Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 10:53 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,980,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not believe that anyone hears the voice of Jesus if they believe that He has anything to do with the existence of an eternal Hell! Anyone who accepts an eternal Hell does NOT know either Jesus or God, IMO.
Good point ^ above^ because according to Revelation 20:13-14 biblical hell comes to a final end.
After everyone in biblical hell / grave is delivered up, biblical hell 'gives up' its dead, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant to that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell/grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 05:42 PM

3,220 posts, read 927,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Matthew 26:28 - 26 While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

His blood poured out for the forgiveness of sins. The drink was symbolic of what was taking place in reality.
You misunderstand. Jesus had a way of disguising what He meant so as to keep its meaning hidden from sinners. The same with God the Father.

The new covenant is this.

“As for me says the Lord, this is the covenant I have made with them; my spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your children’s children from now on and forever.”

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

The flesh and blood of the son of God is the truth, God’s word!!

Jesus says it here; “If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

True food and honest drink is the truth, God’s word.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It would depend on what you think of as nice

It seems to me that a basic requirement is having honesty and sincerity with both ourselves and others, and generally those people are nice people, not rude, obnoxious, selfish, etc
You missed the part where Jesus said loving God is doing what He commanded Him to do, which is spread God’s word.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Solomon said
Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
He wasn’t speaking of human love.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:50 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
You missed the part where Jesus said loving God is doing what He commanded Him to do, which is spread God’s word.
Your simpleminded and myopic focus is beyond moronic. The agape love of God and each other involves far more behaviors and attitudes than the simpleminded parroting of words at people.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Your simpleminded and myopic focus is beyond moronic. The agape love of God and each other involves far more behaviors and attitudes than the simpleminded parroting of words at people.

Thank you for your agape love.

“Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth.”

Old 12-24-2021, 12:03 PM

In the OP Jesus upholds this;

Joshua 22
5 Take good care to observe the commandment and instruction that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to keep his commandments, and to hold fast to him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:59 PM

22,281 posts, read 19,267,501 times
Quote:
that someone can deign to talk to a brother in faith in this way, saying the bold above,
and in the same breath lecture others about loving God and loving each other

is, well, disturbing.

Old 12-24-2021, 02:03 PM

22,281 posts, read 19,267,501 times
Quote:
isn't the bold above doing just that very thing?

Old 12-24-2021, 03:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
In the OP Jesus upholds this;

Joshua 22
5 Take good care to observe the commandment and instruction that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to keep his commandments, and to hold fast to him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jesus brought a new covenant-Love. It says law would written on hearts. For example--If one loved their brothers-they wouldnt even consider like stealing from them, lying to them, committing adultery on their mate, etc,etc all the way down the line. But no one is perfect in this system, not all who stand remain like that, some fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity