Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 04:50 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Why is it that a handful on this forum keep the fact of sin in the atmosphere! They won't let it go! We could all get along much better if sin was just dropped and we heard no more of it! Of course, I'm speaking mainly of myself!

Isa. 59:2

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

If you don't care of the things of God, and you are not concerned where you will spend eternity, then carry on with your attitude of sin is no big deal! But if you love the Lord and you thank Him for paying your sin debt, then I have something to say to you from the scripture.

Psalms 1:1-3

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

If you love the Lord you will agree with God!

Prov. 8:13

"The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

If it doesn't bother you that your sin, all of our sins have nailed our Lord to the Cross, then you stand in opposition to God the Father, you are separated from Him in transgressions and sin, and the wrath of God abides on you! Like it or not, deal with it or not, you will face God and give account for what you nave done with the Crucified One!

There can be bitterness or happiness with the Lord, that is all up to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 05:06 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Why is it that a handful on this forum keep the fact of sin in the atmosphere! They won't let it go! We could all get along much better if sin was just dropped and we heard no more of it! Of course, I'm speaking mainly of myself!

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

If you don't care of the things of God, and you are not concerned where you will spend eternity, then carry on with your attitude of sin is no big deal! But if you love the Lord and you thank Him for paying your sin debt, then I have something to say to you from the scripture.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

"The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

If it doesn't bother you that your sin, all of our sins have nailed our Lord to the Cross, then you stand in opposition to God the Father, you are separated from Him in transgressions and sin, and the wrath of God abides on you! Like it or not, deal with it or not, you will face God and give account for what you nave done with the Crucified One!

charlie that has nothing to do with what we believe about sin, you are just misrepresenting us again.

Hey that misrepresenting would be a sin, but that ok charlie I forgive you because you know not what you do.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
charlie that has nothing to do with what we believe about sin, you are just misrepresenting us again.

Hey that misrepresenting would be a sin, but that ok charlie I forgive you because you know not what you do.
Is it true what the scripture says? Does God really turn His face from us in our trespasses and sin that He will not hear us?

If so, what in your opinion will turn His face toward us, and accept us? What has the scripture to say about that? Or can we trust the scripture on this, pneuma?

Old 09-10-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Is it true what the scripture says? Does God really turn His face from us in our trespasses and sin that He will not hear us?

If so, what in your opinion will turn His face toward us, and accept us? What has the scripture to say about that? Or can we trust the scripture on this, pneuma?
It is not the scriptures that are in doubt charlie it is your understanding of them that is.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
It is not the scriptures that are in doubt charlie it is your understanding of them that is.
Show me where I err, pneuma.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Show me where I err, pneuma.
I have already many time charlie. But this was not about the scripture it was about your misrepresenting what we believe about sin.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
I have already many time charlie. But this was not about the scripture it was about your misrepresenting what we believe about sin.
I'm not familiar with what you believe about sin. Show me in scripture what you believe about sin and why.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:55 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:

What is the big deal about sin Charlie? In a word, DEATH.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
What is the big deal about sin Charlie? In a word, DEATH.
Yes, that's the end result according to scripture!

Old 09-10-2021, 06:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
It's always the other guy, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity