Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:07 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
This illustrates the slightly schizophrenic nature of the terms of service. As I understand the TOS, I am prohibited from saying, to you or highway54 or anyone else, "Well, you're simply not a Christian" even though I may firmly believe this.

By your interpretation, the TOS would prohibit Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else from so much as describing the core doctrines of their denomination. The "one true church" notion applies to one degree or another throughout Christianity, yet Jehovah's Witnesses are consistently singled out here for criticism and ridicule. Their beliefs are nowhere near as bizarre as Certain Churches I Could Mention, but they seem to be fair game for attack here.

The JW are actually pretty careful about saying that other Christian denominations don't worship the Christian God. This is more frequently said about the JW because they don't worship Jesus as part of a Trinity.

Playing the "TOS card" in these circumstances strikes me as pretty small. Actually, I just went through all of highway54's posts in this thread and don't see that he's said anything even close to violating the TOS. Quite the contrary.
There is nothing "small" about adhering to the rules for the Christianity forum as established by the forum Administrators, the human vanity, hubris, and perversity of religious believers notwithstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 11:54 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
I saw a mention of the LDS as I read from the last page, and go backwards.

I am rusty on some things, Isn't The Church of LDS what we used to call "Mormons?"

This, also, different than the Seventh-Day Adventists.
Yes, the LDS are the Mormon’s and different from the 7th Day Adventist’s

Each had their own part in the greater scheme of bringing things back to remembrance at a specific time - but then how they develop from that creates natural diversity which we see in Christianity (that was foretold)

Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves Christian, do they not?? Then they, like all here in this forum, worship the same God all other Christians worship. Any attempt to say otherwise is prohibited in this forum, so post your objections in the R&S forum.

Jehovah's witnesses are Christians sir, and worship the same God Jesus worshiped and instructed his followers to do so. Promoting any other god as being the God of Christians is unacceptable on a Christian website sir, so post your objections in the R&S forum.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:05 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
This illustrates the slightly schizophrenic nature of the terms of service. As I understand the TOS, I am prohibited from saying, to you or highway54 or anyone else, "Well, you're simply not a Christian" even though I may firmly believe this.

By your interpretation, the TOS would prohibit Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else from so much as describing the core doctrines of their denomination. The "one true church" notion applies to one degree or another throughout Christianity, yet Jehovah's Witnesses are consistently singled out here for criticism and ridicule. Their beliefs are nowhere near as bizarre as Certain Churches I Could Mention, but they seem to be fair game for attack here.

The JW are actually pretty careful about saying that other Christian denominations don't worship the Christian God. This is more frequently said about the JW because they don't worship Jesus as part of a Trinity.

Playing the "TOS card" in these circumstances strikes me as pretty small. Actually, I just went through all of highway54's posts in this thread and don't see that he's said anything even close to violating the TOS. Quite the contrary.

I want to thank you for your honesty Irkle

Old 10-11-2021, 10:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I want to thank you for your honesty Irkle
But it is not just this thread, and you know that! So, where is your integrity to be honest?

Old 10-11-2021, 07:28 PM

73 posts, read 41,744 times
Default Does this seem true for Christianity?

This was an Inspired thought guided to my mind...

You have everything you need or you would not be alive and that is something to express gratitude for to God in the name of Jesus Christ..Thoughts?

Old 10-11-2021, 07:42 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post

You have everything you need or you would not be alive and that is something to express gratitude for to God in the name of Jesus Christ..Thoughts?
It's a concept expressed in the Bible.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:14 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:

Quit starting new threads when a thought comes to your mind. Add posts here as appropriate.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:58 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Sorry, my mental disorder is apparently giving me issues. I don't even know my way around this site well yet. I'm trying to do missionary work, why are yall making it so difficult?
Whoaa, I am the resident crazy here.

I didnt really read the thread, but I did want to thank you for your service.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:00 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
There is a strange understanding of the trinity in LDS which can push people away from God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity