Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 01:29 PM

4,085 posts, read 883,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You think you do !
That doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2023, 04:12 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Scripture says the church is Israel.............
Church was Israel until Pentecost when the Christian congregation was formed.
The Christian congregation because the nation of 'spiritual Israel '.
A ' spiritual nation' Not located on any map - 1st Peter 2:9,5 - with No borders or No boundaries located on any map.
No longer a Jew by fleshly or national birth - Romans 2:28-29
Jerusalem ' above ' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26

Old 01-02-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Church was Israel until Pentecost when the Christian congregation was formed.
The Christian congregation because the nation of 'spiritual Israel '.
A ' spiritual nation' Not located on any map - 1st Peter 2:9,5 - with No borders or No boundaries located on any map.
No longer a Jew by fleshly or national birth - Romans 2:28-29
Jerusalem ' above ' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
The Church is Jesus' body.

Old 01-02-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
The Church is Jesus' body.
'Church ' is the building itself.
The Christian congregation as a body is headed by Christ Jesus - Ephesians 5:25 B-27

Old 01-03-2023, 06:08 AM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
Scripture affirms that called out Israel in the OT and the called out Church in the NT are One and the same. For instance Israel is call the Church Acts 7:38

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively coracles to give unto us: 9
Israel is “the church in the wilderness.” The New Testament word for the church, ekklesia, is used by Stephen and by the Spirit of God who speaks through him.

Also The Spirit inspired the writer to use the definite article with church Emphasizing the one and only ἐκκλησίᾳ

Old 01-03-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
'Church ' is the building itself.

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions for the sake of His body, which is the church.

Ephesians 1:22 And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of His body.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions for the sake of His body, which is the church.
Ephesians 1:22 And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of His body.
I see your point but I think we need to remember that originally the Bible was Not written in King James English.
I find at Colossians 1:24 from the Greek the word ' ecclesia ' which is Not church but congregation.
At Ephesians 1:22-23 I find the word ' ecclesia ' also there. Again Not church but congregation.- 1st Cor. 12:25-28
At Ephesians 5:30 I do Not see the word ' ecclesia ' but the words for 'of the body of him', but at Ephesians 5:29 I do find the word ' ecclesia ' aka congregation.
So, as Romans 12:4-5 says although many are one body with Christ individually as members belonging to one another.
Which verses are compatible with Ephesians 4:16 the whole body ( congregation) joined together........

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 01-03-2023 at 01:57 PM..

Old 01-03-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Israel is “the church in the wilderness.” The New Testament word for the church, ekklesia, is used by Stephen and by the Spirit of God who speaks through him.
Also The Spirit inspired the writer to use the definite article with church Emphasizing the one and only ἐκκλησίᾳ
Church is the building, the congregation (ecclesia) makes us the whole body members with Christ as the head of the body.
- Ephesians 5;23

Sometimes people ask which church do you attend Not which congregation do you attend.
People will stand outside a beautiful church building and do Not say what a beautiful congregation because they are speaking about the building itself.

From Greek ekklesia / ecclesia from the two (2) Greek words 'ek' meaning 'out' and 'kaleo' meaning ' call '.
Persons called out / or called together, so it is the people and Not the building.

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 01-03-2023 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-03-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I see your point but I think we need to remember that originally the Bible was Not written in King James English.
I find at Colossians 1:24 in the Greek the word ' ecclesia ' which is Not church but congregation.
At Ephesians 1:22-23 I find the word ' ecclesia ' also there. Again Not church but congregation.- 1st Cor. 12:25-28
At Ephesians 5:30 I do Not see the word ' ecclesia ' but the words for 'of the body of him', but at Ephesians 5:29 I do find the word ' ecclesia ' aka congregation.
So, as Romans 12:4-5 says although many are one body with Christ individually as members belonging to one another.
Which verses are compatible with Ephesians 4:16 the whole body ( congregation) joined together........
Glad you see the point I made about the church being Jesus' body.

Not sure why you are not content with the word 'church' being used. We already have the Bible in our language.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Glad you see the point I made about the church being Jesus' body.
Not sure why you are not content with the word 'church' being used. We already have the Bible in our language.
King James version is Not the same exact English as we use today but has a number of outdated archaic terms or words.
For example: what does Philemon verse 8 say or
Genesis 25:29
Leviticus 26:16
Isaiah 14:23
Isaiah 58:8 B

So, yes we have the Bible in modern-day English language which we can compare with the Hebrew and Greek.
The congregation is the people. Congregation of people make up the body of Christ.
When a person stands outside of a beautiful church building they do not say what a beautiful congregation because they are admiring the building itself.
People usually don't ask which congregation do you attend but which church ( denomination )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity