Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2023, 05:27 AM

4,631 posts, read 1,175,231 times

Advertisements

We know that the Church under the NT is the fulfillment of Israel from the OT, because Jesus Christ is their High Priest at the Right Hand of God. Now the writer of the Book of Hebrews, writing to the elect remnant of jews in the early church, writes that Christ as the New Covenant Mediator, the Mediator of the New Covenant, which was promised to the House of Israel, that He has fulfilled many of those promises by His Death, and is now at the right Hand of God ! Heb 8:6

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 12:24

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 8:1

Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Is not this the same Jesus at the right hand of God as per Paul writing to the gentile church in rome ? Rom 8:34

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Isnt He there making Intercession for the saints Rom 1:7

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:27

And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Isn't it therefore the same people being spoken of in the Hebrews letter Heb 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Is there a dichotomy in Jesus being at the right hand of God for two different people, the Church, then ethnic jews ? Is He seperating His Intercession activity, interceding for the Church on the right, and ethnic jews on the left ?

God forbid ! They are all one people, the Israel of God ! 12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 08:01 AM

30 posts, read 21,337 times
When he comes he will be called "The lion of the tribe of Judah" the only one worth of opening the scroll.

Old 05-21-2023, 05:55 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Starr View Post
When he comes he will be called "The lion of the tribe of Judah" the only one worth of opening the scroll.
Since Pentecost, Jesus is Head of the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
As a composite the Christian Congregation is the 'spiritual Israel' nation of God with now 'Jerusalem above ' - Gal. 4:26

Old 05-29-2023, 03:59 AM

Paul writing to a gentile church in Colossi writes to them Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

In Vs 12 he calls them the elect of God 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Old 05-31-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Paul writing to a gentile church in Colossi writes to them Col 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
In Vs 12 he calls them the elect of God 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Yes, the ' elect of God ' like the ones found at Luke 22:28-30.
They are part of the saints/ holy ones of Daniel 7:18.
They have that first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Rev. 20:6
To be kings and priests - Rev. 1:6; Rev, 5:9-10 - reigning with Christ over Earth.
- 1st Cor. 15:24-26 when death will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8

Old 06-07-2023, 05:23 AM

The Church of Christ, Hid Body and Israel are the same because, the Gentiles that are now called under the NC times initiated by the Death of Christ Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

That they are joint partakers of the New Covenant Promises, which are Gospel Promises, made to the House of Israel and Judah Jer 31:31

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Gentiles were secretly included in this New Covenant Gospel promises, which Paul clarified here Eph 3:1-6

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The Gospel is a publication of what God has guaranteed in covenant to His Chosen people;12

Old 06-18-2023, 12:08 PM

The Church is revealed to be Israel in that many of the promises of God to Israel under the OTC are fulfilled with the Church in the NTC for instance, God said to the nation Ex 19:5

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Notice, they shall be a peculiar treasure unto God,

Now this has been fulfilled by God unto the Church for example, writing to Titus Paul writes Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now the word peculiar in Ex 19:5 is sᵊḡullâ:

possession, property
valued property, peculiar treasure
treasure

The word peculiar in Titus 2:14 is periousios:

that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions
a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

Now does God have two special peculiar people ? No, that defeats the purpose of being peculiar and seperated from others for ones special possession.

But since Christ has kept Gods covenant for a People, and redeemed them with His Blood, the promise to Israel in Ex 19:5 is fulfilled by and through Christ unto the Church, for as it is written 2 Cor 1:20

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

All the promises of God, to include the one made in Ex 19:5 are confirmed and fulfilled by and in Him Christ the Covenant of the People who kept the covenant Isa 42:6

I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

See Gentiles were included in that covenant ! 13

Old 06-19-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Starr View Post
When Jesus comes (the only one worth of opening the scroll) will be at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation as found at Matt. 25:31-34,37
Jesus judges by how the figurative ' sheep and goats ' have treated Jesus' figurative ' brothers ' - Matt. 25:40
The 'sheep' No matter where found located on Earth will be the 'church of Israel ' aka the global 'Christian congregation'.
Jerusalem ABOVE being the seat of government - Galatians 4:26 - over Earth.

Old 06-28-2023, 03:55 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Default If The Church is Israel…?

The church is not Israel nor does it refer to any nation-state, ethnicity, or other designation. It simply means those "who see God." In Jewish and Christian texts from the Greco-Egyptian area during Second Temple Judaism and beyond the name was understood to mean "a man seeing God" from the ʾyš (man) rʾh (to see) ʾel (God).

Old 07-02-2023, 06:51 AM

Has the Church replaced Israel,

God forbid, the Church the Body of Christ is Israel to which the Promises are made. No the Church isnt the physical nation which is called Israel, but that remnant Israel according to the election of grace. Remember Two Israel's are mentioned in Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: One of these Israel's is the then existing Physical nation, and the other is a remnant[sub group] of that nation according to the election of Grace in Christ.

Paul distinguishes them once again here in Rom 11:1-7

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew{Remnant Israel]. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel[national] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election[remnant Israel/Church] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded[national Israel].

So the Two Israels are National a physical nation, Spiritual Israel a Chosen remnant according to the Election of Grace, which I contend is the Church Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity