Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 02:25 AM

73 posts, read 41,754 times

Advertisements

Topic 1: Do you think LDS is another denomination of Christianity? I ask because I'm not a member, but I have been investigating them and their beliefs for a while. Do you have any knowledge that might help me?

Topic 2: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God the Father, Do you? Also I feel very strongly that GOD is shirt for God The Father and Jesus Christ are two separate beings do you?

Topic 3: The currency of the United States of America is backed by In GOD We Trust. I find this interesting, because non believers use it all the time and it ranks the best on Earth... What do you think would happen if we added In Jesus Christ We Trust, to our currency?

Sincerely,
DJ
Child Of God & Full-time Missionary & Disabled Veteran

PS: Sorry for my horrible grammar and if you would like to see my Missionary Work Website private message me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 02:38 AM

Hope you enjoy this message!

Old 09-17-2021, 03:07 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Don't see that Jesus and God are two separate beings, The way I see God is, God the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are an essence and not a being, and all are three in one and not separate

Old 09-17-2021, 03:07 AM

Lightbulb This thread is about my personal testimonys of how I was converted! Hope you enjoy!

I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU CHECK THIS OUT FIRST PLEASE
Heres a link to my City-Data Missionary Work Album: //www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-pictures.html

1st: I prayed in my mind and opened my Holy Bible without looking and pointed and when I opened my eyes God had answered my question. This happened to me many times, especially when you ask the question in the name of Jesus Christ!

2nd: I realized that God The Father gives you feelings that leads to thoughts which is then guided by your decision to make an action.

3rd: I have prayed for body pain to go away in the name of Jesus Christ and the pain went away immediately.

4th: I got a feeling that lead to a thought about making up a language in my head and the Lord Jesus Christ would know what I was saying and would help me feel better about things that where bothering me that I didn't even realize. Realized I was relaying everything to the only Judge and he was purging me of my sins...

5th: I started hearing a still calm voice like someone was on the other side of a pillow saying good job my son, this didn't happen until I prayed without ceasing. I literally pray in tongue in my mind from the time I wake up until I knock out on my night meds. I've been doing this for nearly 10 years..

6th: I prayed to God on my knees to show respect and I said I would be a full-time missionary if he would take care of my needs. 2 months later after being denied the first time I got approved for SSDI.

7th: I read Psalm 119: 25-32 and instantly I began feeling guilty of even stretching the truth. I sware it was like a chemistry experiment on my brain when I read where it says, "Remove from me the way of lying"

8th: I realized the fact that our currency in the United States of America ranks highest on planet because it says In GOD We Trust and every dollar spent gives glory to God, well it does if you express gratitude for its benefits in your life. ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD, THAT INCLUDES COMPLIMENTS!

9th: I opened the scriptures one day without looking and I pointed and when I opened my eyes I saw exceeding faith. I use to not even hope for things because I thought it had doubt attached to it, so I began hoping without doubt which lead to exceeding faith.

10th: More to come after I get more active on here!

I say all of this in the name of Jesus Christ!

PS: Once again sorry for my horrible grammar!

PSS: If you would like to see my missionary work online besides posts on City-data send me a private message!

Last edited by Nabors; 09-17-2021 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Images didn't show up on thread... and I added my City-Data Missionary Work Album Link.. and a typo

Old 09-17-2021, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Don't see that Jesus and God are two separate beings, The way I see God is, God the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are an essence and not a being, and all are three in one and not separate
In my opinion, while I respect yours I feel differently. Maybe this will give you another view..

1st: Jesus is recognized to be the Son of God on two occasions by a voice speaking from Heaven. Jesus is explicitly and implicitly described as the Son of God by himself and by various individuals who appear in the New Testament. Jesus is called "son of God," while followers of Jesus are called, "sons of God".

2nd: for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

3rd: It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me (John 8:17-18).

4th: "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work" (John 4:34).

5th: By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me (John 5:30).

This is just a little bit of what's known in the King James Version of the Holy Bible. What Bible do you read from?

I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ

Sincerely,
DJ
Child Of God & Full-time Missionary & Military Veteran

Last edited by Nabors; 09-17-2021 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 09-17-2021, 03:29 AM

Sorry, let's keep this going!

Last edited by Nabors; 09-17-2021 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Double post

Old 09-17-2021, 04:15 AM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
Topic 1: Do you think LDS is another denomination of Christianity? I ask because I'm not a member, but I have been investigating them and their beliefs for a while. Do you have any knowledge that might help me?

Topic 2: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God the Father, Do you? Also I feel very strongly that GOD is shirt for God The Father and Jesus Christ are two separate beings do you?

Topic 3: The currency of the United States of America is backed by In GOD We Trust. I find this interesting, because non believers use it all the time and it ranks the best on Earth... What do you think would happen if we added In Jesus Christ We Trust, to our currency?

Sincerely,
DJ

PS: Sorry for my horrible grammar and if you would like to see my Missionary Work Website private message me!
1, Of course they are Christian.

2, Of course I love Jesus, but I view him as a manifestation of God I think. The same way a branch is eventually connected to the roots. Both are a part of the tree with different functions.

3, I think it would speed up atheists talking about removing it all together since a change is being made.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:43 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post

Sincerely,
DJ

I generally start the conversation with who is God sir, so who is God?

Old 09-17-2021, 05:03 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
It looks like somebody isn't off to a very good start here. Read all the rules. Read the Terms Of Service.

Discussion of the doctrine of the Trinity is to take place is this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...erged-all.html

From the Terms Of Service: Signatures are disabled. Do not include "manual" signatures in your posts. You can put a lot of information in your profile instead.

Obviously, the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" is a Christian denomination. Here at City-Data, we don't question the validity of major Christian denominations.

The history of the use of "In God We Trust" on US currency is summarized here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust There is no plan to change it. US currency is backed by the faith and credit of the US government. It was backed by gold until the 1970s. We don't discuss politics here either.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:18 AM

Sorry, my mental disorder is apparently giving me issues. I don't even know my way around this site well yet. I'm trying to do missionary work, why are yall making it so difficult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity