Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 07:03 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am using OT scriptures here because justbyfaith relies on them more than the words of Jesus

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them
Ezekiel 36:26-27

I will say that you can trust with your heart, after all if it cannot be trusted, what were you using it for to believe in the first place.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified.
The words of Jesus are found in Scripture. You can memorize them. You can know them. But they didn’t originate in your heart. Everything we know about Jesus comes from Scriptures. The Holy Spirit is the source. Your heart is not the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 07:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
The words of Jesus are found in Scripture. You can memorize them. You can know them. But they didn’t originate in your heart. Everything we know about Jesus comes from Scriptures. The Holy Spirit is the source. Your heart is not the source.
It is blatantly obvious if you believe your Bible that Christ in you is your source.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
How about addressing my last post to you? #97

How are we to test the spirits to know whether they are from God?

10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they wwent into the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. (Acts 17:10-11)

The Word of God is to be “a lamp” and “a light” to our path (Psalm 119:105). The Bible alone is the standard by which all truth must be judged.

“Thy word is truth.” (John 17:17)

Do you know of a Scripture that says we should test the spirits with our feelings?
I did.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
If you agree with the last sentence then why did you say to me "Trusting in your feelings is like trusting that the sand on the shore will never move".

The heart of every man IS NOT desperately wicked and those who are rooted and grounded in the love of God, their hearts are most certainly not desperately wicked. What I trust more is Christ IN ME and the mind of Christ to discern what is of THE way that Jesus taught. I also live by every good thing that is in that is in Christ Jesus, have you discovered these good things that are in Christ Jesus for yourself? You can't come at me beating me with the Bible telling me the bible is the be all and end all, when Jesus taught that those that believe, from their innermost being shall flow rivers of living water, to cleanse us from our old way of thinking to a spiritually way of thinking

His words that HE speaks are Spirit and Life. Jesus Christ never taught the scriptures, He taught what the Father spoke to Him. Tell me, what is the purpose of Jesus Christ in you if not to learn of him and be led by him ?
I did not say the heart of every man is wicked, nor do i believe it.

Yes we believe from the heart. By the heart, we do not mean the pump. We mean the mind. The mind believes because of the word of God (Romans 10:17) Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Faith does not come by feelings. There must be a basis for faith, and it is those words which are God-breathed.

The term Scripture simply means writing. 1 Timothy 3:16 says every Scripture is God-breathed.

The way to know the mind of Christ is to read or hear God-breathed words. You cannot know the mind of Christ any other way.

Understand, Camps, I don’t question the kind of life you live. I believe you when you say you live by every good thing that is in Christ Jesus. But you cannot tell me that you can know what’s in Christ Jesus unless it comes from God-breathed words.

I am not beating on you. I am beating on the false teaching that we can know Jesus apart from the Scriptures.

You are completely wrong when you say Jesus never taught from the Scriptures. He did so constantly. “It is written…”. “Have you not heard…”

Without the Scriptures, you could not possibly know the words that lead to eternal life.

I need to get outside and do some yard work. I’ll be back later. Be blessed, Camps!

Old 03-10-2022, 07:48 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
God chose Paul to reveal Himself in order that he might preach to the Gentiles. The same cannot be said of us. We are to pray for understanding. We are blessed when God hears our prayer.
Peppe like Paul are very rare but still exist (existed )
God "look for pepple like that". Heb 5 ‐6. To be the teachers.
Paul himself was on look out for such.

Old 03-10-2022, 08:27 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them
Ezekiel 36:26-27

I will say that you can trust with your heart, after all if it cannot be trusted, what were you using it for to believe in the first place.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified.
Quote:
You can read the scriptures all day long and not know of their truth unless the Spirit testifies to you of their truth. Once He has, your heart changes and you can, indeed, trust it.

Old 03-10-2022, 09:48 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
I have no idea why you believe righteousness mean justice other than you equate everything over than grace and mercy means God is mad with the world. You dare not look up the definition of the word in fear of being proven wrong. Again, righteous is the exact opposite of sin. God declares us righteous not justice. The more you post the more you show how delusional and spiritually uneducated you are.
Rom 1:17, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:17 (nkjv), For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”[fn]

Rom 1:17 (NIV), For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[fn] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”[fn]

Rom 1:17 (ESV), For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,[fn] as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”[fn]

Old 03-10-2022, 10:00 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
If you agree with the last sentence then why did you say to me "Trusting in your feelings is like trusting that the sand on the shore will never move".

The heart of every man IS NOT desperately wicked and those who are rooted and grounded in the love of God, their hearts are most certainly not desperately wicked. What I trust more is Christ IN ME and the mind of Christ to discern what is of THE way that Jesus taught. I also live by every good thing that is in that is in Christ Jesus, have you discovered these good things that are in Christ Jesus for yourself? You can't come at me beating me with the Bible telling me the bible is the be all and end all, when Jesus taught that those that believe, from their innermost being shall flow rivers of living water, to cleanse us from our old way of thinking to a spiritually way of thinking

His words that HE speaks are Spirit and Life. Jesus Christ never taught the scriptures, He taught what the Father spoke to Him. Tell me, what is the purpose of Jesus Christ in you if not to learn of him and be led by him ?
We can go from having a Jeremiah 17:9 heart to having a Luke 8:15 heart through the process of Ezekiel 36:25-27.

However, the default for every man is that before they are born again, they have a Jeremiah 17:9 heart.

We overcome the accuser of the brethren by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony.

If we have been born again, we have a testimony; and we can testify to the things that took place in our lives that led us to becoming born again. We can testify to who we were before and who we are now, after that we have been born again.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You can read the scriptures all day long and not know of their truth unless the Spirit testifies to you of their truth. Once He has, your heart changes and you can, indeed, trust it.
How does the Spirit testify to you the truth of the Scriptures? Please explain your comment.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Peppe like Paul are very rare but still exist (existed )
God "look for pepple like that". Heb 5 ‐6. To be the teachers.
Paul himself was on look out for such.
Paul was inspired. People today are not. There are, however, some very gifted preachers and teachers out there. It certainly is a blessing to hear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity