Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 03:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
I'm just planting seeds in faith and hope. I humbly request that you don't cast judgment on me, that's Jesus Christ's Job. Just telling people what I been through, lightly that is
Hope you have a good day!
Which one is correct?...

John 5:22 22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.

But, then states:

John 8:15 15You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 03:23 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Still Jesus gave His followers a parable of the fig leaf which is a sign of end times, But it may not be the end times that God gave us, but it could be the end times of people or nations as they know it

Old 09-18-2021, 05:45 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Moderator's Note:

Four threads started by the same member on the same day covering essentially the same topic (whatever that is) have been merged into one. When threads are merged, all the posts are placed on chronological order. Hopefully, there isn't too much confusion.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:32 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
In my opinion All Glory Goes to God according to Holy Bible, so in that statement it's God the Father is GOD as always..

Your opinion is correct according to the Bible, so does the Bible reveal His name sir?

Old 09-18-2021, 07:43 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Sincerely, DJ Child Of God & Full-time Missionary & Disabled Veteran PS: Sorry for my horrible grammar and if you would like to see my Missionary Work Website private message me!

"GOD and FATHER" are titles, God's NAME, satan wanted men to remove totally from the Bible. But "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" (English and Hebrew), refuse to let that happen. so he cause man to miss a few verses which included his Name. like (Exo. 6:3 " and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them"), AKJV. and the AVS ,(Psa. 83:18 "That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth").

you're so right! Jesus and "God the Father" are two separate beings. Jesus told us this when he said at (John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me). and here (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me).

the words on the US currency "in god we trust", ISN'T "backed by God", NOT Jehovah God! it's sacrilegious to say that when the governments really DON'T rely on God, but themselves! the reason for lowercase "G", is because I know it's satan who place man over man, NOT the TRUE GOD! and it doesn't matter whether man used "God" or "Jesus." the situation would still be the same, they would NOT rely on him either! peace

Old 10-04-2021, 12:23 PM

73 posts, read 41,744 times
Default I find myself torn inside of Christianity, what should I do?

I'm a growing believer, I just beat myself up so bad for falling into temptation. I just want to know how to Serve Jesus Christ better. I think this forum will be great for fellowship, do you agree?

Old 10-04-2021, 12:45 PM

73 posts, read 41,744 times
Default An expansion on Faith, Hope and Charity. Hope you enjoy!

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abideth faith (confidence, trust in a person), hope (anticipation), charity (generous actions), these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

The Apostle Paul taught that “faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1; see footnote b). Faith is a principle of action and power. ... Whenever you work toward a worthy goal, you exercise faith.

Hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation: to want something to happen or be true.

Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. The scriptures often speak of hope as anticipation of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. ... When we have hope, we trust God's promises.

Charity: Charity is the pure love of Christ. It is the love that Christ has for the children of men and that the children of men should have for one another. ... Charity is “the pure love of Christ,” or “everlasting love.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:48 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
And now abideth faith (confidence, trust in a person), hope (anticipation), charity (generous actions), these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

The Apostle Paul taught that “faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1; see footnote b). Faith is a principle of action and power. ... Whenever you work toward a worthy goal, you exercise faith.

Hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation: to want something to happen or be true.

Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. The scriptures often speak of hope as anticipation of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. ... When we have hope, we trust God's promises.

Charity: Charity is the pure love of Christ. It is the love that Christ has for the children of men and that the children of men should have for one another. ... Charity is “the pure love of Christ,” or “everlasting love.
Very nice

I would say that while we are to have strong belief that there is also a need to distinguish between the doctrines of a religion and that they do not put themselves above the Spirit that inspired them, that is what the formation/reformation, creation/recreation cycles are about

Old 10-04-2021, 12:52 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:

hey Mystic - I think you've got a disciple!

Old 10-04-2021, 12:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:

it's initiation path from being almost blind (looking thru a dark glass) to full knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity