a FACT, that is certainly impressive. How did it become fact and not just your firm belief and conviction???
1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

If we don't confess our sins, He cannot forgive them!

Old 09-11-2021, 03:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

If we don't confess our sins, He cannot forgive them!
Nothing in that verse says, he cannot forgive them.
You are reading more into it, then what is there.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Nothing in that verse says, he cannot forgive them.
You are reading more into it, then what is there.
OK, Jerwade, we are talking about initial salvation here!

If you think God forgives sin without your acknowledging those sins, you have missed the boat!

Acts 3:19

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,"

Repent means to turn from those sins, to change your ways! That means you are acknowledging those sins exist. Those sins are what nailed Jesus to the Cross!

Old 09-11-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
OK, Jerwade, we are talking about initial salvation here!

If you think God forgives sin without your acknowledging those sins, you have missed the boat!

Acts 3:19

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,"

Repent means to turn from those sins, to change your ways! That means you are acknowledging those sins exist. Those sins are what nailed Jesus to the Cross!
What? Repenting and changing direction isn't good enough for your God?
Hurry, Charlie, you better run out and end the life of your firstborn child.

With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted G0D? Shall I come before him with – burnt offerings – with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams – with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgressions – the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does GOD require of you – only to do that which is just; and to love Mercy, walking humbly with him.

Micah 6:6-8, also read; Hosea 6:6, Proverbs 16:6, 21:3

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-11-2021 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-11-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
What? Repenting and changing direction isn't good enough for your God?
Hurry, Charlie, you better run out and end the life of your firstborn child.

With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted G0D? Shall I come before him with – burnt offerings – with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams – with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgressions – the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does GOD require of you – only to do that which is just; and to love Mercy, walking humbly with him.

Micah 6:6-8, also read; Hosea 6:6, Proverbs 16:6, 21:3
Ok, Jerwade, we get your sarcasm! You know what it means, you just want to be that knucklehead!

Old 09-11-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, Jerwade, we get your sarcasm! You know what it means, you just want to be that knucklehead!
Read the Scriptures in their entirety with comprehension, Charlie, perhaps then you will have a better understanding.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Read the Scriptures in their entirety with comprehension, Charlie, perhaps then you will have a better understanding.
The understanding I have is good, but thanks anyway!

Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The understanding I have is good, but thanks anyway!
The understanding you hold is a syncretistic belief of fables and myth's that have been adopted by Christianism to frighten children.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:53 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
The understanding you hold is a syncretistic belief of fables and myth's that have been adopted by Christianism to frighten children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity