Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do Christians believe the "mark of the beast" will be?
A literal mark of "666" in forehead or hand 10 10.99%
An RFID or micro-chip in forehead or hand 35 38.46%
A form of credit/ID card (to hold in the hand) 1 1.10%
Other option other than ones listed 45 49.45%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:18 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,498,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"I charge you therefore before God and Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all long-suffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." (2 Timothy versus 1-5). To God be the Glory.
Context? What are you trying to prove with this verse? Who wrote it? To whom was it written? What did it mean to those who first heard it or read it? What is the historical setting of this verse?

Thanks!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,647,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Context? What are you trying to prove with this verse? Who wrote it? To whom was it written? What did it mean to those who first heard it or read it? What is the historical setting of this verse?

Thanks!

Preterist
Preterist,
This is my thread and I would like to keep it on topic. If you do not believe in the mark of the beast, then there is no reason to be in this thread. It was directed to Christians who believe in it, and there is a poll to cast a vote if you do not believe in it.

I understand why Betsey quoted this scripture----it was in reference to the deceptions that are already here and in direct relation to the AntiChrist and his mark of deception.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
But DOTL, we are no longer under the law! Why would God change the rules and once again allow "things" to be a part of our salvation or damnation? In Christ only is our righteousness. Our destiny will never hinge on accepting or rejecting a certain earthly "thing".

"Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
Like I told Preterist, I would like to keep my thread on topic. I will address your question, but unless you are a believer in the mark of the beast, please take the poll and move on.

Those who are saved and living a Godly life will not have to worry about taking a mark because we will be raptured out before the rise of the AntiChrist. The Bible states that there will be those after the rapture who will come to Christ and they will be martyrs for Him by NOT taking the mark of the beast. The Bible clearly warns that taking the mark means eternal damnation.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:31 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,282,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Like I told Preterist, I would like to keep my thread on topic. I will address your question, but unless you are a believer in the mark of the beast, please take the poll and move on.

Those who are saved and living a Godly life will not have to worry about taking a mark because we will be raptured out before the rise of the AntiChrist. The Bible states that there will be those after the rapture who will come to Christ and they will be martyrs for Him by NOT taking the mark of the beast. The Bible clearly warns that taking the mark means eternal damnation.
I already took the poll.. "other".

We are living in the last age.. everyone, from now until Christ returns at the end of the world, will have a chance to accept Jesus' sacrifice, and if they remain faithful will not be marked with the beast's mark, whatever that may be. God isn't going to change the rules whereby suddenly we need to be worrying about a certain "earthly thing" hindering our salvation, like I mentioned. In this new dispensation which we live in, we simply need to maintain our spiritual walk with God. Christ could come at any time to announce the end of the world.. and I'm sure it is the devil's delight to see how preoccupied many Christians are with looking for a "physical mark", when so many people are marked by sin (spiritually), and will not have the Lamb's name written on their forehead (spiritually) on that last day.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,455,081 times
Quote:

Well stated my friend, well stated!! I don't plan to be here this side of the rapture, but it's imperative that we warn others of what's to come. To God be the Glory.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I already took the poll.. "other".

We are living in the last age.. everyone, from now until Christ returns at the end of the world, will have a chance to accept Jesus' sacrifice, and if they remain faithful will not be marked with the beast's mark, whatever that may be. God isn't going to change the rules whereby suddenly we need to be worrying about a certain "earthly thing" hindering our salvation, like I mentioned. In this new dispensation which we live in, we simply need to maintain our spiritual walk with God. Christ could come at any time to announce the end of the world.. and I'm sure it is the devil's delight to see how preoccupied many Christians are with looking for a "physical mark", when so many people are marked by sin (spiritually), and will not have the Lamb's name written on their forehead (spiritually) on that last day.
That was well said. Revelation is applicable for all the generations. The main point of Revelation is that Jesus' victory over sin, death, hell and Satan is our victory. The enemies of Christ have already lost, no matter what gets thrown at us.

Maybe 1/2 of what I say about the end times is incorrect. Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly. I would rather be with the Lord "with one eye, than going to hell with 2 eyes".
Friends, our salvation isn't based on anything other than John 3:16

Can anyone claim 100% correct?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:10 PM

23,029 posts, read 34,446,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That was well said. Revelation is applicable for all the generations. The main point of Revelation is that Jesus' victory over sin, death, hell and Satan is our victory. The enemies of Christ have already lost, no matter what gets thrown at us.

Maybe 1/2 of what I say about the end times is incorrect. Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly. I would rather be with the Lord "with one eye, than going to hell with 2 eyes".
Friends, our salvation isn't based on anything other than John 3:16

Can anyone claim 100% correct?
YES! YES! AMEN! This is your best post ever!!!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Well stated my friend, well stated!! I don't plan to be here this side of the rapture, but it's imperative that we warn others of what's to come. To God be the Glory.
Thank you, Betsey. God bless.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Preterist,
This is my thread and I would like to keep it on topic. If you do not believe in the mark of the beast, then there is no reason to be in this thread. It was directed to Christians who believe in it, and there is a poll to cast a vote if you do not believe in it.

I understand why Betsey quoted this scripture----it was in reference to the deceptions that are already here and in direct relation to the AntiChrist and his mark of deception.
When did I say I don't believe in the Mark of the Beast? I told you what I think it WAS.

Was that not your question?

Preterist

Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 AM

Can anyone tell time? SHORTLY, NEAR! Have fun with your crazy speculations about things that have already happened! Your timing will always be off!

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity