Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 01:13 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
I'm a growing believer, I just beat myself up so bad for falling into temptation. I just want to know how to Serve Jesus Christ better. I think this forum will be great for fellowship, do you agree?
I would suggest you read the Psalms to reassure you of God’s love and forgiveness and find a local church to serve in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 01:16 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Heb_3:18 And to whom did he swear that they would not enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient?
Heb_4:1 Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.
Heb_4:3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, "As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest,'" although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

If you have ended up in a legalistic church that wants to see performance, that's not where its at.......believe that Jesus completed taking our sins away completely and REST in that knowledge that you are OK just where you're at..........

Old 10-04-2021, 01:17 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
I'm a growing believer, I just beat myself up so bad for falling into temptation. I just want to know how to Serve Jesus Christ better. I think this forum will be great for fellowship, do you agree?
What is your state in life?

Are you married, do you have children, do you have a job?

Old 10-04-2021, 01:25 PM

73 posts, read 41,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What is your state in life?

Are you married, do you have children, do you have a job?
I have a daughter that does not live with me. I'm Single and I'm on disability due to SchizoAffective Disorder

Old 10-04-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Heb_3:18 And to whom did he swear that they would not enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient?
Heb_4:1 Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.
Heb_4:3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, "As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest,'" although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.

If you have ended up in a legalistic church that wants to see performance, that's not where its at.......believe that Jesus completed taking our sins away completely and REST in that knowledge that you are OK just where you're at..........
But what about in Hebrews where it talks about after receiving the truth and going back in sin there is no more sacrifice?

Old 10-04-2021, 01:28 PM

I hope I become better at doing the Lord's will! Thanks for your help yall!

Old 10-04-2021, 01:30 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
But what about in Hebrews where it talks about after receiving the truth and going back in sin there is no more sacrifice?
What I see in Scripture is a layering

The assembling/collective is both a good and a bad depending on what their focus is - if it’s their own systems and glory it will be brought down, if it’s for the nurture of the people of God they will continue

Some of the things are not to individuals but to that greater assembling, what I do is try to keep my simple faith in God, and endeavour to live honestly with myself and others, and add on to that as I am able to take in more information and not force things

Old 10-04-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I'm a growing believer, I just beat myself up so bad for falling into temptation.
I've found that Sacramental Confession has a very powerful and profound sanctifying effect.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What I see in Scripture is a layering

The assembling/collective is both a good and a bad depending on what their focus is - if it’s their own systems and glory it will be brought down, if it’s for the nurture of the people of God they will continue

Some of the things are not to individuals but to that greater assembling, what I do is try to keep my simple faith in God, and endeavour to live honestly with myself and others, and add on to that as I am able to take in more information and not force things
How do I know what information I can trust? How do I know which translation of Bible I can trust?

Old 10-04-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
How do I know what information I can trust? How do I know which translation of Bible I can trust?
You go to the ones whom Jesus sent. He sent out His Apostles. His Apostles appointed successors. The successors to the Apostles can be found today.

Jesus did not establish a book. He established a Church. If you find the Church, you find Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity