Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2023, 09:17 PM

660 posts, read 264,869 times

Advertisements

I could hear my [Christian Infernannihlationist] mother shouting so loud at my [Christian Universalist] sister at 9:29 AM before we were going to church that I could hear her from the basement from the washroom from the toilet I'm sitting on right now.

[Many things can be heard. So will not all hear of the good news, that Christ shall save all. Will not all people believe in the Gospel?

```Proverbs 25:25 NRSVue Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. ```]

Sister: It's odd. Am I not allowed to say odd?

Mama: You're disrespectful! You don’t deserve anyone who's good! You're being disrespectful I noticed that from you. I'm just telling you there's something wrong! You're being disrespectful now! ... Disrespectful! ... Disrespectful! ... I'm not fighting! Well, if you're disrespectful God will take that away from you!

Sister: That's not disrespectful!

Mama: That is disrespectful. I told you not to wear it! I don't care! You know what... No because I said I don't want you to wear it because it's winter!

Yes, because my sister does not want to wear some random winter clothes that my mother wants her to wear, but is instead wearing some other winter clothes again, my mother has been harassing her.

Mama: Can you get ready and get out of this house.

Sister: You realize that is one of the main toxic traits. In general! Just in general!

Mama: I'm not going today! [In reference to church, she did not go with us]

Sister: This is actually the most dramatic thing I've seen.

Mama: You pay for this price for being disobedient! Disrespectful disrespectful!! [my real name] don't write anything! Something will happen when you write this! I'm just teaching.

Me: You're supposed to be giving [sister’s real name] options not forcing

Mama: I'm the mother you're not supposed to be giving you ****!!!

Sister: I'm not giving you ****

My mother asks if I am disciplining her.

Me: Harassing her is not disciplining her

Mama: Even if you look ugly I don't care! I'm staying home. I haven't seen a child like that ever in my life. I haven’t seen a child like that.

Sister: Now you're getting mad over the dumbest things

Mama says to me: There is also a problem. You’re a guy you’re a man you're supposed to learn it.
[In reference to my mother not wanting me to share these conflicts and to seek help from others, but rather to keep it within the family and to endure the suffering myself]

Sister: That's toxic masculinity. I don't want to hear that ****.

Mama: Bad luck

Sister: The most bad luck that I've had is having you in my life There's something mentally wrong.

Mama: You don't deserve church

Sister: I'm not even offended anymore I just think you're weird.

Mama: You think [sister’s real name] theta relationship will last! Nothing lasts!! What should last? You're relationship with your parents Ha ha ha!!!

Sister; You broke that years ago. If you were anyone but my mother, I would have cut you off so fast

Mama: This

Sister; I'm being so serious. I wish you could hear yourself.

Mama: I don't care if you fail. I help you out for your success. Just for a single pair of pants!! Just for pants you have not seen

Sister: Just for pants you said I don’t deserve church. Just for pants you said I don't deserve good things in life

Mama crying: Get out of here (crying noises). I don't like people jotting down conversation. At least I need sone respect. Just the pants! Can you just say thank you this is not good for winter?

Sister: You’re yelling at me

I tell my mother she’s flailing her hands and shouting and saying that it’s obvious who's in the wrong. And I'm still on the toilet! And my mother is shouting at me so I've been typing this on the toilet.

Sister: I love how we're so nonchalant.

Since we've gotten to the point, we're from a meta perspective just analyzing our mothers behaver from a psychological standpoint.

Sister: If you're ****ting on sarcasm, then maybe you should go out more

Me: I've been ****ting!

Sister to mama: You should think hard of what you said.

Papa to mama: Who's going to church. Aren't you goig

Mama: No

Mama: When I told you not to wear that pants I was concerned because you looked ugly. I didn’t call you ugly I said that you looked ugly.

Sister: Why do you talk to papa like he's going to agree with you
[Our father is unfortunately an enabler to our mother’s toxicity]

Mama: You know what relationship you should protect! The one with your parents!

Sister: You should try a little harder

Mama: You will regret that. I already told you that many times

Editor's Note: I'M STILL ON THE TOILET

Mama: I'm not gonna tell you anymore what I see wrong with you. What you're wearing is ugly I will not care anymore. If you get sick, you know who will care for you? You cannot see the consequences. If she gets sick who will take care of her?!?! You didn’t see the consequences. YOU NEED CRITICAL THINKING! YOU DON'T HAVE THAT!!! I know the consequences; it will affect your life. Do you see the consequences. No! You don’t see the consequences. But you don’t see where I'm coming from, why you shouldn’t wear that pants.

[Editor Note from 9:11 PM from me, JSA: And I feel sick. It hurts to drink water. It hurt to eat. So, I was barely eating, barely drinking. My throat has been in pain for the past few days. And I slept hoping it will go away, but the next day it’s there again. And it even hurts to talk. But my mother does not know this. I don’t want her to know. Because she terrifies me.]

Me: You can't just start this conflict over a pair of pants.

Mama: You lack critical thinking, that's what I'm saying. Everyone e I tell you what to wear I want you to look good. I think about you before saying that to you. I'm the mother here! You live here. It is my responsibility to look after you guys. So, you have to think of that. THINK. Who is the mother here? You or me. I'm the mother here. You shouldn't talk back!

Me: So, you don't even want to engage in conversation anymore, you don't want us to respond back.

Mama: I'll be laughing after this. Laugh now. I'm going to have the last laugh. If you don't know what that means you lack critical thinking. If I tell you that then you're gonna say you're saying something bad. So, I say it that way

Sister: I know what its for. I learned basic idioms. I'm not going to explain it

Mother: You will be crying! I'll be praying to God! Be prepared [sister’s real name] that’s what will come in your life. When that comes in your life, don’t cry.
God knows who's righteous between me and you right now!

My sister and I both respond with like "yeah"

Mama: Even you [my real name]. I'll prove you that I am right and that you are wrong [sister’s real name].

Sister: Stop thinking you’re a martyr is. Do you know what a martyr is.

Mama: You know what. You happy today! Tomorrow you will not!

Sister: Do you expect me to cry because you spat a line? She spitting something!

Mother: You wouldn’t have achieved that without my help.! Leave them here! They don’t deserve church! Disrespectful children! I'm gonna ask God to help right now! I'm gonna ask God right now! I'm gonna ask God! I’m gonna ask right away.

Sister: You can’t command God to do something in a week.

And my sister and I both tell our mother that we hope she gets help.

[Then later on, our dad is driving my sister and I to church]

And then papa starts to suck up and enable our mother

Me: You're an enabler papa. Stop enabling mama's toxic behavior. You need to call her out on it.

Sister: You're not doing anything

Papa: All … doing is that you were concerned with the way you dressed

My sister then says that mama called her ugly, saying that she doesn’t deserve good things in life.

Sister: It doesn’t make anything better just because you understand their reasoning. I hate that you just stand there and do nothing

Papa: I'm saying something now

Me: And now it's a bad opinion

And papa goes in a rant saying how we should not use vulgar language,

[Which is ironic, considering our mother used vulgar language towards us]

So, I say to papa that when the bible talks about corrupt language Ephesians 4:29, it refers to words that intentionally unjustifiably harm people. Those aren’t inherent nor exclusively limited to vulgar language. I explain it to papa like this: If I say someone is ****ing beautiful, what's wrong with that? But our mother is calling our sister ugly repeatedly. [And our mother says to my sister that she does not deserve to have good things happen in her life]. That 's the real bad language! Can you call out the genuine bad language here!

Sister says to papa: You're calling out the wrong person

And I tell my father that he’s just been standing there watching as we are emotionally abused. For years.

He makes an excuse about how he doesn't want to talk during the conflict, but then my sister replies saying that he rarely talks about it after the conflict too.

Sister says to papa; You're really on nobody's side here

Me; If you’re trying to suck up to mama, it wont work

My earthly father, though he was not there for my physical birth, even though he has since physically returned, sometimes I wonder if he’s even really “here” at all. Therefore, I remain hopeful in Our Father in Heaven, who will never abandon us, not even a single person. He who will reconcile all to Himself. Amen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2023, 02:02 PM

There I was sitting on the floor as my mother went on another one of her rants trying to justify her abuse, what she calls “parenting”, today Dec 11 2023 1:27 PM. My throat still hurts, even when drinking water, so it can hurt even to talk. But I’m willing to go through that if it means helping my mother learn, since I do still love her as a person, it’s her abusive actions I stand again. She says that she can’t harass my sister because she’s her daughter, but clearly that logic falls apart when you consider the many many cases of family abuse that just literally exist.

The problem is that, if we don’t define her over a decade streak consisting of constant insults, invalidation, gaslighting, manipulation, screaming, breaches in privacy and trying to get God to punish us in eternal conscious torment, then what the hell even counts as emotional and physical abuse anymore?

So, she goes on a lecture about how it’s not good to hold grudges, which I do agree with, however she tries to use that as an excuse to get me to stop typing these posts about her. So, I reply, saying how I literally type these as they happen. If she wants me to stop typing about her abuse, she should just stop her abuse. Simple.

I don’t think God holds grudges either. If He did, He would enact a punishment with permanent consequence, either torment forever or destruction forever. Therefore, I think all will eventually have faith alone in Christ and gain permanent salvation.

```Psalm 103:9 NRSVue He will not always accuse, nor will he keep his anger forever. ```

https://biblehub.com/psalms/103-9.htm
The “always” here coming from לָנֶ֥צַח (lā·ne·ṣaḥ) Strong's 5331: Eminence, enduring, everlastingness, perpetuity

So quite literally, because of the not לֹֽא־ (lō-) in front of it, an Adverb - Negative particle of
Strong's 3808: Not, no. Then it shows that an anger that has “everlastingness”, aka everlasting punishment, is quite simply not possible and contradictory to God’s very nature.

My mother says that she’s angry [the abusive type of anger] at one moment, but then it dissolves and it goes back to “normal”, so I shouldn’t record it. What horrible logic. And a convenient out for her.

My mother also tells me about her husband, how my earthly father is just quiet when the situation happens and how she appreciates it. So, I reply telling her what of what I told my earthly father in the car yesterday, when driving us to church, that he does not really talk during the conflict, nor after it as well. So again, that’s bad too.

I do wonder, if my early father stopped enabling my mother, if she would just stop. I unfortunately used to fawn after my mother as a trauma response, but I eventually stopped. My earthly father was physically abused by his earthly father, so I wonder if he maybe might still have fawning as a trauma response too. Though, he’s not really involved in family matters in general. When he does speak up about it, his opinions usually suck and are in favor of our mother. If this were a TV show, then he’d be like the camera man. If this were an anime, he’d be like a background character.

My mother says that it’s like a wound that should dissolve, so I reply telling her to stop reopening the wound day by day. Because quite literally, she was emotionally and verbally abusing my sister yesterday. I was planning on posting another section from that incident today (yes there’s more to it, there was a lot that happened), but I’m tired, and I still would have to edit it considering I type those quickly on my phone in the moment and talking things out with her, though I do think it’s worth it, really sucks up a lot of my time. Unfortunately, with my mother, it’s not that difficult to find “content” for these Daily Quotes, so to speak.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:16 AM

4,726 posts, read 1,273,562 times
Universalism is a lie, denying that some will spend eternity in hell, being forever tormented, as it was foreshadowed by Jesus story of the rich man and lazarus Lk 16:19-31

Quote:
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Now in Vs 23 Jesus used the word for torments basanos:

torture, torment, acute pains: the torments of the wicked after death

Then in Vs 24 He uses the word for torment odynaō:

to cause intense pain; passive to be in anguish, be tormented:

Its also in the passive voice, he's being the recipient of the action of being tormented,

Folks this I believe is real scene and all whom die without Christ will face this plight.

Now the lies of universalism denys this.

Old 12-12-2023, 09:32 PM

[editor’s note: gonna be sending this one mostly unedited, feel some raw suffering here, since I don’t know how long I have before my mother comes back downstairs]
tfw i gotta phone call my insurance broker. planned on telling them it seems likely i have:
adhd, autism, anxiety, burnout, depression, stress, suicidal thoughts in the past, shortness of breath, stress, tiredness, trauma, etc.

mother said I was diagnosed at birth for asthma tho so I got that at least

and my first worry being how much it will increase my monthly insurance premium for me to pay

also the fact that they're familiar with my mom who works in insurance too has me wondering whether they will tell my mom about this stuff

also me going somewhere random outside and searching how to call directly to a person's voicemail cuz i feel nervous

interesting fact tho: i was studying some insurance and planned to go into an insurance related job but didnt make it in

ok so

my fingers are freezing
it hard to move them now

i called hoping it would go to voicemail but OF COURSE they pick up and say "hello"
so i hang up in panic

wherres these peoples email or something?????
so i put my hands in my pocket wanderin around trying to warm up

auuuuggghhhy
hey its just a phone call right
but this person knows my MOM
andi have to somehow get the courage to give like that script above of my conditions
AUUUGGHHHHHH

so i pray to God to give me the confidence i need to just say what I need to say and end the call

alright
lets do this
ALSOCCUZ MY HANDS ARE FREEZING RN
I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER
augghhh
okkkk i did it

buttttt
they gave me another phone number
i gotta call
jts 8:11 PM today dec 12 2023
reason im so nervous is cuz im afraid my mothers going to insult me because of this stuff
it so cold my fingers can barely move
ok well turns out they have email this whole time
auuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh
this is so much tension im gritting my teeth
ok at least i can word it properly

Editor's Note: My mom is here with me so I'm typing this on my phone. I feel tense with her near me, watching me. I believe that, no matter how tense things get for people, that eventually they shall all be given permanent peace εἰρήνη (eirēnē) of God, permanent salvation, by faith only in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7 NRSVue And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/4-7.ht

Sent the email now. Oh and my mom comes down again

Old 12-13-2023, 09:46 AM

Universalism is a false teaching, and have a false concept of the True God, even the devils have a better realization of the True God than they do, for they understand the Sovereignty of God and know a time is coming when they will be tormented.

Matt 8:28-29

28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

They tremble at the realization of the True God and their eternal plight James 2:19

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The universalist doesnt tremble at all

Old 12-13-2023, 11:46 AM

720 posts, read 229,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Universalism is a false teaching, and have a false concept of the True God, even the devils have a better realization of the True God than they do, for they understand the Sovereignty of God and know a time is coming when they will be tormented.

Matt 8:28-29

28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

They tremble at the realization of the True God and their eternal plight James 2:19

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The universalist doesnt tremble at all
Fear is the beginning of wisdom, not the end result. Do you fear your parents? I trembled often at God, still do but in a different way. I tremble due to His power, not because I think He hates me or ANYONE

Old 12-13-2023, 12:06 PM

Universalism is a lie since it teaches that Christ came to redeem all mankind without exception, and some say He died for the devil and his angels as well. Well Christ Redemptive Work was typified by the Near Kinsmen redeemer, that means Jesus had a near kinsman relationship with them He redeems from the slavery of sin,

So in essence the universalist is saying that Jesus Christ sustained a near kinsmen relationship with satan, all his demonic angels, and the children of the devil. Also if this was true, why would Jesus say or yet say to these He never knew them Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Strange words to say to a near kinsmen, who you came to redeem from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Old 12-13-2023, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Fear is the beginning of wisdom, not the end result. Do you fear your parents? I trembled often at God, still do but in a different way. I tremble due to His power, not because I think He hates me or ANYONE
Not the same kinda fear.That kinda fear is given with the new heart in regeneration Jer 32:39-40

And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

The devil and his demons havent been regenerated.

Old 12-13-2023, 02:26 PM

14,946 posts, read 17,294,601 times
Every person is dearly loved by God and every person will enter the kingdom of heaven. The same all who were lost in Adam will be redeemed in Jesus Christ. All were made for Jesus Christ as Colossians 1 teaches.

The good news of Jesus Christ puts a new song into the heart of the one who believes. It is the most positive message that is pronounced in the creation. God is love and restores all people to Himself through His Son who gave His life for all. God will redeem and restore all of creation to Himself. God is in full control and He is able to accomplish His will for His own creation.

Now, lets take a look at what others may teach.

Some say that God loves all but that He is unable to restore all to Himself due to man's free will. There are just some people who will never accept God. But the scriptures tell us that all will one day return to Him, that all will bow in adoration before Him, that all will willingly confess and give praise Him, that all will be made subject to Him.

Some say that God does not love all, that He hates the majority that that only a few will be saved. But the scriptures teach that it was God's good pleasure to reconcile all to Himself, that Jesus was sent by the Father to be the Savior of the world, that Jesus takes away the sin of the world, that God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth and that that one day God will be all in all.

The realization of the eventual restoration of all does not deny the judgments of God. This belief does not say that we can live as we want to with no consequences in store. As has been shared many times, many will suffer loss, exclusion, separation, the severe judgments of God. The judgments of God do not lead to permanent death or everlasting hell. They are related to a specific time frame and they have a higher purpose leading to subjection all to God. From Him, and through Him, and to Him are all the all things. God bless.

Old 12-13-2023, 04:01 PM

[Editor’s Note: So I meant to post this earlier, but I still had to edit this. Now that it’s done, figured I’ll post it already. This was from around 3 days ago]

It's around 2:46 PM Dec 10 2024 and my mother is harassing me for defending my sister earlier today. My father is driving, I’m sitting in the front to the right while my mother is sitting directly behind me.

My mother tells me to not write down what happens because it should stay in the family. But that isn't healthy.

My mother says it happens and then goes away. But I reply sating that it keeps happening over and over again.

O tell my mother that its not supposed to be happening over and over again

My father replies saying that people internalize conflict, but it's not healthy to internalize it completely

My mother talks about a situation where a coworker complains at her work. But obviously, if there’s something wrong at work, then it’s good to complain about it.

So, I reply telling my mother that there’s abuse

Mama: This is not abuse! This is family matters

Mama: Soap operas. The young and the restless I used to watch. They have all this family disputes family matters.

Me: Well, our life is not supposed to be some constant drama like an episodic tv show. The issue is that you're creating the drama mama

Mama: It's like you’re not in the real world. Like you want to create heaven on this earth. But that's not gonna happen. Trying to create a perfect world, no

[Editor’s Note
But I believe that a perfectly good world with no suffering will eventually be reached. For this to be possible, everyone must be believers in Christ. With the permanent existence of sin in Christian Infernalism and the permanent loss of potential good in Christian Annihlationism, it’s only in Christian Universalism among these three options where perfect goodness is realized.

```Psalm 107:1 NRSVue O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever```

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/psalms/107-1.htm
לְעוֹלָ֣ם related to olam inflection used here, as many Christian Universalitss are familiar with, similar in meaning to aion related to age. ]

Me: But its still worth trying. To make this life even a little but better. Especially since all you need to do mama is to be kinder

Mama: We'll see about that.

Then my mother says how my sister might be at a particular location. And a predetermined event occurs. My sister was out on her own with a friend and we drove to the same spot where we are.

So, I text my sister to warn her.

So, in Burger King my mother tell me that she has been given intuition that lets her predict these things, and tells me to listen to her warnings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity