Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 03:57 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
You need to explain how your Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith lowers the divinty Of Christ, making him equal with Lucifer.

What about God being a man and how latter day saints will be God's also in charge of their own Planet. Is this true?
Perhaps you just wanted a second opinion, but I already gave comprehensive answers to both of these questions. Did you even read my answers?

Quote:
The Holy Scriptures have Christ as the Creator God not a creation.
We never speak of Jesus Christ as "a created being." We believe that He was with the Father "in the beginning," prior to the creation of the earth, that He was "God" at that time and that He created our universe under the direction of His Father.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:09 PM

344 posts, read 144,309 times
No wonder the young kids which are mormonian kill themselves at a phenominal rate where I live.

If they are taught they will become Gods, why should they suffer here at all. Just do yourself in and become a God in charge of your own planet.

We just had a young man with 5 children, Mormon, go to the Ukraine and die fighting. He didn't even have the money for the Flight, he asked for donations. He wrote some doctrine on his vest from the Book of Mormon, went to the Ukraine and was killed. He left fatherless 5 kids. Young man like 25.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
No wonder the young kids which are mormonian kill themselves at a phenominal rate where I live.

If they are taught they will become Gods, why should they suffer here at all. Just do yourself in and become a God in charge of your own planet.
I've already said that's not true. Why do you continue to insist that it is? I can tell you that over the past fourteen years, I have earned the reputation on City-Data as being an honest, objective poster. People aren't likely to believe what you continue to say when I am saying otherwise. I wouldn't think of bad-mouthing anyone else's beliefs the way you have bad-mouthed and lied about ours, but you must get some payback for doing it. Otherwise you wouldn't bother.

Quote:
We just had a young man with 5 children, Mormon, go to the Ukraine and die fighting. He didn't even have the money for the Flight, he asked for donations. He wrote some doctrine on his vest from the Book of Mormon, went to the Ukraine and was killed. He left fatherless 5 kids. Young man like 25.
I'm sorry your perception of Mormonism is so negative, and so sorry about the man you know who died in Ukraine. That's terribly tragic whether he was LDS or not. Twenty-five years old is way too early for anyone to die, and way too young for children to have to lose their father.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I've already said that's not true. Why do you continue to insist that it is? I can tell you that over the past fourteen years, I have earned the reputation on City-Data as being an honest, objective poster. People aren't likely to believe what you continue to say when I am saying otherwise. I wouldn't think of bad-mouthing anyone else's beliefs the way you have bad-mouthed and lied about ours, but you must get some payback for doing it. Otherwise you wouldn't bother.

I read what you posted, that mormons can become Gods. Are you back tracking now? My perception of Mormonism is not negative. I just have compassion on the large number of Child suicides in my area that are mormon. Is this wrong to care for them? They need someone to say something. I mean they are just kids.

If any child can read this and remove themselves from the grips of death, so be it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-16-2022 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Tried to fix quotes. Learn to quote posts correctly.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I read what you posted, that mormons can become Gods. Are you back tracking now?
I'm not backtracking at all. I said that we believe all human beings have the potential to become like God. That means Mormons and non-Mormons (even non-Christians) have this potential.

Quote:
My perception of Mormonism is not negative.
I'm glad to hear that, as it certainly comes across as negative.

Quote:
I just have compassion on the large number of Child suicides in my area that are mormon. Is this wrong to care for them? They need someone to say something. I mean they are just kids.
Yes, suicide is always tragic, and especially when it is a young person.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:46 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We have one near us too. Huge concrete monstrosity, resembling a mausoleum. All those millions of dollars on that weirdness, and closed to the public. They have no idea how negative and repulsive of an image it is to others. I've heard of some praying that the idol Moroni on the roof gets struck by lightning.
They get struck by lightning a lot.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...t-by-lightning

Old 11-16-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
They get struck by lightning a lot.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...t-by-lightning
LOL. You guys really are pretty amusing. I guess this is definitely a sign that God, too, hates Mormons.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
LOL. You guys really are pretty amusing. I guess this is definitely a sign that God, too, hates Mormons.
So someone cares for the young and we are amusing to you like a comedy show.

I say your doctrine is responsible for the young children killing themselves not just here where I live , Idaho but also in Salt Lake city , Utah.

Once again if the posts disagree with your perception then it is funny. I assure you there is nothing funny when my neighbhors son blew his head off, or the 15 yr old hung himself from the ceiling fan. Or the guy who owned Happy tereaki, shot himself in the head in the business bathroom.

I care for the young.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:43 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
This is an interesting thread, to say the least. Testimony on both sides of the courtroom are raising eyebrows.

And now, a barrage of scriptures and requirements. Make sure not to include anything from Jesus / New Testament...

Old 11-16-2022, 05:46 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
I was wined and dined by Mormon Missionaries in 1984. We hung out, played basketball, went to the Oakland Temple. This lasted for several weeks. It ended when I told them I did not believe in Joseph Smith and would not give them 10% of my, "Net Pay". I was then told, since I know "The TRUTH", I would be held accountable for it.

Must someone become and remain Temple worthy by paying their 10% Net PAy, or excluded from the Temple?

I even asked the Mormon Missionary, why it was not gross pay and must be net pay? They said , Net Pay, which is obviously the larger amount was the real figure God was interested in.

I gave them nothing, and they left.
Tithing and Temples

First, you have some misconceptions I will try to clear up.

1- Tithing is defined as 10% of our increase. What that means, the members decide for themselves, net, gross or whatever.

2- Tithing is accepted in a sealed envelope only by the bishop or one of his counselors. No one else. We will never ask a non-member to pay tithing. And missionaries will never ask for money of any kind from their contacts.

Yes, tithing is required for temple attendance. Everyone is welcome to our chapels and Sunday worship, however, temples are where members make covenants.

I have answered quite extensively about the biblical connection between tithing and the temple. I don't know if anyone read it, and since it continues to bother you, I will repeat it.

Jacob made a covenant with with God. Tithing has been part of the temple covenant since Jacob in the Old Testament.

Genesis 28:20 "And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee."

In this covenant we are promised, 1- our daily need of food and clothing will be met, 2- the Lord will be our God, 3- the blessings of the temple. All we have to do is give 10% of what God has given to us, back to Him.

In Jacob's covenant he said "this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house". He is referring to to future temples. Jacob had just seen a vision of the temples known as "Jacob's ladder.". (Genesis 28:12-17) Jacob was quite shaken by his experience which is recorded in verses 16 and 17.

Genesis 28:16 "And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not. 17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven".

In that vision, God told Jacob that his seed would be spread throughout the entire world. And that through his seed "shall all the families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 28:14)

Malachi chapters 3 & 4 also show the close relationship between the restoration of the temple and tithing. These two chapters tell about preparing the earth for the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Malachi 3:2 "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire".

The Lord will return to Israel only when Israel returns to the ordinances of the Lord.

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. 7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? 8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings".

By turning the the heart of the children to their fathers the families of the earth will be blessed.

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity