Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 02:35 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Great thread!

I'm thankful for a lot of things, more than I can post here, and many of which I've posted on the other thread about what we're thankful for (in the Religion and Spirituality forum). But I'll expound on some things here:

I am so thankful for God's tenderness toward me. Even though I've had a really tough year, God has kept me safe and secure and I have felt His love surrounding me.

I am so thankful for my granddaughter who moved in with me about a year ago and enrolled in college shortly afterward. What a blessing she has been! God knew just what I needed. Actually I think we both needed each other.

I am so thankful for faithful friends and family who have all surrounded me with love and protection.

I am so thankful to be healthy and to be able to rebuild my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 02:28 PM

11,049 posts, read 6,637,979 times
Right now, I am mainly thankful for the wonderful young surgeon here who came up with an innovative way to fix my Texas-botched hip replacement. I was at my wit's end with life not worth living. And it was affordable.

I am thankful for the internet because I can have a church community in....Minnesota! We are not meant to make this spiritual journey alone.

I am thankful for my Dallas library---connected Kindle. I'd be lost without my reading material!

I'm thankful for my supportive and loving sisters who email regularly.

I'm thankful that God gave me the ocean to look at, and a great retirement with affordable health care, even if we did have to leave the U.S. to have that.

Yes, I'm thankful for C-D and this forum too!

Old 11-24-2021, 03:03 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
I am thankful for Gods patience, love, and grace all those years I was trapped in organized religion. I am at peace with a more personal closeness with Him. Sometimes I think my almost total hearing loss has helped me along and kept the ones away who wanted me to follow them and their religions. As time here is quickly passing me by, I am confident that the path I am now on is the one I searched decades for. The one that He placed before me to lead me home.

Old 11-24-2021, 03:22 PM

344 posts, read 144,563 times
I thank the Lord for turning me away from all filthy sin through repentance and a chance to walk in the Light with him.

Old 11-24-2021, 03:25 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Eternal life, which is mine now. It is given freely. I will serve as an eternal object of God's love and affection, and I am so indescribably grateful for that. This can never be lost; I have no choice, as I'm God's slave, and I am thankful that He has not left it up to me to decide but has sealed me with that Holy Spirit of promise, translated me into the kingdom of His dear Son, and made me His own possession--bought with a price.

Old 11-24-2021, 05:31 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am thankful for Gods patience, love, and grace all those years I was trapped in organized religion. I am at peace with a more personal closeness with Him. Sometimes I think my almost total hearing loss has helped me along and kept the ones away who wanted me to follow them and their religions. As time here is quickly passing me by, I am confident that the path I am now on is the one I searched decades for. The one that He placed before me to lead me home.
Hi Miss Blue. I haven't seen you post for a long time. I hope you are well.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:24 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are so many things I am thankful for, but this year the most important is that my precious wife survived Stage 3 colon cancer, surgery, and chemotherapy with minimal side effects. Avoiding the pandemic at our advanced ages and medical conditions comes in second. I especially appreciate the CD forum for making our cabin fever during this pandemic less onerous. Bless you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
God Bless you in Christ's love, Miss Blue. Good to see you posting!

Old 11-25-2021, 12:15 PM

1,400 posts, read 765,598 times
I am thankful for my beautiful children and that they have received Christ Jesus and their Lord and Savior

Old 11-25-2021, 01:36 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Not much in these sad days, but I am trying to muster up some gratitude today, so I am thankful for my daughter's love and the kindness of friends.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:47 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,380,351 times
Thankful for family - past, present, and future;
Thankful for being given everything I need and more - even when not what I 'wanted' - and always more than I deserve;
and Thankful for EveryOne on this forum - as all have touched my heart, in one way or another - that I can never repay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity