Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 01:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I'll go with what Jesus, Paul, and John said. Not with what you two think. Period.
On the contrary, you are going with what you think or believe, rather than on what you personally know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 01:11 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
On the contrary, you are going with what you think or believe, rather than on what you personally know.
Says the guy who adamantly denies the existence of Satan and the underworld as if he personally knows this.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Says the guy who adamantly denies the existence of Satan and the underworld as if he personally knows this.
And, you personally know that they exist? Where is the evidence? Or, is it merely a lack of understanding.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, this logic reveals the ultimate selfishness underlying your idolatry of the Bible - your expectation of reward. What Christ endured was NOT for any reward but because it was the right thing to do out of His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You have a long way to go to even approximate that state of mind.
You are seriously a piece of work. Never waste a chance to demonstrate that agape love by accusing others of Bible worship, huh?

Old 09-22-2021, 02:38 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You are seriously a piece of work. Never waste a chance to demonstrate that agape love by accusing others of Bible worship, huh?
Ignoring Jesus Christ's clear and unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross in favor of the wrathful God of the Bible IS Bible worship instead of God.

Old 09-22-2021, 03:09 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Moses was born into a covenanted people of Jehovah, but circumstances dictated his raising in opposition to Jehovah's people. The Bible doesn't go into detail about how he became conscious of being a Hebrew, but he was nursed and trained by his very own mother.

When Moses was 40 yrs old he killed an Egyptian who struck a Hebrew slave which now put him in the position of being an enemy of the state, so he fled to Midian. From that point on, he stood on Jehovah's side. Hebrews 11:24-26 states: By faith Moses, when grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh ’s daughter, 25 choosing to be mistreated with the people of God rather than to have the temporary enjoyment of sin, 26 because he considered the reproach of the Christ to be riches greater than the treasures of Egypt, for he looked intently toward the payment of the reward.

It is not a popular thing to stand on Jehovah's side today, as is easily seen, but looking at faithful examples of the past, can strengthen us to make our stand as well. Why endure the ridicule of the world? Because you too can consider the reproach received as receiving the payment of the reward is definitely better than any riches we might attain in this world.

When Moses was 10 years old, he was as a man and his stature had greatly grown but it was unmeasured by his beauty. Moses was so strikingly oddly beautiful that when men or women saw him, they stopped paralyzed and hypnotized over his sheer beauty and stature as he walked by. Moses had been given a beauty countanance and stature and he became the swoon of Egypt bigger and better than an Elvis in the army in his day, and just as there will never be another king of rock like ,Elvis, just as there will never be another richer king than Solomon, thete shall never be another king given so much beauty as Moses, he was a walking golden God to all of Egypt.

Moses had been the greatest of Generals in all of history, no General could ever surpass is wisdom and strength of blessings that everything he put his hand turned golden.

There had been a reign of black Pharaohs from Ethiopia before the pharaohs of Moses day, and the eve since the last Ethiopian pharaohs ruled, Ethiopia's only mission in life during all the days of Moses was to fight Egypt to regain the seat of seats able to rule and navigate the waters of the Nile.

Decades after centuries did the Ethiopians come fighting against the walking Gods of Egypt to take back their people and to rule again as Phararoahs.

Moses had been schooled like no others, he was brought up in the royal court and raised by wise men and magicians from all over the world as it was the practice and worth of a king to obtain wise sages and magistrates to educate the children of such courts just as Daniel had done in Babylon, and Moses was a born General.

We see this great general lead millions of people into a desert wherein was no water, and no food.

Imagine the logistical mind, the wisdom and science such a man would have to have to organize a fight into hell, into a place of no shade, no food, no water.

Imagine the kind if man who could have pulled off such an impossible venture ORDERLY AND WITHOUT CHAOS.

When one is looking at the Exodus and how things were done, then realize the mind and abilities such a leader had to have order controlling such masses of people with a mind like a trap, educated by all the wars setting up camps and putting in things in order the like of which had never been done before.

The mind of the greatest general there ever was in Egypt.

The book of Roman's is trying to explain how the Egyptians were chosen for destruction.

If anyone should ever get a concept, try hard to understand what Roman's is relaying and teaching a out Pharoah and Egyptians. To understand what is being taught here will literaly bring understand to many things, just to understand who and what Roman's teach of Pharaohs, of Egyptians

Of what you are.

Roman's 9
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth

Pharoah and the Egyptians were born and raised for destruction in order to show God's power and glory to the world.

Imagine that, is that fair that one people were born for destruction and another people born out of that destruction to even kill every first born Egypttian, and Moses himself guilty of killing his own personal Egyptian.

But God says," Who are you to tell me what I do? If I raise one nation and people for destruction and another for glory, that is my business if I want to show my power and glory in all the world.

Understand what is being taught in Romans concerning the destruction of Israel, NOT JUDAH

Understand that Paul is going over the history of the evil kingdom Israel, his own people and his own nation.

Understand that Paul is taking the destruction of the ten tribes of Israel called Ephraim, and he is using their destruction to teach you that their role had been chosen by God, and God had chosen Israel for destruction.
ISRAEL. WAS CHOSEN FOR DESTRUCTION, NOT JUDAH.

That is what is being relayed in Roman's, Israel was the new Egyptian and Paul is trying to show this symbolism but not many catch it.

Paul was not a Jew, he was of the tribe of Benjamin from the Northerm kingdom, not the southern kingdom. Paul was of the NON JEWISH Israelis of the Northern kingdom

Understand that ,"Ephraim," the ten lost tribes, they had been chosen for destruction, they too were God's first born son.

What is trying to be relayed is that you are Israel in body and it has been chosen for destruction, that you are the first born Egyptian that must die.

The Ethiopians had come up against Egypt all during Moses life, and in Moses day, it was a real ongoing,very big problem.

The Ethiopians were at the front, they had been seriously attacking Egypt when Moses became a great general, and the war was not going swimmingly for Egypt.

Moses had come up with a plan in how to defeat the Ethiopians.

Moses had the entire calvery load baskets filled with mongoose and ferrit because there was a backwash pass into Ethiopia that no army could be taken through because they were filled with snakes and swamps from the Nile bleeding over and no man or especially, no army of footmen could bypass this area, it was a natural bio dry that had protected Ethiopia.

Moses had brought his whole army through those snakes while the Ethiopian army were at the front having no idea that their royal palace had been left naked.

Moses and his army strolled right into the Capitol city to the palace, and just as he pulled up, the Queen of Ethiopia was on her balcony and she peered down and immediately fell in love with Moses as did all women.

Immediately, Ethiopia surrendered to Egypt that day, and the queen of Ethiopia married Moses.

The story of Moses taking wives is the same story.

We read about the account of his attaining his second bride, but it is really the same story.

In order for Moses to obtain a bride, he must go through snakes, through vipers, and evil shepherds.

Just as he fought the snakes for the one, he fought the shepherds for the other, and it is a really symbolic thing going on.

The story of Moses involves everyone in a spiritual way, he is the example just as Christ was.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-22-2021 at 03:22 PM..

Old 09-23-2021, 05:56 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, this logic reveals the ultimate selfishness underlying your idolatry of the Bible - your expectation of reward. What Christ endured was NOT for any reward but because it was the right thing to do out of His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You have a long way to go to even approximate that state of mind.

Yes sir, that is true of course in Jesus' case, and I agree with you, but there is this recorded as well: (Hebrews 12:2) . . .For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I fully admit that if I knew for certain that I would not receive the reward, that I would be quite a different individual. I at times question whether I actually love God or not, but you see Doc, all these things are addressed in the Bible, we know we love God if we obey Him 1 Jn 5:3, my testimony here is evidence. satan told Jehovah that man will do basically anything to save his life, and there is a great deal of truth in that, so it does make you feel guilty to think that this may be myself. Paul did say this however: (1 Corinthians 9:24, 25) . . .Do you not know that the runners in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. 25 Now everyone competing in a contest exercises self-control in all things. Of course, they do it to receive a crown that can perish, but we, one that does not perish.

As you can see, he was referring to the prize of everlasting life, so we are to stay focused with that in mind, so it is not totally out of line to do so.

I don't consider wanting everlasting life for ourselves as selfishness, I would if we only wanted it for ourselves, but unlike many who believe they are saved, we do our utmost to share with others our hope, so that they too might have life, as many here acknowledge and comment on. 2 Pet 3:9

Old 09-23-2021, 05:58 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Moses was cool and all, and you can follow him if you wish Hwy,
But as Paul reminds us in 1 Cor ch 10-13, "But I shall show you a still more excellent way" - and that is to follow Jesus Christ, who Is Love!

Jesus is the perfect example CC, and all of us Christians do our utmost to follow his steps, especially in worshiping his God Jehovah. 1 Pet 2:21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity